[FS17]Kleinhau Official Feedback (4km Map)

Preble 818

Re: [FS17]Kleinhau Official Feedback

Post by Preble 818 »

Hiijinx wrote:
cr41g_1965 wrote:
Hiijinx wrote:
This is my first mod so am still learning the workflow but this is definitely something I wish to happen!
something you wish to happen...you mean come to console !!?
Yes I would love it to be available on consoles too. I will keep you updated on this!
You will be well loved if you can make that happen :)
the map looks really nice!
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Dodgeboy_98

Post by Dodgeboy_98 »

Hiijinx wrote:Hello all,

Please post any issues/feedback (good or bad) in this topic and I will do my best to address any issues ASAP.
Please try your hardest to bring this map to console!!!!!!!!

Edit don_apple: unnecessary quoting removed.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Dont try your hardest, take your time :)
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Dodgeboy_98 wrote: Please try your hardest to bring this map to console!!!!!!!!
Please try your hardest not to quote a large post with pictures and all just for a one sentence reply. This will help to keep the threads readable. Thank you.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
chuckGnades

Post by chuckGnades »

lefe1 wrote:looks awesome and your dad would be proud. looking forward on playing it on PS4. Thank You
Sorry guy but that's a stupid quote you have there. you believe that silence is wisdom, yet you have that quote on all your posts. Seems hypocritical.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Drove around for about an hour last night through the forest mostly. Started at the farm and went to the store and then up north from there through town into the forest and then made my way around to the quarry and back to the farm. Here are some things I observed.

Some of the buildings may be scaled wrong. Some felt small or short. If you go up to the front door you can see the top of the door which I would have expected to not be in my FOV when standing at the door. Of course my player may just be taller than I am IRL. For example there is a building by a camper at the main farm. the building feels to short unless its a play house for kids. Also there is a truck down by a barn with the wheels off. The wheel are sitting off to the side and they seemed way to large when standing beside them compared to the truck. Liked the animated windmills in town.

I really liked driving through the forest both on the dirt paths and just free driving through the trees. The attention to detail is amazing. When driving through the forest the tractor was bumping and rocking all over the place from the rough ground it would have been so easy to make your elevations and plant your trees and have a basically smooth forest floor but you have introduced various changes to the ground surface to make it rough. There are sections where you have large indentations in the ground and big boulders coming out of the ground with moss on them. That was great to see deep into the forest. Found the water mill down at the pond in the forest north of town I jumped in the water and I dont know if its possible but when you go below the water level the water disapears. Not sure if that is correctable. Liked seeing random fallen trees in the forest and the occasional clearing of grass or smaller trees. When driving through the forest you sometimes come upon an area that has been previously cut as their are tree trunks left from where trees had been cut. Really like that touch. Need to test if those stumps are removable or not with the grinder. The elevation changes in the forest are insane. If your not careful how you place your logs there are going to be quite a few rolling down hill.

Found at least 1 tree across the road in the forest when you come out of the quarry and you go kind of south east in a diagonal. Just to test I wiped out my chain saw and was happy to find I could cut a section of the tree out so I could move it out of the way and clear the road. There is a building at the top of the quary that is also used at the BGA that seems scaled to small. I suppose its some kind of gate watch tower but its way to small IMO.

Found more of your historical signs and quotes. Great touches and I wouldn't be surprised if at some point someone comes across some kind of broken down tank or military truck in the woods with a tree growing out of it. Found the flyer board at what looks like a parking place for folks that want to go hiking in the forest. Wished the stuff posted there was higher res so I could read it. really liked the two signs showing you as a child and as an adult in the same spot. That was truly touching.

Cant wait until this evening so I can start exploring more of the eastern and southern aspects of the map.
MagicMagor

Post by MagicMagor »

For the 0€-problem with the barn this thread in the german section might have some hints: Link
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

@ Aklein Thanks for your lovely write up - I will look into the building scale issue.
As for the water it is something I had previously noted down, the drawback of having it act like real water ie not being able to go underneath it, was that it seemed to define everything below that point as water - even on the other side of the map where it shouldn't. Best I can think of is to add a collision model to it to stop you from walking into it atall. Will pencil this in under the fixes.

@ MagicMagor Thanks for the link, I have been scratching my head on this overnight so will definitely help. Thanks again!
aklein

Post by aklein »

on gold crest you can "swim" in the water. maybe its that they made the lake not that deep. I remember going to that center island to get gold off it. you could check out that part of the base map to see what they did.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Finished my drive around last night. Not sure if you intended this or if it can even be removed but I was looking at the sheep area and found the US Flag grass texture there in the grass field and sheep pasture. If you didn't know there is an easter egg in GCV map that if you plant grass on your field to the west of the main yard when the grass is at its full growth point it will have a texture similar to the US flag.

I drove around the sheep area for a while before I figured out where the water area was. For those looking its in the pasture to the east of the one that has the grass trough in it.
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

aklein wrote:Finished my drive around last night. Not sure if you intended this or if it can even be removed but I was looking at the sheep area and found the US Flag grass texture there in the grass field and sheep pasture. If you didn't know there is an easter egg in GCV map that if you plant grass on your field to the west of the main yard when the grass is at its full growth point it will have a texture similar to the US flag.

I drove around the sheep area for a while before I figured out where the water area was. For those looking its in the pasture to the east of the one that has the grass trough in it.
You know I had wondered if I was just seeing things but I did notice this when looking through the texture files - I figured it was just an odd way they used to create the different flower variations.
Colin_TJ

Post by Colin_TJ »

It looks amazing.
I'm looking forward to play it on my PS4 when it will be compatible... Keep up good work.
I always have respect and appreciation for things done based on real world as they require huge amount of time spend on research as well as great dedication to detail.
And such dedication always deserve utmost recognition from users.
Hope that you will catch up all small errors and fix them as I honestly can't wait to play it.
PlayStation 5 FS22 :coolnew:
Game Tag: Colin_TJ :hi:
aklein

Post by aklein »

Its at the 2min mark of this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2E0zMB37lQ

In the lawfolds map there is a scottish flag in the big grass field in the south.
iw_shawn

Post by iw_shawn »

I want to thank the map builder for such a wonderful map! My favourite part of the map are the history information boards, the just bring the map to life and feel like a real place with a story.

The landscape is stunning, I love the mix of farmland and forest. The fields are laid out nice and are a nice size to work, not to big or to small. The trails through the forests are fun to drive around explore.

This is my favourite map so far for fs17, 5 stars.
Dodgeboy_98

Post by Dodgeboy_98 »

Hiijinx wrote:@ Aklein Thanks for your lovely write up - I will look into the building scale issue.
As for the water it is something I had previously noted down, the drawback of having it act like real water ie not being able to go underneath it, was that it seemed to define everything below that point as water - even on the other side of the map where it shouldn't. Best I can think of is to add a collision model to it to stop you from walking into it atall. Will pencil this in under the fixes.

@ MagicMagor Thanks for the link, I have been scratching my head on this overnight so will definitely help. Thanks again!
Coming to console???