Light colors on the map

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Ndorset

Light colors on the map

Post by Ndorset »

Hello again,

I have successfully been modding the Lawfolds map for my own personal preferences. I am pretty happy with it and I was getting ready to play it, but I had a thought just before I finished.

I have moved some barns around and added a few extra lights too, how can I change the color of these? I have selected the light and then gone to the light tab and there is a RGB system. I thought RGB was a maximum of 255,255,255 however the largest number I can enter is 5. What color system is this and how can I get 8000K light colour?

Any help is much appreciated
I've got a friend who's a farmer, usually looks on in disgust when he sees how much fun I'm having doing his job virtually!
thunderhawk

Re: Light colors on the map

Post by thunderhawk »

0.5, 1, 2 will give you about 6000K iv found that playing with them which is about the color of mercury vapor, metel Halide bulbs that normally used for some street light or home security lights
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
Ndorset

Post by Ndorset »

Thanks thunderhawk, I will give that a go and see how they look
I've got a friend who's a farmer, usually looks on in disgust when he sees how much fun I'm having doing his job virtually!
Ndorset

Post by Ndorset »

Thunderhawk you can actually enter the RGB colours in the editor. next to 'colour B' is the old '...' I thought my attributes window was wide enough but this was hidden. Once selected you can enter colour as expected and change lightness, intensity etc....
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

Ndorset wrote:Thunderhawk you can actually enter the RGB colours in the editor. next to 'colour B' is the old '...' I thought my attributes window was wide enough but this was hidden. Once selected you can enter colour as expected and change lightness, intensity etc....
No kidding thats where i was talking about where did you think
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Ndorset

Post by Ndorset »

I thought you were experimenting with just the 0 - 5 options. My mistake
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

Ndorset wrote:I thought you were experimenting with just the 0 - 5 options. My mistake
no thats what the 3 numbers was sorry I could have been I little clearer I thought you knew my bad
Nvidia GTX 660ti