rattlesnake valley

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
canadafarms

Re: rattlesnake valley

Post by canadafarms »

D'oh Farming wrote:
if you don't mind me asking where did you find that about them finally helping him try to fix it?
I took that from the Klienhau map thread, it is from a post made by pfreek from Giants. It is only a small part of the post but I used it to show that as of now 4x maps are not possible on consoles..... although he did say he would look into it. I'm still not getting my hopes up though.
PS4
D'oh Farming

Post by D'oh Farming »

canadafarms wrote:
D'oh Farming wrote:
if you don't mind me asking where did you find that about them finally helping him try to fix it?
I took that from the Klienhau map thread, it is from a post made by pfreek from Giants. It is only a small part of the post but I used it to show that as of now 4x maps are not possible on consoles..... although he did say he would look into it. I'm still not getting my hopes up though.
thanks!
dgk816

Post by dgk816 »

clw2147 wrote:
Jay911 wrote:Was there any mention of the odd behavior of conveyor belts at the gas plant being sorted out?
not sure, but i doubt it. the main priority has most likely been the bigger changes. the small problems will probably be worked on in future updates
I have a problem with conveyors not picking up from the ground. I can dump a load on them with a front end loader and the conveyor will pick that up but then stop. I wish I knew that before dumping 96000L of beets :)

Has anyone had the same issue?

Thanks.

PS. A shout out to the author of this map...I'm loving it.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Are you using the right type of conveyor? As far as I know only the little dinky one can pick up from the floor, and can only offload to another conveyor, so you need at least 2 to fill a tipper from a pile on the floor.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
dgk816

Post by dgk816 »

That's the setup Im using. As a test, I started a new map with all mods disabled, dumped some wheat on the ground at the shop and the little conveyor still did not pick it up. I then repeated the same test on Goldcrest Valley (but with all my mods enabled). The conveyor worked. That confirms that at least I was not screwing it up somehow and it must be the map.

Im not worried at all about it. I just wanted to know if anyone else noticed the same issue.

Thanks.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Other people have posted about the conveyor issue before. I believe others have also experienced this problem in other 4x maps... so I believe it is one of those general 4x map issues..
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

Is there a separate scripts/parts pack available, as mentioned at one point in this thread, that I'm missing? I tried starting a new save in V2, and every single animated garage door on every garage building on the main farm yard is gone. Yet, I've seen at least one or two screenshots in this thread, claiming to be from V2, that shows garage doors on the buildings.
I got a whole bunch of errors/warnings in my logfile, none would "appear" to be related to garage doors, but I include it in a paste here anyway....

https://pastebin.com/JBEw284S

Am I missing something?
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Make sure you only select map you are playing on in your mod list. It appears that you have multiple maps selected at once.

Also: I believe he removed all animated doors from the V2.. as I don't have them on mine either.
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

Ok, thought I was missing something, but maybe I was mistaken about those screenshots....

New problem, though... None of the tedders work properly. They'll do bits and pieces, but refuse to work for the entire working width, as shown in the video (please pardon the annoying watermark).

https://youtu.be/0ffIvFVKJCU

This is still in V1, since I'm not entirely in a rush to actually start a new savegame on with a V2 update... Any ideas?
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

If you still have errors in your log is try to resolve that. Looks like you had a mod conflict going on. If you remember when you last had a clean log id start with removing any mods since then and try again. I do remember having problens with a windrower skipping stuff frequently on that map so maybe there is another problem. Also it's not to much trouble editing your current stuff into a new save game. You can even edit storage amounts into all your bins and storage units. I've put in animals and the feed amounts as well.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Guil

Post by Guil »

StoneC0ld wrote:Ok, thought I was missing something, but maybe I was mistaken about those screenshots....

New problem, though... None of the tedders work properly. They'll do bits and pieces, but refuse to work for the entire working width, as shown in the video (please pardon the annoying watermark).

https://youtu.be/0ffIvFVKJCU

This is still in V1, since I'm not entirely in a rush to actually start a new savegame on with a V2 update... Any ideas?
You don't have to start from scratch again. There's guides available on how to transfer everything across. The issue isn't going to remain while you are still on V1 so your only choice is update or live with it.
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

at this the moment in time I am not making maps till a outback is uploaded to mod hud
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

Preble 818 wrote:If you still have errors in your log is try to resolve that. Looks like you had a mod conflict going on.
Problem persists with no other mods, and no related errors/warnings in the log.
Guil wrote:You don't have to start from scratch again. There's guides available on how to transfer everything across. The issue isn't going to remain while you are still on V1 so your only choice is update or live with it.
So, the grass tedding is fixed in V2, then? I didn't see it mentioned in the V2 changelog, so I didn't see much of a point in messing up my mods/savegame folders again to do another "test update" on the map.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Drmattymd wrote:Is there a sell for point for equipment? I cant seem to find it
It's at the junk yard just down from the but point
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
MoruganKodi

Post by MoruganKodi »

I love this map. But after a couple hundred hours of just playing on Rattlesnake Valley alone (in singleplayer), I have my own feedback now, but where or how do we even feedback to the original author? (FS17 is the first game in the series for me).

- I wish the main farm had less buildings and sheds already placed (more empty space) , as - even though this map is huge, the cluster of buildings in the main farm makes it hard to find space for other placeables (specifically , large ones) - while still trying to maintain enough room for vehicles to maneuver (CoursePlay).

- Power line Cables have hitboxes (there was a tool I cannot use on Rattlesnake Valley because of the power lines hitboxes extending far lower than the cables themselves, you cant even get 100 meters away from the shop before they snagged me)

- STOP signs literally stop my 70000 tippers and other very long trailers around tight corners where trucks hardly have any room to turn, any chance of making stop signs destructible, at least the ones located at intersections? The south intersection at the main farm road is the single most annoying place to take big things around.

- Some fields will need more accessible entry/gates to roads to support larger tools or bloody long trailers. The 70000 unit tipper (MOD) + courseplay helps make this massive map bearable in singleplayer mode, but some fields are a real faceplant to navigate large machines into and from. Also - This may become even more apparent once the Big Bud DLC is out with more massive tools designed for massive farms.

- Header Trailers get stuck when trying to pass over Railroad crossings now and then, Especially around field 14 at the southwest entrance both OnField and on the road. (I haven't extended west, so not sure how many railroad crossings snag header trailers, but this sometimes stops CoursePlay controlled vehicles entirely).

- Any chance that some of the roads can be made a tad bit wider? (because, Big Bud is coming, and large tools are hard as hell to navigate with traffic on). Especially the main road the vehicle shop is located on (Mailboxes prevent wide vehicles from using this road when Traffic is on, thus I am forced to keep traffic OFF permanently).
It would be nice to be able to use wide / large tools and have traffic enabled at same time, but this is impossible atm on this map.

- The fields I have used so far all seem AI friendly, major plus side to this map, the main thing which prevents me from playing most mod maps in SP are maps that are very "Anti-Helper" , no turnaround space, etc. The main reason I play this map in SP is because I can actually use helpers, which currently outweighs the handful of things that I don't like on the map. Plus I don't have to waste massive amounts of time to "adjust" the fields with a roller just to somehow get AI to work on them.