rattlesnake valley

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
CanProFarm

Re: rattlesnake valley

Post by CanProFarm »

This map needs some adjustments and fixes... I'm sad to see that SOMS2 doesn't take care of this map...
Pacrat

Post by Pacrat »

Considering he has multiple maps to take care of, it may be a bit but he will get to it. I'm not sure of the count, but he has 3-4+ maps released/worked with and has another project in the works. During the time I've played FS 15 and 17 with his maps, he doesn't let a map just die after release.

I registered to see if anyone has made a screenshot with all the locations of usable objects marked or a document with items and gps locations marked (items that don't display on the pda.) I hate to say it, but I learned of items while reading through the last 20 pages of discussion that I never knew was on the map (due to it's size and ability to hide even large objects.) Going to go read the first 25 pages of the discussion and try to see if there is more there that I haven't found yet and general locations. I've found the seed production, one of the two small silo's (if I read it right that there are 2,) the main sawmill and the 2 wood production/sales yards to the northeast area, main silo and 2 railroad silo's, the silage maker (main farm,) the cow feed production area, and the biogas area (I have trouble with the bunkers where the blade gets caught pretty easy and well away from the walls.) Pig and sheep areas I haven't explored yet (still getting over the size of the fields and yields.) Are there other items I am missing? The small silo I found is the one just to the north-west of the cattle yard and ran across that after 40-50 hours of gameplay while checking the area out to see if it was suitable for lumber or grass chains.
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

hi there
just a update
yes I do have a work load on more then one map (there's only team me). there's a update on this I'm still working on but not sure if the season mod works on this map (x4 map as you no).
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote:hi there
just a update
yes I do have a work load on more then one map (there's only team me). there's a update on this I'm still working on but not sure if the season mod works on this map (x4 map as you no).
Hey SoMS2, it's nice to hear out from you!

I like a lot this map,
Huge fields to work,
TMR mixer is awesome
Huge Wild Fields to harvest a whole lot of grass/hay or Bale-wrap for Silage Bales

Whole lot of profits to make(even more if bale-wrapping silage on wild fields),
But there's some stuff that gets annoying...
- WholeGrain Mixer and PigFood mixer... Too much work with large Pig number(150+)...
- AI Workers gets stuck in fences/trees at the 4>8-12-13-15 fields edges if not setting CoursePlay Headlands or Ai Extention to work in "Spiral"...
- Field's workable spaces are slightly unaligned with map's fields area(best I could explain), the AI workers always leave untouched bits on fields ends.
- Can't figure out any pratical uses for SlowSoja mill
- Sheeps spits food in water through, but very east to go around by using the mod "animal Table Manners".

I am on the map since a while and I am using the recent-relased seasons mod. As far as I know and can tell(I checked with log), it's working pretty well, but I gotta say, I haven't used it much yet as it's recent and I am away from home for the week-end.

In the last days, I've thrown myself in the map modding tryouts initially for my personnal use, and I've made some decent discoveries which would make the map easier to work. If you allow me, I'll give you those in details once I'll be back home, I don't want give bad infos, but in brief:
- widen StrawBarn entrances wider(I made some tests, I can give you exact modifications to make)
> Allows Semi-Trains to enter and sell grass/hay/straw windrow/bales and silage bales, we don't need much more space. It's an easy thing to do, only 3 fences sections to delete and 2 sections to move.
- I'm trying two heavier modifications:
> replacement of the PigFood Mixer and WholeGrain mixer with the mod PF-5000 from GTX-Mods: https://www.modhoster.com/mods/placeabl ... er-pf-5000 Works flawlessly and can fill any trailers.
> Adding more crops: Oat, Rye, Spelt, Triticale and Millet... It's very complex, even following a very detailed Youtube tutorial...
= I'm hitting a snag tho, seems it conflicts with the "FabrikScript mods" scripts, unless I've made a mistake somewhere...

I tried to see how it would be possible to modify the fields in order to be able to use BigBud Pack equipments without getting stuck in threes or fences, the only fix I see for now is to cut the fields end... At this moment, I use either CoursePlay and set headlands or AI Extension in circling mode...

I think that's all for now.
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote:hi there
just a update
I added the snow mask to my copy of the map last night, should be able to get started on seasons mod gameplay on RSV today. Will be happy to report my findings on how seasons mod handles RSV and vice-versa. :)
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

StoneC0ld wrote:
I added the snow mask to my copy of the map last night, should be able to get started on seasons mod gameplay on RSV today. Will be happy to report my findings on how seasons mod handles RSV and vice-versa. :)
I have tested Seasons on two 4x maps without a Seasons mask and they worked ok. If you see any issues, then please share them in this this thread
viewtopic.php?f=895&t=113446

I have also given instructions there how you can test the texture swapping
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

Seems to work fine on RSV, as far as snowfall and the snow mask goes. However, it looks like either the "ssSetVisualSeason winter" command isn't working for me for some reason or RSV does not use GIANTS FS17 trees...
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

StoneC0ld wrote:Seems to work fine on RSV, as far as snowfall and the snow mask goes. However, it looks like either the "ssSetVisualSeason winter" command isn't working for me for some reason or RSV does not use GIANTS FS17 trees...
So in brief, the trees doesn't change with the seasons?
If it's what you mean, that's kind of a bummer...
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

ThaFarmer wrote:So in brief, the trees doesn't change with the seasons?
I suppose I'll find out when the season actually changes, but I don't know if it's legitimately trees that don't change with the seasons or if the "ssSetVisualSeason" command simply didn't work...
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

I'd like to test myself, but I keep having savegame problems...
I need to harvest my crops before activating Seasons mod or I will loose over 500k because it resets growth stages...
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

I am pretty sure the command works, because it works for everyone.
RSV was also available in FS15, wasn't it? So it probably uses FS15 trees.

There are more maps like that, so maybe they can start sharing tree textures.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

StoneC0ld wrote:
I suppose I'll find out when the season actually changes, but I don't know if it's legitimately trees that don't change with the seasons or if the "ssSetVisualSeason" command simply didn't work...
It does.

ssSetVisualSeason winter
ssSetVisualSeason summer
ssSetVisualSeason autumn
ssSetVisualSeason spring

It's as simple as that.
Therrien723

Post by Therrien723 »

I would love if SOM2 planned to add a snow mask to RSV because i tried but cannot open the map in GEditor
I am a bit of a noob. :lol:
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

theSeb wrote:
StoneC0ld wrote:
It does.

ssSetVisualSeason winter
ssSetVisualSeason summer
ssSetVisualSeason autumn
ssSetVisualSeason spring

It's as simple as that.
I finally decided to make the test on my RSV V2 farm...

As far as I could see, Nothing happens with
ssSetVisualSeason winter
ssSetVisualSeason summer
ssSetVisualSeason autumn
ssSetVisualSeason spring

ssAddSnow drops snow everywhere, including roads and sheds... So the map needs to have the Snow Mask added...
I tried to see if I could do it myself, but the foliage painting is putting too much load for my computer... GE goes lagging and crashes...
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

In my experience RSV hates GE. At least on my PC. I thought for a while it was just map size but I've opened other 4x maps that I had no trouble with. Maybe it's item count but on my rig adding a snow mask to this map would probably drive me to various illegal activities lol.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.