stableStrawPlane not showing ...

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
W1der

stableStrawPlane not showing ...

Post by W1der »

Just realized that the stableStrawPlane is not showing the "animation" and no straw is showing when loading on the map edit I am working on.
Straw is detected in the animal menu though.

The same for both cows and pigs ...

This is the first map I do ... so I am pretty clueless where to "troubleshoot" ... :this:
Everything else regarding the animals seems to be working fine.

Any pointers? :blushnew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
masseyharris

Re: stableStrawPlane not showing ...

Post by masseyharris »

I'm not sure if I understand correctly. In GE the animation doesn't seem to do anything here, so I tested mine in the game and it worked fine - I dropped straw in and it works.
But if you cant see it listed in your GE transforms, then you need to import it.
Here's what my scenegraph looks like

and the straw plane should be just out of sight under the stable floor, if that's any help.
W1der

Post by W1der »

OK ... my bad, as I do not know what the issue is I did not really know how to explain it.
But your reply helped me regarding this.

I will make some screenshots tonight to better explain the situation ... :this:

"and the straw plane should be just out of sight under the stable floor, if that's any help."
As I know the height of the ground level ... do we know what the difference should be to the straw plane?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

I don't know if the transform coordinates will be consistent between our different maps.
But my ground level is exactly 100 under the cow shed, and the height of my strawPlanes transform is 89.8. (stableStrawPlane and alpha are zero)

The strawPlanes transform is just out of sight under the ground and if I move it even a tiny bit upward it begins to show through the ground.
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

Just open another map and look how the plane is showing there. If I remember correctly it's in the editor completely visible. But take this with a pinch of salt. But if the straw is showing in the animal menue than it seems yo be a simple game of the right position.
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
W1der

Post by W1der »

OK ... so basically ... you guys think that the "level" of the plane is the issue!?

I allready tried adjusting it accordingly to the standard GCV map that I have been using as a "reference" for most stuff when creating my own map.
This was "just barely visible".
I will adjust it slightly higher than before and make a new test!

One thing that struck me ...
Is it possible that I "erased something" when recreating the navmeshes for the animals!?
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

W1der wrote:OK ... so basically ... you guys think that the "level" of the plane is the issue!?

I allready tried adjusting it accordingly to the standard GCV map that I have been using as a "reference" for most stuff when creating my own map.
This was "just barely visible".
I will adjust it slightly higher than before and make a new test!

One thing that struck me ...
Is it possible that I "erased something" when recreating the navmeshes for the animals!?
Your trying to do something, and your making the situation worse? No thats not the W1der i know, lol, how you been brother? Been long time since you posted.
W1der

Post by W1der »

BigC92 ...
I will respond to you in a PM (to avoid cluttering this "highly important" topic) ... :mrgreen:
W1der

Post by W1der »

I tried adjusting the "height" of the "plane" ... but I can not get it to work.
(Compared it with the standard GCV "plane".)

Any other suggestions as to where to look for the problem?