American outback feedback

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
manosaurus

American outback feedback

Post by manosaurus »

Didn't see a thread for this yet... if I missed it my apologies.

First off map is amazing. Looks good lots of details. A+ for effort. Nice big fields and room to work with large equipment.

Now the constructive criticism part.

Getting texture issues on roads (PS4) where the roads "fade" from pavement to shaded over with dirt as you move towards or away from them. More of annoyance than anything.

(Don't shoot me) the shrubs. All the plants surrounding fields. Omg. I personally would be happy with 25% less since on consoles we can't remove them. Which I think is why so many console players despise them. We can't GE them out. Makes combining fields difficult. Which brings me to my next point. Unable to combine fields on this map. They all have concrete roads between them.

Overall I do like the map. It's got the open feel to it. Not cramped up like other maps. Just a few things I don't care for but since I didn't make it nor can I do any better maybe it's just food for thought for an update or for future map makers to keep in mind about console mapping.
ArizonaSnow

Re: American outback feedback

Post by ArizonaSnow »

I'm loving it too so far. My only criticism so far is that the Sheep wool spawn point seems a little off, ie the wool doesn't spawn in the area marked like it should making it a little more cramped than it should be to pick them up and put them on a trailer.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

had the NH telehandler get stuck in place at shop as well as NH T8 (maybe a NH issue)i reset them and they worked fine. really great map.looking forward to big bud on this map.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
farmer9192

Post by farmer9192 »

the maps great i love it best map on console imo
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

may want to look at feedback since its happening on offical page.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Davo79

Post by Davo79 »

No complaints from me. Great map. Other than a couple of bridge joints which Mr shoe2 said he will address it's as good as it can be. I wouldn't change a thing. I did however get a kick out of the not being able to cut down the tree by the farm silos but it's not hurting my feelings.
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."
Showdizzle

Post by Showdizzle »

Very nice map. Thanks. Appreciate the hard work in developing such great quality.
Chad05

Post by Chad05 »

No complaints from me the map is awesome big thank to somethingonmyshoes2 this is the best map so far on console we need some more American map looking forward to see what the next one will be
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

The only thing thus far is the bridge, but that is hardly a "game killer", I love this map. Rated 5 stars.
FS 22 and loving it.
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

I gave it 5 stars for sure. Like I said I was merely offering up suggestions.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

The map is an attraction to the eye, quite like it, also to the first post, i subed to you.
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

manosaurus wrote:I gave it 5 stars for sure. Like I said I was merely offering up suggestions.
Oh no, I was not meaning to say anything negative to you. I was offering my feedback to the map creator.
FS 22 and loving it.
Redneckbeer

Post by Redneckbeer »

Just Feedback and I am not condemning this map. I just want to make that clear!

This map is amazing. However, there are some issues I have came across from using my desktop. I have yet to use this map on my Xbox One yet. I do love this map. It is big therefore you can use the larger equipment without issue. However, there are several issues that I feel needs to make this map a bit better.

1. All of the bushes & Shrubs along the fields are extremely annoying.

2. All of the Fences on fields that have nothing on them needs to be removed. This will allow the user to use these fields for other uses. They can apply fences if they want them. Allow the user to make that decision. Personally, I would turn these fenced areas into hay meadows to make silage or to bale into hay. Or use it to install other fixtures as in silos, storage areas and so on.

3. There is only one place to store your harvest and that is at the main farm.

4. There is no Train to be used. No place other places to store ones harvest to wait for the right prices. Just only the main storage at the main farm.

If the creator of this map could eliminate most of the bushes and trees around the field and get rid of the trees in the main farm it be awesome. As well as the Fences. Those fences around empty unused fields is useless and annoying. Just let the player put in the fences if they want.

Again, what an awesome map. I truly do love it. Just the annoyance of the fences and bushes have to go. I love the layout, the little towns. Just needs a little touch up and some added features that's all.
Redneckbeer PC/XboxOne :wink: :this:
Bernie_the_bike

Post by Bernie_the_bike »

Great map, really enjoy it to have something with a totally different "feeling" now, compared to the european maps I´m normally on. Just missing a few pedestrians and parked cars to make it bit more populated. And some guardrails on the bridges, perhaps..
Gute Erträge wünscht Bernie (PS4)
TheGhostGG

Post by TheGhostGG »

I have noticed an optimizing issue, that's my only complaint.

If you use a high Field of View, like I did starting out and you're on the west roads then start to head east the game starts to drop FPS and the tractor starts to glitch back and forth.

I can't tell you what I was at, but I changed it to 65 and it seems to not glitch but still not the best FPS.

Anyone else have this issue?
Xbox One.

Add if you'd like, I would like multiplayer friends! GT: TheGhost GG