American Outback Map For Consoles!

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Hoss1

Re: American Outback Map For Consoles!

Post by Hoss1 »

I've never used a map other than the standard base maps. I can now say with 100% certainty that I will be using American Outback! It's obvious how much work went into this and I appreciate it. It looks incredible. As an Arizona desert dog myself, this map looks very much like areas of this state and southern California. Can't wait for it to come out.
Playing on Xbox since FS15
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Excellent first look vid Frithgar *thumbsup* really like your enthusiasm and commentary. Excellent looking map shoe2, you can count on a DL from me for sure *thumbsup*
PS4
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I hope he can find away to change the cut grass colour....

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

cr41g_1965 wrote:I hope he can find away to change the cut grass colour....
That doesn't bother me I will just pretend that it's irrigated. I think it would be hard to do if it's baked into the game, also he would then have to change the tedded hay colour and the bales and so on. Do you remember WBH on FS 13? The whole map was brown but the hay magically turned green there too. If it can be done, cool, but if not its not a deal breaker for me anyway. :coolnew:
PS4
Jwolfm3

Post by Jwolfm3 »

This will be the first map I'll actually download! Watching all these over seas maps coming on I didn't even bother taking up the space..
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

canadafarms wrote:
That doesn't bother me I will just pretend that it's irrigated. I think it would be hard to do if it's baked into the game, also he would then have to change the tedded hay colour and the bales and so on. Do you remember WBH on FS 13? The whole map was brown but the hay magically turned green there too. If it can be done, cool, but if not its not a deal breaker for me anyway. :coolnew:
I actually like it the way it is. Like Frithgar said. It makes it easier to see.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Frithgar: excellent video as always!

Again, another phenomenal job by somethingonmyshoe. His work is absolutely incredible.
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

I wouldn't mind if he was able to change the color of the cut grass, but it doesn't bother me being the green that it is. It is still a great looking map.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Yeah, that looks silly.

Somethinginmyshoe sure know how to hype up his maps. Get a popular Youtuber to talk it up in a video and the hype builds itself. Like in this video, the Youtuber says its fantastic that there are open entrances to the animal areas "Because there is an invisible electric fence and its super realistic." No it's not, add in an animated gate, that would be realistic.

I gave Rattlesnake Valley a long hard try, but after 30 hours there are just too many issues. I spent hours editing it to my taste, but there is still too many issues,a lot of which just come down to 4x map issues in general. Also, there is a lot of sloppiness, like on the in game map, half the things are capitalized and half of them are not. That just makes the map seem amateur. Also the water texture he uses is not very good, the highways are way to narrow with no shoulder, there is grass growing through the highway in many areas etc. And don't get me started on the overuse of fences, you rarely see American fields with fences around them.

I think the Modhub user rating is reflective of this map. Regular Joes who don't post one here who have downloaded the map who haven't bought into the hype and it has a 3.8. That is about where it should be rated IMO. There is a lot to like, it's a pretty good map, don't get me wrong, but it just is far from being a great map like the hype on here would have you believe.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Considering someone has spent many many hours making maps for other people for a game that isn't his, I find it pretty insulting that it isn't up to your standards. A gate missing. Really ?
Don't edit someone's map. Make and post your own map and we can always compare them. If yours it better, I'll willingly eat my words.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

hi there
name one map you made from the start rbk_3 (not edits of stuff . standed map? or 4x map?) by the looks of it all you do is waffle on . so please show us all how you make a map . if you do not like my then the easy way is not to play the map in the first place and play your map you made from a blank . lol so who's the amateur . so try making a map as all you do shows edits and go on how bad its .
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

that post just shows how modders and map makers give up (I support who make's mods, maps 110%)
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

The ones that criticize and complain about others work are jealous because they themselves are unable to produce a project worth while so they throw out negative comments to make themselves feel better about their own lack of talent. If you don't like a mod or map don't use or play it, make your own for others to complain about.
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

99% of us love what you do shoes2. You always get one bell end in every hundred. Keep doing what you do.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Frithgar

Post by Frithgar »

If you're going to quote me from my videos Rbk_3 then please don't do it out of context. I was saying it was a good thing, that you'd have an electric fence across that you would be able to drive over to have easy access to an area.

When you release a map (without any fanfare obviously) I look forward to doing a full and detailed review of it.
For Farming Simulator 17 Timelapse and gameplay videos try https://www.youtube.com/user/Frithgar