[FS17]Kleinhau Official Feedback (4km Map)

aklein

Re: [FS17]Kleinhau Official Feedback

Post by aklein »

yes i would.
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

Hehe thanks for pointing him to the final nugget - really annoyed at how the map border cuts if off the PDA - might have to adjust that if I do another update.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Ya, I had 2 nuggets missing. I zoomed in the PDA all the way and scrolled around the border till I saw the nugget dot. i had to open up the editor to find the last nugget on the far west of the map. I counted the 1's in the xml to figure out I needed to find nugget 49 I think. then I counted the nuggets in the editor till I got to 49 and then zoomed out in the editor till I saw the nugget at the far edge of the map. zoomed in till I found it on the sign.

BTW that shack in the woods. Seriously! That was a total shocker in a cool way.
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

Following on from a request from a youtube review - here is a list of all the equipment which I have records of being on the actual farm.
I find it really touching to hear people wanting to actually relive the farm - enjoy.

Bare in mind, this was not a well off farm and most of the equipment was aging. It also has some tractors from the neighbouring farm (where the cows are) but have included them since I combined the 2.

The orange tractor is a FIAT 680

A Massey 1014 owned by our neighbours

A Belarus MTS 82 - thanks to our old neighbours for the confirmation.

A Fendt Favorit 610S owned by our neighbours

An International Harvester 654

A closer look at the Krone Forage Wagon - cant make out the model number sadly. But again, it will most likely be something mid-late 80's.

A Weidemann Hoftrak - almost certainly the 1995 model

And a Guldner G35
Last edited by Hiijinx on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dzi4d3k

Post by Dzi4d3k »

Thank you for huge and great map, I want just to note that x4 map is 4km x 4km which is 16 km2 not 4 km2 like in video description :)
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

TomBetQ wrote:Thank you for huge and great map, I want just to note that x4 map is 4km x 4km which is 16 km2 not 4 km2 like in video description :)
Bah, your right... must have been tired. Thanks for pointing that out. :blushnew:
aklein

Post by aklein »

I noticed last night when working field 44 that the information overlay is not quite aligned with the PDA image that is underneath it when looking at field status and fruit type information.

If you zoom in on field 44 there is a round grass area and if you look at say the field status tab where it shows if the field is cultivated, growing, ready for harvest the colored overlay has a round spot that should match up somewhat with the grass spot in the field but it does not. I am using that landmark as an example as it easily shows where the round part of the overlay should be with respect to the pda image below. If you look at other field edges the overlay edge seems to be misaligned down and to the left with respect to the pda image below it.

I only noticed this as I was trying to troubleshoot a problem I was having with one of the new Kuhn implements and was trying to see up close if the status of the need plowed color was changing.

I was poking around the map files to see if I could find where the overlay and pda image where defined to possibly adjust their orientation and i'm not sure where that is set.
Last edited by aklein on Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anders Samuelsson

Post by Anders Samuelsson »

Hiijinx wrote:Following on from a request from a youtube review - here is a list of all the equipment which I have records of being on the actual farm.
I find it really touching to hear people wanting to actually relive the farm - enjoy.

Bare in mind, this was not a well off farm and most of the equipment was aging. It also has some tractors from the neighbouring farm (where the cows are) but have included them since I combined the 2.

Very cool!!!

Thanks!
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

Heya Aklein,

Yes I was aware that parts of the pda do not seem to align 100% - this was traced with a screenshot of the ingame map from a camera positioned above the terrain (just like they advise in the guides). However, one thing I did not anticipate was due to the severe terrain height differences in places (including around the edge of the map) - the resulting map was not completely square.

Heres a capture from the map during creation to show what I mean - even this was offset in game.
The fact it aligns in some places, and not in others was a PITA to try and correct without tabbing in and out of the game 1000 times so decided to ignore it.

In retrospect, if I had known what I did now - I would have made this an 8x map and used the extra space on the outskirts as a buffer not only for adding some "real" hills/trees in the background, but it would also have prevented this issue. I did actually start the conversion but by this time I had all the trees placed which meant checking none of them were floating - as well as it deleted all my fields. In the end, I decided it would have taken far too long to complete considering I actually started the map back in April 2015 I finally said "enough is enough!" :biggrin2:
aklein

Post by aklein »

Its all good thank for the explanation. I was hoping there was some cool way in an xml file to change how the overlay was displayed over the map image.

