rattlesnake valley

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Old Dairy Farmer

Re: rattlesnake valley

Post by Old Dairy Farmer »

Yea i did in fact check the log and found 2 errors, those were related to a tree mod and a tractor mod respectively, those have been resolved as i deleted them, they did not however resolve the issue.

I am convinced that because RSV is not Seasons ready that i have some mod installed that you probably do not that RSV with Seasons active or not simply does not like while BM and NWTexas x4 just ignore lol, i will find it in time.

I am going to say that whatever mod or setting it is is triggering the issue on one map and not on others, it may even be my Graphics card simply choking on RSV now lol even though i checked that as much as i can without simply replacing it.

The map is reacting this way regardless if the Seasons mod is live or not, so it is most very likely a mod i didn't play it with before or a setting or the 4 yr old nvidia card itself, the card is driver current but is the weak link in my Aurora 4 now, it is a 560GTI with only 1.25 gigs of ram.

Curiosity compelled me to look for a map stated to require a high spec system and download, i did so and the card burned through it with flying colors on max setting with very little lag, the system itself is way over spec for FS17 except for the mentioned nvidia card, the system ram is 16gigs.

I have actually tried to convince my better half i need a PC renewal, i got that look lol, she is hardware excellent and cannot be fooled in that respect.

She worked for Dell in Austin building servers for some 13 years and actually personally assembled one of the servers that were shipped to Blizzard which WOW was then played on.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

For your field state problem that's very weird... I kinda suspect some mods conflict somewhere...
I can't tell much more, I haven't studied the game debugging that much,...

About your GPU. you mean you have a Nvidia GTX560? I'm absolutely sure it's not the source of your problem neither the settings, I have the exact same GPU in my PC and it's working very fine, but I had to adjust some graphic settings to fix something I can't remember what...
Just in case, here are the settings I use:
Hw Profile: High(custom)
Screen resolution: 1440x900(old LCD-DEL screens)
V-Sync: On
Brightness: 1.0
Field Of View: 90
Head/EyeTracking: Off
Ingame Hud Scale: 100%

Advanced settings:
MultiSample Antialiasing: 2x
Shadow Quality: High
Light Quality: Very High
Object Draw Distance: 130%
Max. Mirrors: 4
Texture Filtering: Aniso 2x
Shadow Map Filtering: High
Terrain Quality: High
Foliage Draw Distance: 160%
Mesh Tessellation Volume: 175%
Realistic Beaon Lights: On
Texture Resolution: High
Max Shadow Lights: 4
Shader Quality: Very High
Foliage Density: 100%
LOD Distance: 130%
Max Tire Tracks: 200%.

Anw... I gotta go now, I've got some stuff to do...
Old Dairy Farmer

Yea lol a GTX 560ti, mine is actually playing on very high, i have had a vertical sync issue for forever now that i have never been able to eliminate completely, it is very slight and i have just gotten used to it, it also did the vertsync twitch on 3 other MMO's so it isn't some FS17 thing.

Our conversation has me looking in to some things mods wise to work on it.
Old Dairy Farmer

Pretty sure i have cornered the issue man, when i placed a manure shop from the modhub on the map the field i was next to instantly glitched out hard, apparently RSV is a bit touchy about that mod, further investigation will tell.

It is the "manure store placeable" mod from the hub, i ran across a post that someone said it was making their game funky so i dropped one into a fresh RSV map and bang, glitch city. :wink3:
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

One thing I can tell you for sure is that "seasons mod ready" won't fix your issues. All that means is the map has a layer painted on it so it won't snow there. Ie you would paint that layer in barns so that snow doesn't show up inside the barn or storage sheds. That's all that seasons compatible means.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Old Dairy Farmer wrote:Pretty sure i have cornered the issue man, when i placed a manure shop from the modhub on the map the field i was next to instantly glitched out hard, apparently RSV is a bit touchy about that mod, further investigation will tell.

It is the "manure store placeable" mod from the hub, i ran across a post that someone said it was making their game funky so i dropped one into a fresh RSV map and bang, glitch city. :wink3:
I'm glad that you found the exact source of your problem!
It's just sad that this means we can't put the "Manure Shop placeable" on RSV and that we have to depend on our dear cows and pigs for our manure...
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

hi there

map info time

list for seasons ready rsv ( there's a problem with the fields ie. lines in growth. map is not being upload till seasons mod has fix)

over 300 trees changed
ice lakes added
snow man added x4 (shows only in winter)
ssnow mask added to roads and sheds

list added to updated map

1 MilkFillTrigger
2 MilkSellTrigger
3 FermentingSilo
4 slow_saw (sawmill)
5 GTXM_MS (cow food)
6 GTXM_PF (pig food)
7 compostMaster2k17
8 seed bag maker
9 Sojamilk
10 oat rye spelt triticale millet added to map (oat rye spelt triticale millet .small silos on map only )

i worked for 14hrs on this bit
the two big errors on all 4x maps i may of fixed but i will not no till gaint runs tests on map.

o by the way there a manure sell point on the map
Guil

Post by Guil »

Great list of changes. Hopefully you have found a fix for the 2 errors on 4x maps. Massive well done if you have.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

ThaFarmer wrote:
somethingonmyshoe2 wrote:hi there

map info time

list for seasons ready rsv ( there's a problem with the fields ie. lines in growth. map is not being upload till seasons mod has fix)

over 300 trees changed
ice lakes added

1 MilkFillTrigger
2 MilkSellTrigger
3 FermentingSilo
4 slow_saw (sawmill)
5 GTXM_MS (cow food)
6 GTXM_PF (pig food)
7 compostMaster2k17
8 seed bag maker
9 Sojamilk
10 oat rye spelt triticale millet added to map (oat rye spelt triticale millet .small silos on map only )

the two big errors on all 4x maps i may of fixed but i will not no till gaint runs tests on map.

