PC mods on Console

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
cr41g_1965

Re: PC mods on Console

Post by cr41g_1965 »

robert101 wrote:If the answer is, "um, we don't know at this point in March", than i would agree, people would have to be nuts to buy a seasons pass or pre order this game.
Guess I'm nuts then... but then I prefer the English maps and the difficulty they present.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
robert101

Post by robert101 »

cr41g_1965 wrote:
robert101 wrote: Well that's true, but i think at least for me i'm talking more about maps. Now, if the rationale is that modders don't want to make the American Maps, then my point is we should be looking to Giants to make the maps.

But if what Guil is saying is true (and i agree it is), that we should wait for reviews before buying the game, then nobody would seemingly pre order the game, and certainly not buy a seasons pass without knowing what Giants will deliver, nonetheless modders.

So we are going in blind, not just with this game, but many, and i'll agree that's not at all the way to go.

But for those who do pre order, and buy the seasons pass w/o knowing what Giants will provide, and see it's not an American game (or very little), are probably going to complain, and quite frankly, not buy the game a second time.

So i feel the name Euro Farming Simulator would eliminate confusion from the get go. If i just hear that, then i know off the bat i'm not going to recognize much in the game, and not even bother reviewing it.
The sense of entitlement in this thread is laughable... anyone should do some reasearch before they buy a game... it's common sense... although my grandfather always used to say common sense really isn't all that common.

You are aware that this is a European game so I'm not really sure why you wouldn't be aware that most of the European modders make European themed maps... I don't think the onus is on Giants to make Murican style maps...it's the onus of Murican players that want Murican maps to learn to mod to make Murican maps..

As for changing the name to European Farming Simulator... that too is laughable.. farming is farming even if the brands that Murica holds near and "deere" to their hearts isn't represented... just my two cents.
Well either you're very young, or i'm too old (the latter is probably true, in that i'm probably old enough to be your grandfather), but there is no such thing as a "sense of entitlement" when it comes to getting value for your money. That's just youth talking, or just pure nonsense.

If the game is a European game, it should be Euro Farming Simulator. Seems simple enough to me. There's no video people are gonna spend two hours to show them everything in this game, and things still being kept under wraps . That's just silly.

I'm not one to dictate what a company does, but this is what we're going to have here, if people feel they're not getting what they think they should.

Are the sales from this game coming from Ottawa or London? I very much doubt it.

So, folks who spend money on this game have a say, and going to my other sincere question (being idk the answer, but maybe you can 'review" it), is just where the sales are coming from?

And i don't like the "Murica' s*** and the way you say it. Have respect. Nothing like Yukon Cornelius himself bad mouthing Americans.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Actually I'm 52...so very doubtful your old enough to be my grandfather. I'm not sure there are any sort of figures for sales by region but I would bet that it is safe to say that the majority of sales are probably European... which is why they have such a healthy modding community.

Most people searching for value for money...do research.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
robert101

Post by robert101 »

cr41g_1965 wrote:Actually I'm 52...so very doubtful your old enough to be my grandfather. I'm not sure there are any sort of figures for sales by region but I would bet that it is safe to say that the majority of sales are probably European... which is why they have such a healthy modding community.

Most people searching for value for money...do research.
Well, if you're 52 spending every waking moment here, looking for trouble on gaming forums, respectfully, you're an *$#%§*. I pop in here for info a few times a week, and it's you and your mouth all the time. Shut it.

Now i don't care what you think, i want value for MY money, and if what you're saying is true, than what you're saying is that people should NOT preo order games, or buy seasons passes w/o knowing what's going to be in there. If that's the case, fine. If you're saying it's a European Game, then the Developers should have the fortitude to say that as well.

Robert please don't resort to name calling, it's against the rules whether you censor it yourself or not. Thanks, Guil.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Cheasepeake farms is coming and rattlesnake is 50/50 so theres two coming soon. As American fields come in different forms including the ones in Canada.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

robert101 wrote: Well, if you're 52 spending every waking moment here, looking for trouble on gaming forums, respectfully, you're an *$#%§*. I pop in here for info a few times a week, and it's you and your mouth all the time. Shut it.
Thank you for your well thought out and carefully presented constructive criticism.. perhaps you should review the forum rules. I am on here when I can be...sometimes not for days at a time.. also thank you for your concern over how I spend my day.

You have a nice day now...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
robert101

Post by robert101 »

cr41g_1965 wrote:
robert101 wrote: Well, if you're 52 spending every waking moment here, looking for trouble on gaming forums, respectfully, you're an *$#%§*. I pop in here for info a few times a week, and it's you and your mouth all the time. Shut it.
Thank you for your well thought out and carefully presented constructive criticism.. perhaps you should review the forum rules. I am on here when I can be...sometimes not for days at a time.. also thank you for your concern over how I spend my day.

You have a nice day now...
Yeah, blow it out your a**. I'd hope we better start seeing this game representing who's buying it just a tad bit more than what they are. That's all i'm saying.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Lads discussion is welcome but let's not resort to childish behaviour.
Guil

Post by Guil »

robert101 wrote:
Yeah, blow it out your a**. I'd hope we better start seeing this game representing who's buying it just a tad bit more than what they are. That's all i'm saying.
Robert I will give you the benefit of doubt that you may not have seen my edit on your post but enough is enough. One more comment like that and warnings will be issued.
robert101

Post by robert101 »

Guil wrote:
robert101 wrote:
Robert I will give you the benefit of doubt that you may not have seen my edit on your post but enough is enough. One more comment like that and warnings will be issued.
Well thank you for the warning, but quite frankly, posting here is not my priority. Seeing results from the Developers are. Modders aren't the issue. Giants may be the issue. And i'd give a warning to that fella starting trouble here at every waking moment, because i'm not tolerating it, and nobody else should.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

robert101 wrote: And i'd give a warning to that fella starting trouble here at every waking moment, because i'm not tolerating it, and nobody else should.
he did...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
robert101

Post by robert101 »

cr41g_1965 wrote:
robert101 wrote: And i'd give a warning to that fella starting trouble here at every waking moment, because i'm not tolerating it, and nobody else should.
he did...
And i am. So, this a very nice forum, with level headed folks here, but the fact of it is, we're having to beat around the bush a bit too much, instead of saying things that should be said. You're in Canada. Nobody cares about Canada. You're GDP is not a blip on a screen.

We spend a lot of money here in the States, and as long as we're spending money on this game, at the rate we are, our 'sense of entitlement" is gonna be in your face for the most part (until you spend money like we do). So, i'll leave it at that. Lets get some American Maps and lets stop the nonsense.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

lol

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

WOW. Smh give it time and the American maps and all the deeres will come. Personally I don't mind where the map is if it's a good map. Also giants editor is free. I mod maps to my liking all the time and I'm modding illiterate. Give it a try ay.
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

I don't see the Dear Johns coming anytime soon to consoles, if it weren't for the fact I have to work a normal job to pay the bills in addition to farming I'd probably learn to do the modding. Heck, I might even break down and do it eventually since I've been pleading with the modding community to explore the history of the brands we do have licensed instead of 4 different variations of the same thing.
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi: