UK farms- court farms and sandy bay

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
kevthedev

UK farms- court farms and sandy bay

Post by kevthedev »

These maps have been with giants for ages now. In the case with court farms your talking nearly 2 months.

Surely people are going to stop sending mods to giants if this continues. It will be the console players that lose out.

Have giants bitten off more than they can chew here?
eric21

Re: UK farms- court farms and sandy bay

Post by eric21 »

With the new patch it could of changed things, mind you they are nearly ready
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I would guess they've been busy, what with getting the dlc released, and the patch, and the patch to fix the patch! Hopefully things will have calmed down for them somewhat and they can get back to mod testing.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Shaunus82

Post by Shaunus82 »

It seems to me like they are prioritising other mods and maps, over the UK maps. Every day I have been checking the modhub in the hope that Sandy Bay, or Court Farm will be released, but nothing, and now it is coming up to the weekend so there will be no more mods until Monday. I'm absolutely sick of this, and I'm sure that many, many other people are, including the mod authors themselves. We have to wait long enough for the maps to be released, and then to add another month or two on top of this for testing by Giants is too much. things have to change.
Last edited by Shaunus82 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Well its not end of the day, some mods to get uploaded on the weekend however
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Actually court farms has been resubmitted last week, it had a few things yo fix with, so hopefully within 1 or 2 weeks
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

lot of maps hit the modhub today....all BETA..

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

eric21 wrote:Well its not end of the day, some mods to get uploaded on the weekend however
4:44 pm in Germany...almost...lol

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Shaunus82 wrote:It seems to me like they are prioritising other mods and maps, over the UK maps. Every day I have been checking the modhub in the hope that Sandy Bay, or Court Farm will be released, but nothing, and now it is coming up to the weekend so there will be no more mods until Monday. I'm absolutely sick of this, and I'm sure that many, many other people are, including the mod authors themselves. We have to wait long enough for the maps to be released, and then to add another month or two on top of this for testing by Giants is too much. things have to change.
I really don't know what you are talking about, almost all the maps that have made it to console are UK maps......just sayin
PS4
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

mod console maps thus far... UK x 2, Scotland x 1, Germany x 2..not really anywhere but someone's mind x 1

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

cr41g_1965 wrote:mod console maps thus far... UK x 2, Scotland x 1, Germany x 2..not really anywhere but someone's mind x 1
Yeah I was kinda counting Lawfolds as the UK too and I wasn't sure where Old Streams was but still its not like they have been avoiding the UK maps, that's for sure
PS4
Stoatie

Post by Stoatie »

Maybe it's the fact that the British maps are destined for console that the testing process is stricter and takes longer than for any old beta map?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Stoatie wrote:Maybe it's the fact that the British maps are destined for console that the testing process is stricter and takes longer than for any old beta map?
No giants is good corperation with fs uk
Shaunus82

Post by Shaunus82 »

canadafarms wrote:
Shaunus82 wrote:It seems to me like they are prioritising other mods and maps, over the UK maps. Every day I have been checking the modhub in the hope that Sandy Bay, or Court Farm will be released, but nothing, and now it is coming up to the weekend so there will be no more mods until Monday. I'm absolutely sick of this, and I'm sure that many, many other people are, including the mod authors themselves. We have to wait long enough for the maps to be released, and then to add another month or two on top of this for testing by Giants is too much. things have to change.
I really don't know what you are talking about, almost all the maps that have made it to console are UK maps......just sayin
Three maps were released today, and all three were European style maps. Out of the 18 maps available on the modhub, no fewer than 13 are European style maps, and there are only three UK style maps, so don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Do you really think it is acceptable to have to wait for up to 2 months for Giants to test and release a map.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

I didn't say YOU don't know what you are talking about, I said I don't know WHAT you are talking about. I assumed you were on console and as I pointed out half the maps available to us are UK based(if you include the Lawfolds map as UK based, which to me it is). You don't know when these other maps that were just released were submitted.....maybe they were in line ahead of the two maps you are talking about, maybe those two maps had more errors and had to be sent back to the MA for fixes. Look how many times Rattle Snake Valley was rejected before it finally made it.....4 or 5 times I think. I really think its these issues and not some big conspiracy against UK maps is all I am saying. None of us know what the testing process is so its all just speculation.
PS4