rattlesnake valley

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Preble 818

Re: rattlesnake valley

Post by Preble 818 »

To the above. It would take you less time in GE to remove collisions and delete buildings than it would to type that out. No criticism intended it's just that easy to do. Holler if you need assistance with that but that's the route I would take if I were you. Just don't share your edited version anywhere out of respect for the author
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

^^ I agree with the above. It is actually extremely easy to delete things from Giants editor and much of what you are saying I made in my own personal edit.
patio917

Post by patio917 »

I'm trying to add sheds with animation triggers. I cannot open the doors. It sounds like the map may not be set up for animated doors. Ideas? Thanks.
Frithgar

Post by Frithgar »

Just a heads up to anyone that watches this thread, my new timelapse series on my YouTube channel starts on Wednesday, it's going to be on this map. Hope you all enjoy it!
For Farming Simulator 17 Timelapse and gameplay videos try https://www.youtube.com/user/Frithgar
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

Frithgar

I can't wait for your new series! I play fs17 a lot and love watching your videos as I am playing. Thanks for all the hard work you put into your series. Your GCV and Sosnovka ones were great. I am sure this one will be also!

Thanks
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

Nobody had the guts or though it would be honest to speak about the weaknesses and problems of the V2 version?

Then, I will...

This map is really well done but there's some very annoying things...

1. Making pigfood from the mixer is requiring too much work and thus very time consuming as the wholegrain mill produces only 500l per bags and it's way too long...
The fact that it takes only some crops is annoying too(would be nice to have input/outputs infos on it somewhere or somehow), for example Soybeans(which I havent found how to put it in), which has a very high value at the sell points... Adding to this the water requirement, WTF...
Why did they change it? In the V1 at least it was following the crops categories(grains and proteins) for the pigs...
Now it's all messed up and we have to give them not only this new pig food, but also corn and proteins(I guess, as I couldn't put anything but wheat/barley in the WholeGrainMixer)!

2. Having no natural/free water triggers in streams or lakes(I've looked all around the map, found no access to lakes and streams) kills the interest in making pigfood, and other stuff... Adding water in lakes is really impossible?
Paying for water kills a lot of interest for productions with the installations on this map...

3. I haven't found any reasons for the SlowSoja mill, no production "input/output infos/recipes" available...

4. What is the point of the mixers at the main farm by the way if we have to pay for water?
- Are they for the case players needs manure or digestate but have no animals?
- What is the point of making Digestate and silage at the main farm when it's way easier and faster to bale&wrap it(even withouth the Kuhn DLS bale-wrapper, using 1 tractor and a pickup to wrap) it's faster due to all the transports bringing the grass/hay/chaff there requires...

I have to say that I'm working in carreer mode with CoursePlay as I haven't found any attracting or interesting MP server for this map...

5. The trains are kinda useless for grain transport as far as I know, there's no sell point on it like in GoldCrestValley...
- The trains shouldn't be all on the same tracks, it makes it way too long and annoying, making it useless for grain transport unless we could command the train in some way to go at a specific drop point by itself...
- Why didn't they make 2 or 3 separated tracks like in GCV?
- 2 reasons why I ask it: It would have avoided the need to allow the trains to pass through each other and the travel time would be a lot shorter!

BUG: Oh and I forgot to mention that the tracks crossing points have wrong collisions, at many occasions I got stuck on it for no reasons, had plenty of space under and around the trailer or tool/attachment(anyone experienced it too?)...

I found the addition of "Chopped Straw" for fertilizing purpose kinda useless, as most good sowing machines(amazon 15000) have fertilizer included unless you set the level to 3, which isn't for anybody....

For most of those points, V1 of the map was better and less confusing...

I tried to stay constructive as much as I could, but more I play on the V2, the more I see frustrating points...

Personnal note: If there's no updates soon fixing at least some of the points I mentionned, I might soon decide to return on V1, I'm glad I kept a backup!
The only thing that will miss me is the new TMR(cow food) mixer...
dgk816

Post by dgk816 »

There is a sell point for the train...it's the RailRoad Mill. I use the train quite often but only for a short trip. I drop off crop at the grain elevator at the NW corner of Field 16 whenever the RR Mill is paying well. Then I backup the train to the RR Mill. I've never had a reason to take the train around the map after the first time I did it.

There are at least three places to drop off grain for the train. At 16, 24( I think) and the Central Transport Hub (also near 24). I believe they all are shared silos meaning you can pickup from any one of them even if you drop off at a different one.

Unfortunately, the railroad silo storage amount does not show up anywhere, you have to remember what you put in them. Same for the 2 Farmtech silos.

The only machine I've used on the map is the seed maker.
Cassin

Post by Cassin »

For Slow Soja Mill, there is a screen / info trigger on the side of the building :
Input :
- soja (50.000L)
- water (90.000L)
- fuel (20.000L)
- opening hours 00:00-12:00

Output :
- slurry (50.000L)
- milk (50.000L)
- pig food (20.000L)
- opening hours : 07:00-19:00

For Chopped Straw, it's useful in the way that you don't have to pay for this layer of fertilizer, to use with the proseed mod where you can turn off the sower fertilizing option.

For free water I have found a small water pump I place beside a water tower, gives you free water, but I agree that all the water towers on the map should have free water.
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

Cassin wrote:For Slow Soja Mill, there is a screen / info trigger on the side of the building :
Input :
- soja (50.000L)
- water (90.000L)
- fuel (20.000L)
- opening hours 00:00-12:00

Output :
- slurry (50.000L)
- milk (50.000L)
- pig food (20.000L)
- opening hours : 07:00-19:00

For Chopped Straw, it's useful in the way that you don't have to pay for this layer of fertilizer, to use with the proseed mod where you can turn off the sower fertilizing option.

For free water I have found a small water pump I place beside a water tower, gives you free water, but I agree that all the water towers on the map should have free water.
For the SlowSoja Mill yes I've seen that, but what is the input recipe for each outputs that's what I meant and having no alternative for Soja(they should allow Canola and SunFlowers) you realize that Soja worth most of the time between2500$-2900$/1000l??? it's a huge income loss...

For your water pump, is it one from the modhub? if it's one, which?
Cassin

Post by Cassin »

No, it's not on ModHub, I found it on a lambda mods site, but I don't remember which one.
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote:at this the moment in time I am not making maps till a outback is uploaded to mod hud
Man I'm playing at medium difficulty here... Water cost kills and fuel most of the profits I make, I am barely able to keep up for my cows, pigs and sheeps...

Right now what I do when I am falling out of money I'm cheating by changing the difficulty level in the XML file, in last resort but I don't like to do it...

It really need at least 1 place where we could get free water on this map...

How may I upgrade my machinery or buy new ones if I don't get decent income from profits?

After many hours of travelling, I found a spot where there is an access to a small stream. Its on the small road est of field 7.

Could you put some work on RSV, fixing some collision bugs on the tracks, and adding a trigger on some water streams?

It would be very much appreciated...
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

CanProFarm, if you can't afford the machinery at that difficulty, bump down to Easy. When you choose the harder difficulties, it takes more time and dedication to be able to purchase machinery you can afford.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Cassin

Post by Cassin »

How can you be in difficulties with fields THAT size ? Every crop sale should bring you a darn lot of cash. Or perhaps are you going too fast and have too much machinery / animals that you should have ?
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I agree @Cassin, with fields that massive, you should be raking in a great income of cash from crops.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Do you have a loan? That will ruin your income every midnight along with high maintenance costs if your not making money everyday.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.