Broxton Ver 4 - Mud Activation & train fix

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Hairy Bob

Re: Broxton 1.08

Post by Hairy Bob »

masseyharris wrote:(LOL would it count to submit three versions? one 'vanilla' version for low-end pcs and possible future console approval, one with chopped straw compatibility, and one with other extras & more detail for high end pcs - chopped straw, additional crops, seasons, more hedges, trees, vegetation). Just a thought ;)
I'm sure it's come up on here before that you can only submit one version of a mod to Giants. That's why somethingonmyshoe2 had to come up with his workaround for rattlesnake valley, of making a pack of scripted mods for PC, to be downloaded separately, to allow the base map to be tested for consoles.
Like Guil said, maybe make a few simple mods like bale forks, ploughs etc.
I agree that it seems a nonsensical rule, but sometimes it's easiest to jump through a few hoops to get where you want to be, rather than persuading someone else to change their obstacle course!
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

Have you changed it so that no bales can be used to bed up the cows and feed grass as trying to use straw to bed up doesn't work. Lovely map but for this issue.
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

Oops sorry, I could have sworn it worked when I first tested the cows a while ago but it is easy to break some of these things while adding something else :)
Thanks for reporting this, I will investigate and fix it for the next update.
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

Additions and fixes so far for next update (also updated in first posts) (8 Mar 17):

Fixed German translation in ModDesc (thanks Giants)
Fixed eggs not appearing correctly
Fixed animal bale triggers not accepting bales for bedding
Fixed/improved road markings
Improvements to off-road tracks & verges
Amended/improved cow mesh, added second cow area and cattle crossing
Added removable hedges between many fields - just use chainsaw to cut into hedge, remove & sell the wood, then remove final piece with stumpcutter.
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

WIP: added biogas features to the power plane - so now the plant accepts just about any natural gas/burnable resource - wood, woodchip manure, slurry, dry windrows.

(Original post updated with changes/fixes so far)
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

Have we got sugarbeet storage on the map if so where too please.
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

The self drive railway station silo in the South will store every type of crop, but otherwise, I have kept storage of sugarbeet and potatoes the same as the default maps, so it has to be stored in sheds at the farms. Would you like to see it stored in one of the farm silos in a future version?
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

Hi Ya,

I don't think so no, But I would like to see the old FS15 style of storing and loading of the Spuds and Suger beet. Always thought it was a good system. Also I don't think the straw trigger for putting bales in for the pigs is also working. But other than the trees between fields upsetting AI which I am slowly removing Oh and field 46 along the bottom edge running along the lane is 3 trees but they are sat right on the headland of the field.

Other than that and maybe a bigger stoned up area by the silage clamp to place a mixing station I am loving the map. Oh and Is there a water trigger down by the pigs??
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

Do you mean the old conveyor and heap system? yes I really liked that but so far have not been able to get it working in FS17.
So I placed the red brick building at the central farm with two holes in the wall specifically for conveyors so at least you can add your own there.
But I will definitely take another look and see if I can get the FS15 conveyor system working as I really wanted it in there.

The animal bale trigger and the hedgeline trees have been improved for the next version (although some of the trees are placed intentionally to force the farmer to do some clearance work), & water has been added at the pig farm.

Thanks for your comments, it's good to hear when others are farming the map :)
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

Yes your map has been getting a lot of use and Lawfolds hasn't had a look in,

Have you looked in the Mod Hub this morning, A prayer has been answered. LOL.

Brilliant and Thank you.
gentfarmer

Post by gentfarmer »

I have a few hours on this map, the area is not that far from here I live ;-)
3 items I would mention.

1) There are no zone markings for the sell/return area at the shop.
2) I planted and harvested soya but couldn't store it at the central farm silos, a warning that they will only accept a specific crop would be useful.
3) On some of the missions the vehicle spawn point makes it difficult to attach headers/equipment, often it is only possible by backing through the hedges.
Overall I'm enjoying the map and making good progress thanks to missions and look forward to v2 fixes/additions.
Thanks for the map.
PC user
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

It does normally come up the warning about not accepting crops, It could be slightly clearer sign posted I must admit which point accepts what crops. Not really needed as the sell point is pretty much in the corner by the sell icon.
But what also I would like is the customise points on the 3 farms as that would then mean I don't have to have the placeable workshop.

But there is nothing to really dislike about this map.
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

gentfarmer wrote:I have a few hours on this map, the area is not that far from here I live ;-)
3 items I would mention.

1) There are no zone markings for the sell/return area at the shop.
2) I planted and harvested soya but couldn't store it at the central farm silos, a warning that they will only accept a specific crop would be useful.
3) On some of the missions the vehicle spawn point makes it difficult to attach headers/equipment, often it is only possible by backing through the hedges.
Overall I'm enjoying the map and making good progress thanks to missions and look forward to v2 fixes/additions.
Thanks for the map.
Hi gentfarmer,
I wish I'd seen this earlier, I have now uploaded the update and it's in the system for review by Giants. But to answer your points,
1) yes, I cold have put markers at the shop, but the sell/upgrade point is actually in that corner right next to the icon
2) at each farm there is a sign (at the output pipe point round the other side from the unload pit) showing which crops are stored at that farm. I purposely made the farms more independent in this way, so it's important to check what crops are stored where before you choose your main farm base. Soybean can be stored at Farm 3 (Cow farm) and farm 5 (Clutton farm), plus the large silo at the self drive train station at Hampton, which stores all crop types.
3) sorry about the spawn points - I agree they are not all ideal - I moved & tested them A LOT, and unfortunately there is a limit on how far the equipment can spawn from the icon. The only sure way would be to move the icon further into the field (which meant destroying the crops for anyone using the crop destruction mod), or make a much bigger headland but that was getting ridiculously big, so I tried to position them as best I could without trampling the crop or spawning in a tree.

I'm glad you like the map, I don't know if you will be able to continue with the same savegame on v2, but I hope you'll take a look at it, thanks for the feedback.
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

Zetor9145 wrote:It does normally come up the warning about not accepting crops, It could be slightly clearer sign posted I must admit which point accepts what crops. Not really needed as the sell point is pretty much in the corner by the sell icon.
But what also I would like is the customise points on the 3 farms as that would then mean I don't have to have the placeable workshop.

But there is nothing to really dislike about this map.
Thanks Zetor9145 :) You're right, I think it could be a but clearer about the crop types. I don't think the symbol pictures are quite as clear as they could be, and v2 has a few more of them added, with the addition of five more crops.

I will probably re-paint them for a future update but that will be a while. In the meantime, another way is to drive under the trailer pipe with an empty trailer and scroll through & see the crop types that are stored in that particular silo.

For the record, if anyone wants a quick reference:

Farm 1 (Lower Farm in centre of Duckington):
wheat, barley,rape, maize (+ oat in v2)

Farm 2 (farm with chickens at crossroads A41/Duckington lane)
barley, maize, sunflower (+ spelt, triticale in v2)

Farm 3 (cow farm in Dark Lane)
wheat, rape, soybean (+rye in v2)

Farm 4 (pig farm)
storage sheds only.

Farm 5 (Clutton farm)
rape, maize, sunflower, soybean (+ millet in v2)
masseyharris

Re: Broxton Ver 2

Post by masseyharris »

Broxton Version 2 is now live on the ModHub, please see the original post of this thread for list of additions/fixes in this version. :)