rattlesnake valley

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Rico4v4

Re: Rattle Snake Valley

Post by Rico4v4 »

I'll try alt tabing. I removed all mods, and it didn't help. Then i tried the lowest graphic settings, which helped on a new save, but didn't help on my current save. I deleted rattlesnake valley, and redownloaded, but haven't tried it yet.
Rico4v4

Post by Rico4v4 »

iw_shawn wrote:
Rico4v4 wrote:Field 12 is glitchy for me, both before and after the 1.4 patch. The land changes, so i can't tell if i've planted or not. Portions of the ground look cultivated, while other areas look planted, and it changes/flickers constantly. I was thinking this was the 'grass glitch' that i keep reading about, and hoped that 1.4 would fix it. :(
I had this problem when I plowed the extra grass under around the field. That was with 1.3, after updating to 1.4 I had the problem when I first went back to the field, I alt-tab'd to windows to check an email, and when I went back into the game the field was fine and has been since.
Oddly enough, this suggestion worked! After redownloading and adding the map, the glitch remained, so i alt tabbed out of the game and back in. The glitch is gone! I've had to do it each time i play, but hey, i'll take it!!!! I have no mods added yet, so i hope i can get some added without the glitch coming back.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Does anyone know if this map is comming to consoles?
PS5 / FS22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Its 50/50
scrivy

Post by scrivy »

Does the weeder work for fertilizing? I noticed after i got patch 1.4 that when using the weeder it only adds a fertilization level once there is actual plant growth. My question is this an update with 1.4? I never used before 1.4 to see if this is the map of the patch. I know on Goldcrest I was able to use the weeder to fertilize right after harvest this does not work now. Any idea?
aklein

Re: rattlesnake valley

Post by aklein »

This map has an insane amount of free grass pastures not marked on the map beyond just seeing green space. I filled a 500K L fermenting silo and a 500K L capacity hay loft with grass and still have 4 or 5 pastures left to pick up. Not to mention the huge grass areas around many of the fields.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

scrivy wrote:Does the weeder work for fertilizing? I noticed after i got patch 1.4 that when using the weeder it only adds a fertilization level once there is actual plant growth. My question is this an update with 1.4? I never used before 1.4 to see if this is the map of the patch. I know on Goldcrest I was able to use the weeder to fertilize right after harvest this does not work now. Any idea?
yes.. from what I understood on the patch notes the ability to use the weeder anytime was a bug so they fixed it
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
PrincessJessi84

Preble 818 wrote:I think I can say for all off us console players that we greatly appreciate hearing this. I mean that in the most understated way. Hopefully our PC cohorts are ok with the bit of extra work they need to go to to add the scripts we appreciate that as well. It's been bittersweet hearing how much people are enjoying exploring this thing without us lol. Thanks again and we'll look forward to seeing how this works out.
I don't mind a bit of extra work as long as it works out well for everyone.. I'm still not entirely convinced that consoles will run this huge map but I certainly think its worth a shot.. this map is really good and is exactly what console users have been asking for.. well.. except fences.. there r fences around the fields lol.. but seriously.. yea I would love to see this make its way to consoles.. for everyone here and so I could play it with my gf on xbox
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I guess I could see the size causing a problem since this is an old engine but we have some huge games on console all open world so it's not like the platform can't handle a huge map. I've been playing just cause 3 a lot. That's pretty big. Then again they may have a huge amount of ppl working on optimization. But we'll see. Either way I appreciate the effort somethinginmyshoe2 is going to.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
PrincessJessi84

no i absolutely agree.. with a new game engine i wouldn't even question it.. i mean ive run all kinds of crazy big games on my xbox.. but under the capabilities of the current engine i think there is certainly reason to wonder.. but yea i think its awesome.. he has done an amazing job and short of performance issues i think this map should be across all platforms.. ive really got my fingers crossed.. what i think is probably the coolest is his idea for the script pack.. i think it is a really creative way to get the map on all platforms while still getting pc gamers all the little extras
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

Thank you for considering getting this map to consoles. It is appreciated!
heyimbill.com
Kj252017

Post by Kj252017 »

Why dont yall make this map availible for xbox1 too instead on foe just pc.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Wow just wow, im a consile player but i find that very disrespectful

Post by 987 »

Kj252017, the creator of the map is I'm sure working very hard on making this map available to console players. If you have some time read through the previous threads on Rattlesnake Valley and your questions might be answered on why it's not been released for console just yet.
clw2147

Post by clw2147 »

Kj252017 wrote:Why dont yall make this map availible for xbox1 too instead on foe just pc.
if you had read all the threads on this map(there are 2 active threads in general questions and 1 active in moding) you would know that the creator of the map is working on getting a console friendly version out.
somethingonmyshoe2 wrote:hi there
well there's a big change comeing to the map Rattlesnake Valley v2.

1. there a railway im working on at the moment. (its a bit on the big side)
2. the big change on the map is there's going to be no scripts on the map its self. (so the map may go onto console's. well thats the hope). this parts hit and miss. (not sure if a 4x map will work on a console). but i'll give it a try.
3. im making a scripts mod and parts pack for the map. (pc only on this part). its going to have all the sawmill an stuff for the map (so you just drop into the mod file on the game). im setting up so it place's all parts on to the map.
4. the parts pack for the map. i will only upload to aem.
5 have your say on all this (as it helps to make the map loads better). :biggrin2:
the reason its not currently available for console is because it uses scripts. as seen in the second bullet in the quote above they are currently reworking the map to remove all scripts and place them in a separate mod. that way both console and pc players can download the map, then pc players can download the script portion and get the added function of all the stuff that will require scripts to work(lumber yards and such)