PC mods on Console

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
JohnDeere318

Re: PC mods on Console

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Guil wrote: Let's not forget your previous posts saying 4real would never be on consoles.
With all do respect, but how was he or any of us supposed to know if they were going to be on consoles? :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Guil

Post by Guil »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
Guil wrote: Let's not forget your previous posts saying 4real would never be on consoles.
With all do respect, but how was he or any of us supposed to know if they were going to be on consoles? :)
That's exactly my point. He had no clue whatsoever but was stating it as fact. He does it a lot.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Guil wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:
That's exactly my point. He had no clue whatsoever but was stating it as fact. He does it a lot.
He was stating it as a fact? Oh... :confusednew: I guess he should prove it is fact before he states it as a fact. *shrugs*

How to post your log.txt
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

PrincessJessi84 wrote:ok so to answer this in as much depth as possible in a helpful fashion.. to begin with as a general rule of thumb giants doesn't make mods.. there have been a few exceptions to this but most all examples of this exception have been implements that were in the base game in previous editions of fs that giants "ported" over and r loosely called mods.. other reasons y what u r asking is either hard or simply may not happen include but r not limited to performance limitations of consoles as they pertain to the current farming simulator game engine, scripting restrictions imposed by sony and Microsoft as they do not allow scripts that r not included in the base game to be uploaded.. examples of these types of user made scripts would be things like follow me/gps/courseplay/special map or machine functions/etc, giants has a pretty rigid standard and testing process to insure standard is adhered to (no one knows for sure what exactly this entails as giants stay pretty tight lipped about their testing process), mods take a huge amount of time.. the more "great" the mods r the harder and more time consuming they r to create.. one of our modders who stays in regular communications with us about the progress of his work kinda kept tabs and let us know.. he literally has thousands of hours invested into one project, and simply put some mod authors don't want their mods uploaded to console or in some cases giants modhub in general for various reasons.. to sum it up it really isn't as simple as porting mods to consoles.. I came into this expecting similar to what xbox had in terms of availability with FO4 but it seems giants learned from many of the mistakes Beth made in their venture into console supported modding.. in the end consoles users have 2 choices.. either be patient and hope for the best as maybe with time will come a larger selection of more complex mods for console users or save your money like I did last month and get u a nice lil gaming pc.. I hope this helps break some of the confusion down so its better understood and helpful.. happy farming
I was going to buy a "nice lil gaming PC", but failed to justify spending $700 for a $40 game that I'd spend more time modding than actually playing. Been there done that....
the big print giveth the small print taketh
robert101

Post by robert101 »

Well, we've been at these questions for awhile now. I guess a question i may have, is maybe why all of the onus is being put on the "modders', and not Giants? I think maps seem to be the biggest point of contention, in that , most all (in fact, all) the maps coming out are European maps.

They tend to be small, congested, driving on opposite sides of the road than we do etc. Beautiful looking maps, but not maybe what those of us here in the states, and other countries may recognize as, farming.

We may recognize something totally different, with huge fields, wide open spaces etc.

I'm one that believes in patience. We do see many maps coming out often. But we're getting into March, and maybe folks are getting a bit impatient. I heard Chesapeake is coming out, and looks great. But that would only be one, of the many.

So, maybe it should be GIANTS that comes out with the maps we may want (many, not all), and stop busting the Modders chops (many from Europe) in things they want to make. In fact, by now i thought i would have seen a map dlc, but it was a Kuhn dlc.

I guess another sincere question may be, to change the name of the game to "European Farming Simulator". They have European Trucking Simulator. Euro Fishing etc. At least folks would know going in, that this is a European farming game, with mostly all European equipment, maps etc .

It would solve a lot of confusion.

Given that, it's still early, and i'm hopeful, but maybe having GIANTS make the mods and maps, and requesting from them, rather than the modders may be the course to look at.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

TheFailBros wrote:Hi all, Since the console version of FS17 has mods, why are the mods not that great, no offence to any mod maker. I was wondering if it is possible for someone to port some PC mods such as snow, more vehicles, or logging maps to the console ecosystem. How hard is it to do that? Or is it even possible? I guess I just want a wider array of mods other than mods made by GIANT software. Thanks
I like MANY others are VERY grateful and appreciate ALL the mods that come to the consoles. You may not think they are great, but can assure you that they are to different people who use them.

