Crop duster mod

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
schmidty

Crop duster mod

Post by schmidty »

I am always impressed with what the modders come up with and the ideas and creativity that make the FS series more and more enjoyable everyday. I appreciate all the work and dedication that you put into your craft. Since I am a console player I am quiet sure it will be difficult to do for this platform. But PC's .... Crop dusting airplanes and helicopters for applying fertilizer. Small grass airstrips and hangers , Semi trailers to land the helicopters on to refuel and refill with fert. Now those would be some entertaining videos to watch from the tubers !!! It maybe wont happen in FS 17 but maybe 19. Thanks again modders !!
garyst

Re: Crop duster mod

Post by garyst »

It would be awesome to be able to do cropdusting. *thumbsup*
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

I love flying and flight sims, so this would be awesome!!

But are there any farmers who actually do their own crop dusting? Or do they hire this job out to agricultural aviation companies?

But yeah, if this came to FS, I'd be thrilled!
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Band in England haven't seen one of those since the 70's any other countries still using them?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

USA, Canada, Australia, Russia, a number of eastern bloc countries use them, Central and South American countries. Ive seen one aswell
schmidty

Post by schmidty »

Every summer in the upper midwest, fertilizer, herbicide, pesticide and also used for seeding cover crops in standing cash crops.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Just want to add that they still use them here in the southern usa as well. We average between 60 to 70 inches of rainfall a year in my area and they are very useful to get chemicals in the fields when it is too wet for tractors or sprayers. Think it would be neat if you could hire a cropduster in the game, pick which field you want it to spray and watch it come spray the field. Maybe an idea for fs 19.
PikachuKid222

Post by PikachuKid222 »

You know, I haven't tried this yet but I think crop dusting is already here :biggrin2:
http://www.farming2015mods.com/farming- ... op-duster/
zippyo

Post by zippyo »

Still haven't given up on this idea
with the bigger maps it wold be great

have a lookie fellows.........
just hoping for some scripting gurus will beat giants to it

zippyo

Post by zippyo »

Well....the new simpleIC script is a fresh breath of air...LOVE IT
some animations are implemented...castoring tailwheel, doors, hopper lid....
kudos and cheers to all modders

zip
zippyo

Post by zippyo »

that levitator script needs an FS19 update cuz this pup needs to fly and fertilize and seed and spray.
Chainsaw_Sally

Post by Chainsaw_Sally »

Well I searched for a duster mod and came here. Are these static models zippyo? What are the issues with developing a flyable plane for FS19? I would love a duster with a working GPS light bar (which could also be used on farm vehicles).

Done zero development in FS, however real world pilot/aerospace engineer who has done mods for flight simulators, I have some LUA and C++ backround. Can anyone give a basic concept of what would be involved in getting a plane flying around FS19? Preferably pilotable and automated. I have the time to look into it. I also get bored spraying my fields 3 times a day with a tractor :0)
zippyo

Post by zippyo »

greetings chainsaw_sally...
I ended up here the same way. FS17 had a Kamov Ka-26working as a sprayer and fertilizer spreader based on a levitator script. along the idea of the noHUD flying around in game but with some simulated inertial translation. no aerodynamics here...I grew up working on and flying with these 1000 HP monsters so I just want them in the game for function and nostalgia :-) but i know a lot of people would catch on quick and it would still be a legitimate way to care for your fields and crops (perhaps a little bigger than the standard maps).
So the models are NOT static, driveable and fillable I plan on making them fully functional on ground until an airborne script comes along, there is a lot of moving animated parts.
also been building aircraft for fsx and prior titles so i would love to swap moving parts based on condition eg prop still prop slow prop spin. So as the only other person showing interest in this matter I welcome you to the topic of Aerial crop services in FS19. I'm gonna dig up the Kamov and the script if you are interested in having a look. can't see it be all that bad but as a one man band all other aspects of the mod production are taxing my brain plenty for now

cheers

zip

edit: here it is
Attachments
Levitator_Ka26Sprayer.lua
(19.11 KiB) Downloaded 726 times
Chainsaw_Sally

Post by Chainsaw_Sally »

Thanks for the welcome zip and for getting back to me. Will take a good look at the script. I need to get up to speed with modding in FS19 but have researched already and have plenty of source material to start. I'm interested in doing an Air Tractor and Pawnee. I guess the ideal situation is a functioning script as a sort of 'fake' flight model, ideally where we can enter in the performance data for different aircraft and get different models with different characteristics flying reasonably realistically. I think I caught on YouTube that someone has the FS17 Kamov Ka-26 working in an FS19 map, I'll see if I can chase that up and get in touch with them.
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

wait is there flight in fs19 now?
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton