[WIP] Bjornholm FS17

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
BigC92

Re: [WIP] Bjornholm FS17

Post by BigC92 »

I have a question, are you going to remove unnecessary buildings? The "garage" behind the beet, potato and wood chips, can you remove it? Or make it have functioning doors? If you have the know-how.
JTstractors

Post by JTstractors »

BIG THANKS TO LEIFEGE640 on doing this amazing project for us console users! I have been part of the farming sim family since fs13 and this is my favorite map of all time. I have read the entire thread and it looks like leifege640 has put in tons and tons of work on this map coming to fs17 and will keep it as my fav. Thanks again to leifege640 you sir are a gentleman and a scholar!
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

@JTstractors, I don't think it will be released for console. He is a PC player. But I wouldn't know, I am not him. :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
JTstractors

Post by JTstractors »

JohnDeere318 wrote:@JTstractors, I don't think it will be released for console. He is a PC player. But I wouldn't know, I am not him. :)
I thought he said for console in the bottom of the very first post but hey I could be wrong too :lol:
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

JTstractors wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:@JTstractors, I don't think it will be released for console. He is a PC player. But I wouldn't know, I am not him. :)
I thought he said for console in the bottom of the very first post but hey I could be wrong too :lol:
Oh duh, yes he did say it would be for consoles as well, I read wrong. :mrgreen:

How to post your log.txt
JTstractors

Post by JTstractors »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
JTstractors wrote:
Oh duh, yes he did say it would be for consoles as well, I read wrong. :mrgreen:
lol no worries brother :biggrin2:
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

The Weekly Update :!:

So I did warn you guys from the beginning that there may be times when I won't get anything done for the week. And this week was one of those weeks unfortunately. The only thing that I managed to get to this week was updating all of the shaders on the map and adding the water planes. I am not going to try to make any excuses as to why nothing got done this week, but I did start classes this week for the spring semester and I picked up a few more hours of work so I didn't have much free time this past week. Things should be open a little more this coming week, so I will try to work on the map some more.

All that I need to do is just add in the traffic splines, do some touch ups here and there, and finish adding all of the fields.

Anyways, that is all I have for you guys this week.

Leif :hi:
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Unless your getting paid to do this full time, carry on at your own pace sir!
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

Thank you again for all your efforts on this. And thank you for keeping us up to date on how things are going.
Just a guy, playing the game of life, and this game.
"PC" player. Modded to the teeth.
FS15/17, Saitek 3 piece, and a crappy lappy.

:hi: :gamer:
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Thanks for the update on the map @leifege640. :)

How to post your log.txt
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

The Last Weekly Update :frown:

Unfortunately I have some bad news for you guys, especially those who are console players.

A few weeks ago a conversion of Bjornholm showed up on the Modhub in the beta section (which by the way is not this version) that did have some problems with it according a few members who were following this thread. At the time I figured that I could try to post my version if the other Bjornholm conversion wasn't updated. However, an updated version of the other Bjornholm was posted to the Modhub as of Friday morning.

In light of this, I have decided to quit working on my version of the Bjornholm as it would appear that someone has already beaten me to it. I am completely fine with someone else uploading their take on converting Bjornholm and I will try to fully support to the best of my abilities . I will go ahead and still keep all of the work that I have done in case the other modder for some reason cannot get his Bjornholm to consoles, but i just won't be working on it and I won't be giving weekly updates anymore.

I do want to end with one request for the Farming Simulator community. I do trust that all of us forum members are civilized individuals, but I just want to stress something even if I am just worrying too much. Please do not try to bash the other modder just because he beat me to the conversion. If he does come around on the forums, just encourage him and ask him (politely please) to see if he/she can't bring it to consoles when he can.

Anyways, I kind of wish I wasn't writing this, but I feel it needs to be done. And to the modder of Bjornholm 17: good luck to you in your work and if you need any help with your map just give us a holler.

Leif :hi:
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Well I am sorry to hear that Leif, but i guess it does make sense. I much appreciate the effort you were making for us console players. I know you said you are now busy with school and such but I am curious if you have another project in the works?
PS4
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

Not at the moment. I have a private conversion of a 4x map that i am slowly working on, but that will never be released unless I got permission from the original modder, and I couldn't release it to console because 4x maps are too big for consoles to handle. For now I don't plan on trying to start another map, but you never know if my schedule suddenly changes. It was nice to have most of the work completed while I was on winter break though.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Thank you leifege640 for all of your time trying to bring this to consoles. you have yourself a wonderful day
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

I totally understand not having enough time with school and your private map..... and maybe some time to actually play the game :lol: but if you do decide to start a new project for the public be sure to let us know *thumbsup*
PS4