A little Help with Poplar

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
EvoNeiko

A little Help with Poplar

Post by EvoNeiko »

Hello Everyone I need a little help. i'm editing files. i have a modded combine and i would love to make the Corn head to harvest Poplar but most everytime i tried what i know it don't work.. can anyone help me? i understand its not "Real" but i'm sick of trying to harvest Large Fields with only 2/3m tools... i need something a little bigger. i can prob do fine in making a Combine take woodchips but the head i can't figure it out anyone can help me?
JohnDeere318

Re: A little Help with Poplar

Post by JohnDeere318 »

You should edit the corn head from the forage combine. Go into the *name*.xml file and there you can edit the fruit types it can harvest. In FS17, I have not found that option, in FS15 it was way easier. Maybe you have to edit it in GE? Maybe some modders here can give you some advice on this. :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I use a modded corn forage header on a forage harvester pulling a tipper.. works really well.. ive even got a modded poplar planter that increases the speed just a bit cause the in game model is painfully slow lol
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
EvoNeiko

Post by EvoNeiko »

yea it is slow.. what do i change on a forage header to make it work with poplar?
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Have you looked in the .xml file of the mod? If you are in Notepad or Notepad++, you have to press "CTRL + F" and then you can type in "Poplar." If that doesn't pop up, you may have to go into GIANTS Editor and edit it that way.

How to post your log.txt
EvoNeiko

Post by EvoNeiko »

i got Kemper_cutter2020 i looked around the .XML kinda lost on where it would be.. then i go into Giants Editor and then I"M REALLY lost lol i'm hopeless. i use Notepad ++ i though it might be simple in the editor.. but i don't know what i'm looking for in the Editor. is there a guild somewhere that can inform me where to go or one of you help me with this?.
EvoNeiko

Post by EvoNeiko »

Ok Nvm i Figured it out!! i had to think.. Thanks JD318 :) it got me thinking and i figured it out now.. Topic can Close now :) TY!
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

How did you figure it out? Just curious and it would be most official if told the rest of us, in case some else has this problem. :)

How to post your log.txt