Ideas for Mods

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Homerthehulk

Re: Ideas for Mods

Post by Homerthehulk »

Again with the pic mods, does BETA mean get a pic as the mods are better, where's the PS4 & Xbox mods again this week!!! Some cool to satisfy would be great, we only seem to get the small stuff on consoles!! Not getting into an argument, just an observation. We keep posting great mod ideas and what we get is a silage blade, which we had already.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Homerthehulk wrote:Again with the pic mods, does BETA mean get a pic as the mods are better, where's the PS4 & Xbox mods again this week!!! Some cool to satisfy would be great, we only seem to get the small stuff on consoles!! Not getting into an argument, just an observation. We keep posting great mod ideas and what we get is a silage blade, which we had already.
The reality is most cool mods won't work on console because of scripts. It's nothing to do with fairness, it's just how it is.

Just on the great mod ideas, why don't you try make those mods?
Homerthehulk

Post by Homerthehulk »

As I said I'm not getting into an argument, I'm just a 40 something PS4 player that enjoys FS17.
But the mods aren't coming through for console as fast as PC. I know nothing about making mods, codes or scripts etc and don't claim to, I do however have the time, respect and admiration for those of you in your teens or older that can make these fantastic mods. If an idea for a mod is posted, does a moder require more information about said mod, if so people coming up with these ideas need to know that! If on the PC you can have for example the class brand of tractor, combine and related equipment why can it not be put on console? If it's a license issue why good for one but not the other? Can't it be called by a different name to by pass the license issue? The point is PC, XBOX, and PS4 should be treated equally the same. There are mods coming through that are similar to mod on consoles already so they must work.
It just seems from a console users point of view all mods are for PC or seem that way because people don't take the time to exsplain if these comments are misconstrued. Sometimes things need to be explained in dumb terms, but that's not to say we no when good mods are being put on PC and technical issues being used to say that's why there not on console!
Guil

Post by Guil »

You still don't understand it though. A lot of the time it's not as simple as just changing the brand. Console mods need to be tested much more than pc as well and a lot of the time need to be higher quality.
Homerthehulk

Post by Homerthehulk »

Any mods on PS4 this week?
Reaper1939

Post by Reaper1939 »

The problem with mods for consoles is that there isn't any virus protection like pc has and consoles don't have the capacity that pc has so no outside scripts keeps out the viruses and the larger maps can't run on them either. So because of this it takes giants a lot longer to test the mods for the consoles so a lot of players don't end up with useless hunks of plastic where they're ps4 or Xbox used to be.
Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^lol, but on a more serious note consoles would be able to handle mods with scripts, it's just Sony said no scripts on the ps4, so giants just made it so Xbox got the same mods as ps4, and since Sony said no sripts, Xbox has the same limitation. But if there was less testing for consoles, they could end up breaking consoles
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Homerthehulk

Post by Homerthehulk »

That makes sense now, definitely don't want a plastic door stop that was my PS4 they cost to much. I'm not up on all this technology jargon but what you say makes it easy to understand for us old farts. Thanks for taking the time to explain and post much appreciated.
Homerthehulk

Post by Homerthehulk »

A good mod would be to let you place cattle or sheep in any grass field, and have beef cattle to, instead of just dairy, and a mobile repair/steam cleaner van would be a good edition. Is the sessions mod going to console that is a really good mod idea.
Homerthehulk

Post by Homerthehulk »

A cattle grid/crossing mod would be good and hedges that you could place instead of wire fences
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

All I want is a light pole/lamp post
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Homerthehulk wrote:Is the sessions mod going to console that is a really good mod idea.
It might come later as a dlc *thumbsup*
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Homerthehulk wrote:A cattle grid/crossing mod would be good and hedges that you could place instead of wire fences
You want hedges everyone else wants rid of hedges.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Roysprinkhaan

Post by Roysprinkhaan »

I'm really glad with the mods on console. FS15 had no mods so it's a very welcome thing. And I understand a lot of unlicensed mods (like JD, Claas etc.) aren't on console. I just really would like to see the biggest New Holland combine in the game with tyres instead of the rupstyres. Just like this: http://static.big-am.com/uploads/allimg ... 2Z30-L.jpg