Crop duster mod

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
simbman

Re: Crop duster mod

Post by simbman »

hi, what's the latest on this. Any new file to test. :)
I have seen you lost your PC. What happened
zippyo

Post by zippyo »

While I'm in limbo it is still being worked on. I had some time to sort out some of the annoyances while I come to grips with full integration into FS19. the fillunit indexing is sorted so the mod shows them in the store and the HUD and uses them properly, the weight is added and removed as used so there will be say a different power requirement for empty vs loaded. I added it into crop protection category so it's easier to find. Also implemented swapping rotor mesh on the fly depending on spin state, so there will be blurred rotors and props as well.
As you can see I'm in it for the long haul, helicopters was just a side project for me the aircraft is the finish line. I would like to see it function for solid fertilizer spreading and seeding. The filling bin and some models I made used with some other mods allows for actual physical actions to drive up to and dynamically fill the A/C hopper from the loader as in real life. I enjoy interactivity so there is always updates to clickable parts for tinkering.
Then a pump to fill liquid products with flexible hoses attachable to the aircraft......etc etc until a sweet blend of farmflying sim is born.

I have to re write all the full 3 axis translation from scratch so no fresh update for a while BUT

this gives me an opportunity to whip up something for fixed wing so I can hopefully get it off the ground before the new year and hopefully give you guys an update.

let me know your thoughts opinions this would be the time to really take this concept to fruition.

zip
DzInLa

Post by DzInLa »

Check this out... Actual copter in use spreading fertilizer.

https://youtu.be/bGVdyMXfwTM
zippyo

Post by zippyo »

and when i'm done with the kamov maybe you will see vids like that made in FS19 :) really need a flyby cam or the sort.
some equipment might still have to be made you know the concept when and where others contribute too (vertex pushers wanted)
simbman

Post by simbman »

I see so it's a side project but to tell the truth I'm more interested in the Kamov. Due to map sizes the heli might fit better FS, also the field sizes are more to a heli than to an airplane. Also I'm sure it's in connection with my childhood as well as I have seen a lot of Kamov but not really an AN-2 in agronomy - maybe only for the mosquitos

I will use the latest one still we got our Christmas present :) what I really miss now are the axis to work properly, as it goes with controller forward/backward fine, and rotate around it's vertical axis, but missing the left and right which makes my landings hard :)

thanks for your work on this
zippyo

Post by zippyo »

Well then I feel like you missed out on a huge part with the An-2 or the M-18 Dromader. The kamov even though very agile, was very under powered and only a small timer with 600 compared to the 1500 - 2200 kilos of product in the aircraft.

As for now all following updates will be posted on YouTube so if you guys want to follow along you're more than welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwciNR ... CKkgWsglog

cheers

zip
zippyo

Post by zippyo »

Happy New Year to all

zip
zippyo

Post by zippyo »

Thought it would b a good idea to re visit this airport issue. I found all the airports a bit constricting...and this is where I'm at

looks like enough space for sum out of the box shenanigans
zippyo

Post by zippyo »

Long silence around here ....
Life has dealt out sum crappy cards lately so only been touching up the kamov but she's been getting lots of updates and upgrades as we struggle together in the engine. got the rotors swapping from bending down to up (no bones yet but thinking about it) and finally the rotor dust is working as well. With FS22 in sight it would be nice to get all this sorted out.
Takes nothing but time...

zip
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

zippyo wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:10 pm Long silence around here ....
Life has dealt out sum crappy cards lately so only been touching up the kamov but she's been getting lots of updates and upgrades as we struggle together in the engine. got the rotors swapping from bending down to up (no bones yet but thinking about it) and finally the rotor dust is working as well. With FS22 in sight it would be nice to get all this sorted out.
Takes nothing but time...

zip
sry about what ever happened....
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
zippyo

Post by zippyo »

Thank You General!

wanted to point out this little gem.....maybe next?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZjJYPPFoRo
cheers
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

👍
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
zippyo

Post by zippyo »

been a few years ..... progress slow but hey......sum said it was not possible

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwciNR ... CKkgWsglog
zippyo

Post by zippyo »

converting to FS22