The more people whine about mods, the less chance people will mod for the consoles.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I agree with @robert101 on the name. When I bought the game, I thought it was American, nope, a whole bunch of European equipment I didn't even know of (FS2013 is when I first started the FS trilogy). It should be called "Euro Farming Simulator" or something along that line.

How to post your log.txt
robert101

Post by robert101 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:I agree with @robert101 on the name. When I bought the game, I thought it was American, nope, a whole bunch of European equipment I didn't even know of (FS2013 is when I first started the FS trilogy). It should be called "Euro Farming Simulator" or something along that line.
Right, it would definitely stop the confusion, and it would also not have us expect things that may not be coming. It is a European developer after all, and maybe American farming is not what they want their thing to be.

I guess a question would be, is what the breakdown is of those of us who are from the states who purchase the game, as compared to say those in Europe. At that point, as far as the direction i'd want to take the game, if sales is what it's about, i would look at where their sales are, and cater to that community.

Same with consoles and pc. Who plays more of which. These are questions i just don't know the answer too, but it would help us have a better understanding.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Anyone that buys a game such as this without first looking for a review etc or looking into what the game is about is foolish imo.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Guil wrote:Anyone that buys a game such as this without first looking for a review etc or looking into what the game is about is foolish imo.
Agreed, research is key.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

The majoirty of farming equipment is European and many more unheard of brands. But theres no point of doing anything American wise where you cant get American brands
robert101

Post by robert101 »

eric21 wrote:The majoirty of farming equipment is European and many more unheard of brands. But theres no point of doing anything American wise where you cant get American brands
Well that's true, but i think at least for me i'm talking more about maps. Now, if the rationale is that modders don't want to make the American Maps, then my point is we should be looking to Giants to make the maps.

But if what Guil is saying is true (and i agree it is), that we should wait for reviews before buying the game, then nobody would seemingly pre order the game, and certainly not buy a seasons pass without knowing what Giants will deliver, nonetheless modders.

So we are going in blind, not just with this game, but many, and i'll agree that's not at all the way to go.

But for those who do pre order, and buy the seasons pass w/o knowing what Giants will provide, and see it's not an American game (or very little), are probably going to complain, and quite frankly, not buy the game a second time.

So i feel the name Euro Farming Simulator would eliminate confusion from the get go. If i just hear that, then i know off the bat i'm not going to recognize much in the game, and not even bother reviewing it.
Guil

Post by Guil »

There was plenty of information about what was going to be in the game long before release including videos etc.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

robert101 wrote: Well that's true, but i think at least for me i'm talking more about maps. Now, if the rationale is that modders don't want to make the American Maps, then my point is we should be looking to Giants to make the maps.

But if what Guil is saying is true (and i agree it is), that we should wait for reviews before buying the game, then nobody would seemingly pre order the game, and certainly not buy a seasons pass without knowing what Giants will deliver, nonetheless modders.

So we are going in blind, not just with this game, but many, and i'll agree that's not at all the way to go.

But for those who do pre order, and buy the seasons pass w/o knowing what Giants will provide, and see it's not an American game (or very little), are probably going to complain, and quite frankly, not buy the game a second time.

So i feel the name Euro Farming Simulator would eliminate confusion from the get go. If i just hear that, then i know off the bat i'm not going to recognize much in the game, and not even bother reviewing it.
The sense of entitlement in this thread is laughable... anyone should do some reasearch before they buy a game... it's common sense... although my grandfather always used to say common sense really isn't all that common.

You are aware that this is a European game so I'm not really sure why you wouldn't be aware that most of the European modders make European themed maps... I don't think the onus is on Giants to make Murican style maps...it's the onus of Murican players that want Murican maps to learn to mod to make Murican maps..

As for changing the name to European Farming Simulator... that too is laughable.. farming is farming even if the brands that Murica holds near and "deere" to their hearts isn't represented... just my two cents.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
robert101

Post by robert101 »

Guil wrote:There was plenty of information about what was going to be in the game long before release including videos etc.
Well they're still hush hush about it now lol. Lets say i'm coming here, and never bought the game. And i'm asking you this question...Guil, what American Maps are coming forward in the future? I'm thinking about buying this game, and the seasons pass, and it's A LOT of money, but i don't see all but one American Map. What's coming?

How do we answer that?

If the answer is, "um, we don't know at this point in March", than i would agree, people would have to be nuts to buy a seasons pass or pre order this game. Now for me, i pre ordered, but thankfully i didn't buy the seasons pass, and i would recommend, at least at this point, for those of us who do want American Maps, and/or equipment, do not buy this game, at least at this point.