Sandy Bay is out

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Antman4ever

Re: Sandy Bay is out

Post by Antman4ever »

As of right now im using Sandy bay as a animal farm. I never done animals until this map so learning the animals is exciting and I feel this map has potential for me. Has anyone found gold nuggets? I can't seem to find them. Gold nuggets would help me boost my farm cause im doing it legit. I only have sheep as they are the easiest. I will move to cows next I believe.
Xbox 1 Player :biggrin2:
PureMassacre187

Post by PureMassacre187 »

Drop off bedding via anything with a unload symbol on the right side.
:arrow:Andy Ps4 Fs17 :this:
tom42728

Post by tom42728 »

map looks great layout and all

had an issue come up though at the sandy bay sell point upper right corner of the map took a load of canola in in green showed harvest income but didn't get any income from it .. haven't checked yet to see if will award income at the midnight hour yet i was on another map where that was the case will see in a few
Platform: PC
Specs: ASUS ROG Strix x570 MB, Ryzen 9 x5950 CPU, 128gig DDR4 Ram and GTX 1660 SC Ultra Graphics Card
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Fight-Test wrote:
Preble 818 wrote:
edforce1 wrote:Playing on ps4 but get error code sometimes when I save and quit however I've noticed the ground response mod doesn't always work any ideas please
Try getting rid of that mod and see if it works. The 4real mods aren't great on console anyway.
The crop destruction works great, can't believe we didn't have this all along. It's like your cheating when not using it. The ground response is the one causing issues.
It seems any of the 4Real modules cause issues. I deleted the crop destruction mod and haven't had a problem since.
Beasto420

Post by Beasto420 »

Is there an official page for sandy bay feedback/ bugs? If not i was just wondering if anyone has noticed any big bugs , I don't want to get to far to have to restart lol , already at 15 hours on.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Mobias wrote:
Fight-Test wrote:
Preble 818 wrote: Try getting rid of that mod and see if it works. The 4real mods aren't great on console anyway.
The crop destruction works great, can't believe we didn't have this all along. It's like your cheating when not using it. The ground response is the one causing issues.
It seems any of the 4Real modules cause issues. I deleted the crop destruction mod and haven't had a problem since.
Actually it is GROUND RESPONSE that is the problem.. I run Tire Dirt and Crop Destruction and have had no issues at all.. I'm not sure where the thread is but the general consensus was Ground Response was causing problems.

and the 4real mods ARE great on console !!

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Beasto420

Post by Beasto420 »

cr41g_1965 wrote:
Mobias wrote:
Fight-Test wrote:
Actually it is GROUND RESPONSE that is the problem.. I run Tire Dirt and Crop Destruction and have had no issues at all.. I'm not sure where the thread is but the general consensus was Ground Response was causing problems.

Yeah I agree , I had a lot of issues with ground response installed , but after uninstalling and leaving the other two , no issue with crashing anymore , I'm loving sandy bay I just hope there isn't an update which makes you start a new save.
Fight-Test

Post by Fight-Test »

correct that it is just the ground response. Someone here also posted they deleted everything and downloaded game again and mods and they all worked. Im not deleting my save games so I didn't try it.
erict43

Post by erict43 »

Beasto420 wrote:Only thing I noticed is the mf7719 you start with my mirrors are glitchy on the side , 2 are black and one works , might be only PS4 other then that brilliant
The game engine has a limit on how many reflective surfaces it will render on the screen at once (I think it's 4 but I could be wrong). Once the limit is reached, mirrors will go black. If you change your view so that only one mirror is viewable you will probably not have any problem. Some maps have reflective surfaces on water, and that will use up available reflective surfaces, which is why you may notice the issue more on certain maps.

This happens on PC too, btw.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Gotta say I'm loving this map, lots of shortcuts and the fields are set perfect for workers. I even mowed and windowed the large grass field ( top left ) field 4? With a worker and they did a cracking job. Each to there own but this is perfect for the way I kite to play,
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

cr41g_1965 wrote:
Mobias wrote:
Fight-Test wrote:

Like I said, my experience was that deleting crop destruction stopped the error crash. Maybe the game code just doesn't like all three mods working at once but is happy with any two. Either way hopefully Giants will patch it up soon. The black tyre dirt actually bugs more than anything else.
Fight-Test

Post by Fight-Test »

the devs said right after they put out the 4real mods that the ground response had some kind of issue. I think the patch is gonna fix it. I agree that tire dirt one was pretty useless as is.
Beasto420

Post by Beasto420 »

erict43 wrote:
Beasto420 wrote:Only thing I noticed is the mf7719 you start with my mirrors are glitchy on the side , 2 are black and one works , might be only PS4 other then that brilliant
The game engine has a limit on how many reflective surfaces it will render on the screen at once (I think it's 4 but I could be wrong). Once the limit is reached, mirrors will go black. If you change your view so that only one mirror is viewable you will probably not have any problem. Some maps have reflective surfaces on water, and that will use up available reflective surfaces, which is why you may notice the issue more on certain maps.

This happens on PC too, btw.
Right on buddy thanks for the answer! And yeah what you say makes since to me. Thanks a lot man! Happy farming!
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

I can see why people like this map so much, but it's just not for me. I don't like the invisible barriers that hit when driving on the beach or the collisions on bushes that you can't chop down. But the worst thing that put me off the map is when you drive to top of the fields on the top end of the map the rest of the scenery is below where it should be and gives the field the look of it floating in the air.
Beasto420

Post by Beasto420 »

Yeah it's not for everyone but it is by far my favourite map, as for the top fields it's not floating , the fields are on a cliff edge which I find really cool and a good view