Ideas for Mods

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
germanmoose

Re: Ideas for Mods

Post by germanmoose »

Mods that are already on pc that I would love to see on console are:

-The saw mill mod where you can turn logs into lumber to haul away and sell.
-To be able to turn the fertilizer application off on the Sowers.
-Log stacking racks

Mode that would be new:

-Do a mod series release that's a steam throw back. You can add tons of steam tractors and equipment because its probably so old I cant imagine there being many licensing issues. Or just make them a little more run of the mill looking without a brand. They would all run on wood chips and water. So all your support equipment is already made. You could even do a mobile saw mill to cut trees into lumber that is powered by the steam engines. Same for trains.
-Dump trucks both pick-up and small semi. Would love to see some vintage Mack stuff. ( I'm new to the forum by the way so I know there's a ton of licensing issues)
-I would really like to see more maps with the trains active and possible more interactive trains. By this I mean you have to buy your engine and cars it pulls as well as supply it with fuel. It would be crazy expensive but a fun goal to work towards.
-I would really love to see a bio diesel plant. I've seen videos for mode on pc. Don't know if it was made by giant or not. Seems simple enough and adds more depth.
-Along the same lines as the bio diesel plant. I've seen gold mining add on and it could be other things not just gold [Silver, copper... Maybe coal for the steam add on ;) ] That would be great to have on console.

Please let me know your thoughts I think the steam, mining, and bio diesel would be awesome.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Leedenton wrote:There are a few things I would love to see particularly for Xbox one. wood chip storage, small trailer below 4000 but linkable( I'm thinking for taking pig food in a little road train) grass storage would be nice,quad bike (why not).
Lastly (which won't happen but I think giant should really do it themselves) the roller for changing ground surface.

Would just settle for wood chip storage really.( made loads to much, the price is terrible now and I literally have heaps of it)
There already is a woodchip storage mod on modhub.
Leedenton

Post by Leedenton »

There is indeed a wood chip storage but not yet for Xbox one.

I think old steam and even vintage diesels would be a rather cool idea.
Would like to see a bio diesel plant, make the farm kind self sufficient.

Is there a lot involved in making a mod console compatible?
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Leedenton wrote:There is indeed a wood chip storage but not yet for Xbox one.

I think old steam and even vintage diesels would be a rather cool idea.
Would like to see a bio diesel plant, make the farm kind self sufficient.

Is there a lot involved in making a mod console compatible?
Absolutely, you have to have a certain amount of Polys, it also has to look great, it has to be tested to make sure its not majorly bugged, theres guidelines you have to follow if you want your mod to make it on console, also it has to be an in-game brand.
Leedenton

Post by Leedenton »

I would be interested to learn more. I did tinker quite along time again with mods for x3:reunion.
It was a genuine question it wasn't meant to come across as rude.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Leedenton wrote:I would be interested to learn more. I did tinker quite along time again with mods for x3:reunion.
It was a genuine question it wasn't meant to come across as rude.
Oh i know, im just telling you what has to be done is all, no harm.
novass

Post by novass »

Classic tractors and implements/hd pickups/trailers .extra tanks for the front of tractors for solid pellet fertilizers. we have extra seed tanks but no extra solid fertilizer tanks....thanks...Chris.
Sam-roberts97

Post by Sam-roberts97 »

Baboom wrote:I would love to see a hedgecutter mod and hedges that actually grow I think it would add a new dimension to farming simulator
Id love to see a hedge cutter mod aswell also a few more hand tools like a strimmer and hedge cutter maybe?
Xdcx soldier

Post by Xdcx soldier »

Would love to use a truck n dog set up on Xbox/PS4
Flatbed and feed back setup
And a bike or RTV
averydan

Post by averydan »

courious to see when Kubotas show up. Plus, an RTV would be cool. I read that maybe TSM will have a flat bed truck and a goose neck trailer for console. Hoping that makes it.
If it ain't red
leave it in the shed
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Well the TSM will proberly be out later this year
CanadianBacon

Post by CanadianBacon »

Well, I think that there should be either a Hayes Trucks mod or a Pacific Trucks mod. Both were Canadian makers of logging trucks.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Know there is no chance in heck it will ever happen, but i think it would be really neat to see some 3pt. Mounted bedding equipment, and bigger 3pt. Mounted planters. Feels so weird planting on flat ground. About 80% of the crops in my area are planted on bedded fields.

High Cotton

Post by High Cotton »

garyst wrote:Know there is no chance in heck it will ever happen, but i think it would be really neat to see some 3pt. Mounted bedding equipment, and bigger 3pt. Mounted planters. Feels so weird planting on flat ground. About 80% of the crops in my area are planted on bedded fields.

They already have the texture for this. If you notice the planted potatoe texture looks like it's been bedded. A lot of the river bottom cotton ground gets bedded in my area.
MercedesLife

Post by MercedesLife »