Broxton Ver 4 - Mud Activation & train fix

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
masseyharris

Re: Broxton Ver 4

Post by masseyharris »

Broxton version 4 is now up in Modhub with numerous improvements and changes. See Original Post for details :)
Klawdeus

Post by Klawdeus »

Hi,
I'm not quite at ease with mods ; I initiated a game on a Broxton map dated from november 2017; I just downloaded what seems to be a new version "4"; I'd like to know if I can replace the old one by the new one without loosing all my work...
Can you give me advice?
Thanks in advance
Klawdeus
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

Klawdeus wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:44 pm Hi,
I'm not quite at ease with mods ; I initiated a game on a Broxton map dated from november 2017; I just downloaded what seems to be a new version "4"; I'd like to know if I can replace the old one by the new one without loosing all my work...
Can you give me advice?
Thanks in advance
Klawdeus
No Klawdeus, I would not advise it. I made many changes in version 4 and I think any old saved game would crash, sorry.
masseyharris

Re: Broxton Ver 4 train fix & Mud update

Post by masseyharris »

Folks,
1) I've fixed an error on my auto train so that it will now take additional crops as well as just basic wheat, barley etc.
Currently it works fine for wheat, barley, soybean, rape, maize, sunflower. But other crops, if loaded onto the train, are not sold correctly at the trains destination.

It's a simple fix and requires one small file to be replaced.
It might be a while before I upload a full update to the map, so if you want to update this yourself, just download this xml and insert it in Broxton/maps folder, replacing the original. (Obviously you need some basic knowledge of zip files to be able to do this).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g4o448j8y ... _train.xml

2) Activating the mud:
I have put together a small mod that activates the mud which is built into the map, this mod can be downloaded here (see link below).

With this mod, some areas of mud in the map will become active. They are, I hope you will agree, NOT overdone, but they add some extra atmosphere and variation to the ground, and depending on the tractor/implement combination, it is possible to get stuck in certain places.

Version 4 of Broxton already contains the necessary code for the mud to work, so you just need to put this zip in your mod folder and activate it.
I used a combination of an old FS15 mud mod, and my own trial and error, plus my own & Giants mud textures. But I take NO credit for the scripts used. They were originally written by Igor29381 with some clever editing by Decker_MMIV.

If you want to activate the mud patches on the map, then simply download this zip, put it in your mods folder, and activate it in game.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5j77bh9mh ... irt_v1.zip

I advise NOT using this at the same time as Giants own ground response modification, as they are both trying to do similar things and may conflict. (But there is no danger in changing your mind and activating/deactivating either of these mods each time you play, so you can swap between them if you want).

It is however fine and recommended to use Giants DIRT mod in conjunction with this.