Hey Which version of AdditionnalMapTypes have you used? the latest being 1.0.0.9, there's a change in the config files

Amazing changes! I'm so happy about having those GTXM mixers and the CompostMaster(you added Compost as FillType into the map?)!
If you could add also the ProNatureAG sewage treatment plant(transforming Liq. Manuer into Fertilizer, Liq.Fert and compost), It's an easy task(compared to additionnal fruits), working really well and a really good way to transform the Cow&pig Liquid Manure, which worth almost nothing at any sell point...

Ok so If I understand well, you couldn't set the Main farm silo to accept Oat/Rye/Spelt/Triticale? It could be annoying in my case, as far as I remember I couldn't get the small silos to unload(tipper empty ok but can't load from small silos) with any vanilla fruits, maybe a conflict with an other mod I use, but it's a long time ago...

I'm sure I've seen somewhere in a youtube video that there's a way to have the MainSilo to accept other fruits... In fact, it's in the ShyWizard's aditionnal_MapTypes tutorial. I'm pretty sure that it works, but I still haven't tested, last harvest I sold directly.

I have an Oat field almost ready to harvest on my backup game of RSV(I'm pretty sure I have made the modification needed), give me a couple of hours to make some tests and I'll get back about this.
Last edited by ThaFarmer on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

map info time

over 300 trees changed
ice lakes added

1 MilkFillTrigger
2 MilkSellTrigger
3 FermentingSilo
4 slow_saw (sawmill)
5 GTXM_MS (cow food)
6 GTXM_PF (pig food)
7 compostMaster2k17
8 seed bag maker
9 Sojamilk

Oh I went digging in the I3D(in GE) file, I wonder if you noticed/edited this:
- Main Farm Silo and Unloading station: locations/farmyard
> UnloadingStationFarm/gameplay/IN/triggerpos:
* xmlfile: change for maps/map01.xml
> FarmSiloSystem/siloTrigger01/siloTrigger02:
* edit fillTypes for: wheat rape barley maize sunflower soybean millet oat rye spelt triticale

- Train Station Silos: locations/railsellingpoints
> grainElevatortrain01/gameplay/OUT/storage and grainElevatortrain02/gameplay/OUT/storage

- Small silos on the map: farmfilos/FarmSiloSystem01(02 03 and 04 too):
* edit fillTypes for: wheat rape barley maize sunflower soybean millet oat rye spelt triticale

- Transport Hub:
> locations/trhub/grainelevator02/OUT/storage

I think that's pretty much what I have found in my digging.
Last edited by ThaFarmer on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
somethingonmyshoe2

hi there
sorry I forgot to add to list

ProNatureAG sewage treatment plant added to map

Compost as FillType (yes)
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

sorry I forgot to add to list

ProNatureAG sewage treatment plant added to map

Compost as FillType (yes)
I just edited my previous post(accidently duplicated the other one)...
Have you made those changes already?

I'm really happy you did these additions too!

If you need a tester&debugger/digger(got quite good at this I think), to help you with anything with the map, I'll be happy to help, I've got a quite big farm and I think it could be a good test run(lots of cows/pigs/sheeps, many fields and a lot of equiments to run).

In fact, I have 2 copies of my RSV V2 savegame, 1 with Seasons and 1 without seasons(initially a pre-seasons backup, but now I use it also to make quick tests with crops)
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Ok... no I'm confused...
This morning, I did a test run(going from one silo to an other) with my Oath harvest... Nothing was working... So, I did the edits I posted...
Result, triggers works, able to unload and load Oat from silos, train stations and the Transport Hub...
BUT: massive load of errors about fill types in Log file...

So I restored pre-edit files.
I re-edited I3D file, but doing only the Main Farm Silo edit(XML file and FillType addition).
Re-tested the run with Oat, every unload and load triggers works... :confusednew:
I haven't tested the Small Silos, because I think I could unload but won't re-load(Tried everything, Some kind of bug on my game?)
-> About these silos, I just want to verify I do it right, to load crops from those I have to activate the system wit "o" key, and while being at the control panel I should have the option to load("r" key) my crops?
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

map info time

over 300 trees changed
ice lakes added

1 MilkFillTrigger
2 MilkSellTrigger
3 FermentingSilo
4 slow_saw (sawmill)
5 GTXM_MS (cow food)
6 GTXM_PF (pig food)
7 compostMaster2k17
8 seed bag maker
9 Sojamilk

Hey I just realized, why have you masked the roads? I was planning having fun plowing the road! have you at least left the mud trails unmasked? I hope that I'll have to plow my forestry trail, the one near the sawmill... :shock:

Hey btw I think Realismus have managed to fix the growth lines glitch can you confirm(working to get my backup savegame ready to activate seasons, still some stuff to handle)?
somethingonmyshoe2

yes new ver's of seasons has fixed lines on 4x map (dev ver of seasons)