Excavator mod

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Rosssafc

Excavator mod

Post by Rosssafc »

Can someone please create a excavator mod for Xbox one
Dfarmer36

Re: Excavator mod

Post by Dfarmer36 »

If it had any chance at getting on consoles it would have to be wheeled as tracks are a 3rd party script and not allowed on console. And yes I know the challenger and skid steer is tracked don't know why they don't translate to excavators and bulldozers
Dairy farmer by day Xbox/pc user by night
Jwolfm3

Post by Jwolfm3 »

Most likely no construction mods for console .. search the forum for more in depth answers ... but I will say no due to licensing
Rowanaudi

Post by Rowanaudi »

Its to bad that it cant come to the consoles, i will have payed big money for it. Wheeled excavator is also nice you can get quickly to the other side of the map with out the low bed.
FarmerGamer

Post by FarmerGamer »

It should be possible
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

The scripting that was referred to that is impossible on consoles is the script that separates left and right tracks. So it would steer like a proper tracked vehicle or skid steer would. Right now they have a "gearbox" for steering. Most evident in the skid steers. The scripting gives you independent control over left and right side so you have to press both sides to make it go straight. Consoles lack enough controls to make this possible. But to say that it would have to have wheels because tracks are scripted is incorrect. Lots of in game vanilla equipment has tracks.
Rowanaudi

Post by Rowanaudi »

But isn't possible for a wheeled excavator to come in the game? Also for consoles. If you look at it its almost the same like the crane for the wood same controles.
Null

Post by Null »

Rowanaudi wrote:But isn't possible for a wheeled excavator to come in the game? Also for consoles. If you look at it its almost the same like the crane for the wood same controles.
It would be entirely possible for a tracked excavator to be released on console. The Buffalo is the nearest vehicle to an excavator. Wheeled/tracked and a boom arm.
Rowanaudi

Post by Rowanaudi »

True the buffalo looks like it.
But the wheeled excavator is 4 wheels haha.
Look at the volvo EW140D i would be nice for it and hope is gonna be possible to be in the game
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Rowanaudi wrote:True the buffalo looks like it.
But the wheeled excavator is 4 wheels haha.
Look at the volvo EW140D i would be nice for it and hope is gonna be possible to be in the game
Ot would have to be lizard haha
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Ok let me try again. It's not the the tracks themselves people. It's the controls. On PC there is a key for the left track and a seperate key for the right track. To drive straight you press both. To turn you only press one or the other. Also PC has drive control so you can select forward or reverse. Consoles do not have this. We only have 1 trigger for gas and 1 trigger for brake. That's why none of the tracked equipment handles the way its supposed to.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

On console u use the anolog sticks to turn one for the base and one for the tracks, use either L1 and or R1 for the arm and bucket controls. It can be donw but its really complecated to do.
Null

Post by Null »

eric21 wrote:On console u use the anolog sticks to turn one for the base and one for the tracks, use either L1 and or R1 for the arm and bucket controls. It can be donw but its really complecated to do.
You're making it too complicated. Triggers for forward/reverse and boom controls to move the cab/arm. Have the same driving mechanics of a Challenger or skidsteer. It doesn't have to have real life control schematics.
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Dfarmer36 wrote:If it had any chance at getting on consoles it would have to be wheeled as tracks are a 3rd party script and not allowed on console. And yes I know the challenger and skid steer is tracked don't know why they don't translate to excavators and bulldozers

My posts are the explaination to the "tracks are scripts" now read I'm not making them complicated.
Rowanaudi

Post by Rowanaudi »

Oké tracked wheels not possible, but the wheeled excavator is that also not possible then?
it can have the same controles as the buffalo.