This map has very few flat spots. I noticed when working field 44 that even flatish looking field undulate up and down throughout the whole field. its great. coming from a place in the US that is not flat its more realistic to me. I think i might have 5 sq ft of flat space in my yard.
EliteGamer

Post by EliteGamer »

How long does it take approximately until the map appears on console. Thanks in advance for the answer. Please provide a realistic answer
Hiijinx

Post by Hiijinx »

EliteGamer wrote:How long does it take approximately until the map appears on console. Thanks in advance for the answer. Please provide a realistic answer

I will share the official response I got from GIANTS.
I had a look at your map.

It's a beautiful little map with I BET houres of work!

Regrettably, it contains a lot of errors, which are relevant for a console release.

Besides some mapping problems, like harsh corners in streets or the width of some streets - i mean on the terrain itself - there are some performance issues too.

Please be aware, that you're not allowed to use customized scripts or customized shaders.
Moreover, you will have to check every texture for compatibility, like available alpha channel in specular and none in normal maps.
Nevertheless it's necessary, that everything works without any problems.

We have only tested it for around 30 to 60 minutes and therefor, we thought, it's worth to upload it as a Beta for now.

If you want to have it tested, there is A LOT of work ahead and I don't know, if you have that time.

Thanks again for getting back to us and I'm really sorry, that I responded that late, but last week, I had a lot of work to do myself, but I promised you (silently), that I will have a closer look at the map, which I did. I hope it isn't a big let down.

My biggest concern with this is that I would have to severely reduce view distances on all models to make it playable on console - whether they would allow a high spec PC version and a lower console edit I will have to ask.

More over - the roads... my god the roads. .... no exaggeration here, the bulk of my time was getting those buggers to fit together in a half way decent fashion. Not disrespecting the model as it works perfectly but when you try adding them on hilly terrain it becomes horribly frustrating. Think of it like a childs train set - each piece of road is a separate straight piece of road that do not make for very good slopes. Yes it came with a few angled pieces but they relied on the terrain being a certain angle in the first place. This is why (in particular, the road down to the Biogas) has those nasty sharp joins.

To fix this, each piece would need to be moved and terrain raised/lowered which would mean adjusting all the trees, rocks, ground objects etc - all of a sudden, it becomes one hell of a task.

So in short - I will try and get the PC version to its final version and then will have to ask GIANTS again.
Hope this helps.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I guess the best thing about your response along with some of the updates that we have gotten from somethingonmyshoe2 is that we are getting some insight into the incredible amount of work it takes to bring these maps to console. So I have a bit more tolerance now than I used to to say the least. Not that my intolerance was anything but a problem for myself rather than others. Thank you for the update
Edit: I didn't mention bulletbill or sittinhere in my original post and I didn't want to leave out the value of the information they have provided as well
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Every day I ask myself. With such restrictions at the console level why do folks continue to play this game on the console vs a computer. I know that not everyone has access to a computer that might have a console. But if you have the chance to play on PC it seems to be far more open of a platform. Near endless option in mods, hundreds of choices in maps from any number of sites. Ability to tweak stuff to your personal liking, etc.

Beyond possibly taking the massive undertaking of a total re haul of the map for console are there planned changes for the map as it is now? Just looking to see if the version we have in the beta section will probably be the final version forever in beta which is fine by me. Its in no way a beta map as far as I am concerned.
Haiya-Dragon

Post by Haiya-Dragon »

I'm experiencing some weirdness while working silage at the biogas plant. I dropped a bunch of grass in the middle bunker and finished fermenting it. Next, I put two conveyors (S710 and S 80-22) which has been a proven combination in my games so far. Not here. The S710 refuses to pick up any silage. I got a wheel loader in the action with the silage fork. This one also exhibits some odd behaviour: No matter how high I lift the fork, it will always try to pick up silage below it.
Dropping silage into the plant with the wheel loader works as intended though.
I tried moving the conveyors to somewhere else on the premises, then dropping some silage in front of it, but still nothing. They just refuse to pick it up, almost as if it's not on the correct height.
Even using just the S710 and putting it on force unload makes no difference.

Aside from this problem, I'm thoroughly enjoying the map. Thank you for all your invested time!