[FS17] Dutch Polder map feedback

Rennuh

[FS17] Dutch Polder map feedback

Post by Rennuh »

Hey guys!
My mod map Dutch Polder was added to the modhub recently (HERE)
There is still a lot of improvements to be made so I am continuing to work on it, but I could of course use some help with that!

So if you are enjoying my map and come across a bug or have a suggestion for improvement please let me know in this topic! :biggrin2:

Known Issues

- Message 'You don't own this field' shows up inside own fields near the edges (not sure if this can be fixed)

Planned improvements
- More detailing
- New texture for farm house
- New sheds on main farm
- Improved PDA map
- Overall look
- and much more..

Description

Welcome to the Dutch Polders in the province of Zeeland!

This map is based on an existing area in the Netherlands, where my father has a farm. The map includes the following:

- All farming functions from standard map (animals, sawmill, missions, etc.)
- Several farms to store vehicles
- Three areas for each of the animals
- 45 realistically sized fields with the possibility to create several huge fields
- Two sellpoints for your crops
- Mostly flat land with some dikes like in real life
- Standard workshop on own farm
- ChoppedStraw ready

I hope you will enjoy this map!
Thanks to Giants and the original creators of some of the models I used.

Download here

Changelog v1.2.0.1
- Removed grass patch in gravel on main farm
- Fixed sheep triggermarkers floating
- Woodchip prices show in menu
- Fixed animal dirt areas
- Fields outside map boundaries no longer show on growth map in menu
- Fixed straw and liquidmanure planes for the cows
Last edited by Rennuh on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steff86

Re: [FS17] Dutch Polder map feedback

Post by Steff86 »

Coming on the console too or only pc?
Rennuh

Post by Rennuh »

I want to have it come out on console but as far as I know that is up to Giants, this is in the modhub guidelines:
4 Non-Beta Section
Teams/Modder are accepted in coordination with GIANTS Software and extensive testing, after publishing a
minimum of three error free BETA mods in high quality into the Non-BETA section of the ModHub.
5 Console Mods
Teams/Modder can bring Non-BETA mods to console after approval of GIANTS Software.
I'll do my best to try to get it on console but if that requires me to create at least three BETA mods that may take a while.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Rennuh wrote:I want to have it come out on console but as far as I know that is up to Giants, this is in the modhub guidelines:
4 Non-Beta Section
Teams/Modder are accepted in coordination with GIANTS Software and extensive testing, after publishing a
minimum of three error free BETA mods in high quality into the Non-BETA section of the ModHub.
5 Console Mods
Teams/Modder can bring Non-BETA mods to console after approval of GIANTS Software.
I'll do my best to try to get it on console but if that requires me to create at least three BETA mods that may take a while.
Zou wel mooi zijn op Playstation 4 in ons koude kikkerlandje te kunnen boeren* :)

*translation:
would be nice to farm on PS4 in our small little country.
PS4 player
Steff86

Post by Steff86 »

Hup Holland hup very nice I hope so on the ps4
JD8235

Post by JD8235 »

Wat een mooie map. Je bent er echt in geslaagd om een stukje Zeeland in FS17 te toveren. Iets waar ik al zo lang naar uitkijk. Hartelijk dank daarvoor!
Zou je kunnen zeggen welke omgeving dat is?

And now in English...
I see it as a very fair reproduction of the area. It might be perceived as a cool and sterile environment but that is exactly how it feels in real life. I also think the map borders are so lifelike as you don't see the transition. The way the roads are layout and the map boundary is reflected with the road blocks is so lifelike.
If I may put few suggestions (and it is meant in a positive way ...)
-though the Netherlands have usually an almost flawless state of their asphalt roads the road texture may look little more flawed or used maybe?
-the main separate storage yard is nicely set up, however the high storage tanks are maybe not the nicest and stand out too much in the landscape? Are there less taller versions available?
-as there is usually a lot of sugarbeet done in the area, is there maybe a possibility to add few spots to temporarily store them prior to pick up? A small slap of used concrete on the corner of a field would do nicely where you can organise the overloading.
Thank you once more for this nice piece of Zeeland and your effort put into it!
Keep up the good work.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I would love to see this map on console...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Rennuh

Post by Rennuh »

Bedankt voor de feedback iedereen, altijd goed om te horen dat mensen enthousiast zijn!

The area on which the map is based is here: https://www.google.nl/maps/@51.3184297, ... a=!3m1!1e3.
If I may put few suggestions (and it is meant in a positive way ...)
-though the Netherlands have usually an almost flawless state of their asphalt roads the road texture may look little more flawed or used maybe?
-the main separate storage yard is nicely set up, however the high storage tanks are maybe not the nicest and stand out too much in the landscape? Are there less taller versions available?
-as there is usually a lot of sugarbeet done in the area, is there maybe a possibility to add few spots to temporarily store them prior to pick up? A small slap of used concrete on the corner of a field would do nicely where you can organise the overloading.
- Yes the roads are a point of improvement, they were in fact the first objects I added to the map. I can't make any promises but I do want to change the look of them so hopefully I find a good way to do this.
- I agree on the storage tanks standing out too much it's also something you wouldn't really see in the area. I will see if I can replace it with something more appropriate.
- Good idea, it does however require a bit of work as the field definitions would need to change. So probably not in the near future but I'll keep it in mind. For now you could place them on a corner of the field or a patch of grass nearby, at least that's how it's done in real life.

I'm working on some of the bugs now so hopefully I can update soon and I will ask for ways to expedite the process of bringing it to console. :biggrin2:
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

My grandpa was from there... brings me back to my youth. Nice map *thumbsup*
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Rennuh

Post by Rennuh »

The map has been updated to fix a number of issues, changelog can be found in the first post and on the modhub page. Hope people are still enjoying it :biggrin2:
Last edited by Rennuh on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

not yet....

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
jo_vink

Post by jo_vink »

I have a problem that the helper is not driving along the edges but straight through the field it was on field 2
Rennuh

Post by Rennuh »

If I understand you correctly this is because the helper can only drive in angles of 45 or 90 degrees to the map borders. The fields however are not straight like these borders so that's why it can't follow the edges. There is not much I can do about this and you'll have this problem with any field in any modmap that is not rectangular or angled at 45 degrees.
The solution to make use of the helper is to do a number of headlands yourself to make room for the helper to turn within the field. Or use courseplay so you don't have to do the headlands yourself.
Good luck! *thumbsup*
novass

Post by novass »

I would love to see it come to console..cause I want to play on it..it look fun.thank you either way for creating this map.
Rennuh

Post by Rennuh »

Thanks, I would love to bring it to console as well and will try to make it so that becomes possible. I am (slowly) working on an update that might allow me to do it, but I want to do a slightly larger change to the map so it will unfortunately take some more time. I will let you all know when it is ready, or you'll see it on the modhub :biggrin2: