John Deere mods for ps4

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
eric21

Re: John Deere mods for ps4

Post by eric21 »

Ah but the body work is slightly different
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Alpinobt wrote:Playing XBOX wonder: you can not use the brand LIZARD to implement vehicles not covered by the license?
Removing coats of arms and some small change color?
I do not know if it is legal but the Mustang in the game is marked lizard
if u r making reference to branding a JD as lizard u cannot.. while it may work for lots of brands it will not work with them because they have actually patented the shape of their tractors and such.. very few brands go to the lengths JD has but a few have
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Alpinobt

Post by Alpinobt »

I think of farming do not see the difference if you are also working on the tractor body
E 'idea .....
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

mdoss wrote:I wonder if this would apply in getting JD to console? Found this on JD's website..

Hey thanks for posting this, might clear up some of the confusion. Shouldn't be any doubt of this topic after reading this. That is quite the stringent list of requirements! Although it was already safe to say so before, it's doubly apparent now it "ain't gonna happen".
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Preble 818 wrote:That is quite the stringent list of requirements!
I know right? Must guarantee $25,000 per year in royalties?? How long, Forever??

Monthly report and payment....

And that $6,000,000-$10,000,000 insurance policy??!! Maybe that's just for actual riding toys or vehicles??

But yeah, sad to say - sounds like more hassle than it's worth.
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

mdoss wrote:But yeah, sad to say - sounds like more hassle than it's worth.
no doubt about that.
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

Here are a few more articles I found online as they pertain to John Deere licensing and software:

https://www.deere.com/privacy_and_data/ ... c_eula.pdf

https://www.deere.com/privacy_and_data/ ... e-EULA.pdf

Admittedly I did not read every line of that but it does seem wordy and lengthy, as most legalese does to me. :)

Incidentally, I am currently reading a book on the history of the John Deere company, seems as though a lot of their brand policy is rooted in tradition from the very beginning.
heyimbill.com
JDfarmer3

Post by JDfarmer3 »

Hey everyone, I'd love to see John Deere come to Farm Sim too especially PS4 so I looked hard and emailed the correct people and it took about a week but here was there reply!.....
Hi Luke,

Thank you for your interest in John Deere products and sending us your comment about a simulator game. Our creative John Deere team is currently working on it. Hopefully you will see it out soon!

We will pass along your feedback to them.

Thanks again,

John Deere Brand Licensing
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

It sure would be awesome to see a John Deere DLC, but I'm gonna remain skeptical.

I wonder what he meant by this...?
JDfarmer3 wrote:Our creative John Deere team is currently working on it.
Does that mean they are working on allowing other simulators to have the JD brand? Or are they working on a new version of their own Farm Sim game??
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I think it means they are talking to their blood *censored* lawyers and bean counters to see how lucrative they can make it for themselves...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I think it was a sideways answer that in truth meant their producing another John deere game. My opinion hearing that he said "hopefully you will see it out soon"
JDfarmer3

Post by JDfarmer3 »

Not sure, I mentioned Farming Simulators success on YouTube and the Kuhn dlc in my original email. I'm hoping there will be a full John Deere dlc. I did the best I could...
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

JDfarmer3 wrote:Our creative John Deere team is currently working on it. Hopefully you will see it out soon!
I'm sure I'm reading way too much into this, but the above wording does make it sound as though they are developing their own game. If it was FS DLC they'd likely wait for an official Giants announcement and not leak anything. That seems like proper protocol.
heyimbill.com
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

They aren't going to mention any game specifically. That is just standard practice for any business...unless an official deal is in place and announced publicly.

Whether that implies FS or someone else, who knows. We know about as much now as we did before.

Deere's licensing isn't a whole lot more stringent that other companies. Moreso I than their competitors? probably...but the bigger a company is, the more protective they are.
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

PrincessJessi84 wrote:
Alpinobt wrote:Playing XBOX wonder: you can not use the brand LIZARD to implement vehicles not covered by the license?
Removing coats of arms and some small change color?
I do not know if it is legal but the Mustang in the game is marked lizard
if u r making reference to branding a JD as lizard u cannot.. while it may work for lots of brands it will not work with them because they have actually patented the shape of their tractors and such.. very few brands go to the lengths JD has but a few have

I said it before, make them pink with white polka dots and brand them all as "Dear John"......problem solved.
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi: