Set field sizes function GE 7.0.5 ??

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
SenSeo

Set field sizes function GE 7.0.5 ??

Post by SenSeo »

What does this function in GE do?
and this one: toggle render field area?

thanks
[Windows 10 Pro running from Kingston ssd,Asus Maximus IX Hero,I7 7700K,Crucial 16gb RAM,MSI GTX 960 4gb,PS4 controller via usb]
leifege640

Re: Set field sizes function GE 7.0.5 ??

Post by leifege640 »

With these two functions, it makes making fields SO MUCH easier than before, especially the toggle render field area when it comes to irregular field shapes.

The toggle render field area shows the area that your field definitions will create. This especailly useful for knowing where the NPC farmers will set up their fields without having to blindly place the field definition corners and hope that you set things up correctly when you go in-game. To toggle this, select "fields" in the scenegraph, then click on Scripts>FS17>Map>Toggle Render Field Areas and you will see a blue polygon appear in the shape of your field. You can do this before you begin to edit your fields.

Once your fields have been edited to your liking, you can then set the proper field areas instead of having to guess how big your new field(s) is(are). Simply select the "fields" again in the scenegraph, then click Scripts>FS17>Map>Set Field Sizes. you can do this at any point that you are editing your fields, but it is easier to wait until you have edited all of your fields so that all of the field sizes will be set at once.

These two functions have made it possible to easily convert my 4x map from FS15 to FS17, which is all irregularly shaped fields without properly placed field definitions. Good job Giants *thumbsup* .
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
SenSeo

Post by SenSeo »

leifege640 wrote:With these two functions, it makes making fields SO MUCH easier than before, especially the toggle render field area when it comes to irregular field shapes.

The toggle render field area shows the area that your field definitions will create. This especailly useful for knowing where the NPC farmers will set up their fields without having to blindly place the field definition corners and hope that you set things up correctly when you go in-game. To toggle this, select "fields" in the scenegraph, then click on Scripts>FS17>Map>Toggle Render Field Areas and you will see a blue polygon appear in the shape of your field. You can do this before you begin to edit your fields.

Once your fields have been edited to your liking, you can then set the proper field areas instead of having to guess how big your new field(s) is(are). Simply select the "fields" again in the scenegraph, then click Scripts>FS17>Map>Set Field Sizes. you can do this at any point that you are editing your fields, but it is easier to wait until you have edited all of your fields so that all of the field sizes will be set at once.

These two functions have made it possible to easily convert my 4x map from FS15 to FS17, which is all irregularly shaped fields without properly placed field definitions. Good job Giants *thumbsup* .
That was very helpfull.Thanks for answering my question on such a sort notice,much appreciated!Already putting it to good use *thumbsup*
[Windows 10 Pro running from Kingston ssd,Asus Maximus IX Hero,I7 7700K,Crucial 16gb RAM,MSI GTX 960 4gb,PS4 controller via usb]
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

No problem. I am glad I could help you out.
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
pedrochapps

Post by pedrochapps »

So how do Grass fields work ? ive set the field area of a grass field with the new layer you pain down to define that it will be grass but when i go in game the ai have converted all my hard work to a sown field
to
SenSeo

Post by SenSeo »

I have this problem all the time you plant something in GE and in game there is some other crop in the field.
What i tend to do is turn the "problem fields" into permanent grass fields.I simply delete the field in the scenegraph and then go back to where the field was,select terrain foliage paint mode,hold right mouse button and paint over the field so all the dirt is gone.After that i plant the grass.By doing it this way i can have a nice field of fresh green grass without any dirt patches :)

If you don't want to do any of this you can try to delete all the tourIcons in the scenegraph by selecting the main tree.
This was once suggested to me as a solution but it did not work for me but maybe it works for you :)
WillieL2016

Post by WillieL2016 »

im also after starting on making a map , i had 5 or 6 fields which i painted a ploughed texture on all except one in the one i painted a grass texture and then painted grass on it , but when i went ingame the fields were bigger than i made them as such and they had crops already growing in them which i didnt plant / paint in them and the grass field was also turned into wheat
böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Post by böserlöwe »

Thats the solution of the Missions in Game.
If you dont want that the game do that, you have to disable the MissionFunction for this Field.
SenSeo

Post by SenSeo »

Willie,i found out how to enable/disable the mission function for a field in GE :) Select the specific field and add the attribute fieldJobUsageAllowed and select boolean.Then you can turn it on/off :)
LostManAbroad

Post by LostManAbroad »

leifege640 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:18 am With these two functions, it makes making fields SO MUCH easier than before, especially the toggle render field area when it comes to irregular field shapes.

Finally!! Thank you so much. This is quite possibly the most important information for a map creator to know when it comes to the creation of fields and yet it is not mentioned once throughout all of the Giants video tutorials that they created for FS17. I have been trying to wrap my head around field creation for days now and I have been going mad because the tutorials created by Giants are so lacking in any useful information. I really struggle to understand how a company that did such an amazing job on a game can then turn around and do such a poor job on the tutorials for their own software. Finally, I can take off with my map creation. Thank you.
farmerlad123

Post by farmerlad123 »

Maybe is bit late but if anyone looking for how to create field this video will help, I know it explained a lot for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb9aO-AgTZI
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

SenSeo wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:00 pm I have this problem all the time you plant something in GE and in game there is some other crop in the field.
What i tend to do is turn the "problem fields" into permanent grass fields.I simply delete the field in the scenegraph and then go back to where the field was,select terrain foliage paint mode,hold right mouse button and paint over the field so all the dirt is gone.After that i plant the grass.By doing it this way i can have a nice field of fresh green grass without any dirt patches :)

If you don't want to do any of this you can try to delete all the tourIcons in the scenegraph by selecting the main tree.
This was once suggested to me as a solution but it did not work for me but maybe it works for you :)
I saw this comment and while it being a bit late to answer, here's what I THINK :hmm: is going on. A lot of guys are creating there maps and checking them in game. They buy the fastest rolling mod they have and save for the next try of the map after editing. Here's the thing, the save contains the field conditions and shows them in game even after you changed it in GE. After editing the field/crops you need to get rid of the following files that are in the corresponding save folder:
1. cultivator_density.gdm
2. fruit_density.gdm
3. terrain.lod.type.cache
After you tested the map and saved again, those files are regenerated, with the crops and growth states you've set in GE.

This method is working with all versions of GE. :hi:
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.