Mod Lag Question??

upstateny_420farmer

Mod Lag Question??

Post by upstateny_420farmer »

I recently found a really sweet GMC Sierra mod. Only problem is it lags really bad. Someone else on the mod website had the same problem with the lag as I do. Someone else said go into the xml and change :

loggingfile enable="true" filename="txt.log"console enable="true"/logging

to:

loggingfile enable="false" filename="txt.log"console enable="true"/logging

The question is, how do i go about changing the "True" to a "False"? I can't get a cursor to show up in the log area to delete the word "True". How do I edit the log line? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
juf.de

Re: Mod Lag Question??

Post by juf.de »

Before you follow my instructions read this, so you are aware of what you are doing: the log.txt is a file with which tells you if a mods causes problems. If this mod causes a lot of problems, thelogfielwhilegrowprettyfast which in extreme cases makesyour game lag. Therefore disableing the log file want be a solution, you should rather delete that mod right away,as its probably totally bugged.
Anyway here's how you can disable the logfile if you still like to do so: navigate to yourfarmingsimulator folder (which contains your mod folder), there you will find a file called game.xml, open this file with notepad++ or a similar program.
Search for this line:

Code: Select all

<file enable="true" filename="log.txt"/>
And replace it with this line:

Code: Select all

<file enable="false" filename="log.txt"/>
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
TSM

Post by TSM »

if a mod is causing the game to lag and that is option to fix it I would say delete the mod, the log.txt uncovers alot of issues disabling would be a different no no for me.
Roktaal

Post by Roktaal »

Turning off error logging as a way of fixing the problem would be like closing your eyes because there is too much sunshine. You can turn off log file but the problem will still be there.
The real fix would be to read that log.txt and see whats causing all the errors and then edit the mod to fix the problem. Now I can't say whats the problem and how to fix it but if you post a log.txt here we can take a look and maybe tell you what to edit to fix the problem.