Allis Chalmers

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Emanon farmer

Allis Chalmers

Post by Emanon farmer »

I would like to see more Allis Chalmers in the game. I grew up with driving and working with Allis Chalmers 170, and 7030. I would enjoy playing with those or any other Allis Chalmers than Giant would make into a DLC for console gamers like myself.
BigC92

Re: Allis Chalmers

Post by BigC92 »

Idk if AC is a part of any company, yes they make great tractors, but its up to them.
ffmfd180

Post by ffmfd180 »

AC used to be made by Agco, but they were discontinued. So since Agco is in the game it's possible.
Xbox One player
Jeepstick

Post by Jeepstick »

I don't believe that AGCO has the rights to the Allis-Chalmers name or logo, but I could be wrong. I seem to remember the name and trademark were kept with their energy division when they sold the agricultural line to KHD Deutz back in 1985. I do know however that somehow Briggs and Stratton acquired the ability to use the name and logo back in the late 00's
Jeepstick

Post by Jeepstick »

That being said, I really hope there is some way of getting Allis in the game. They always have been my favorite and I currently have several of their Simplicity made garden tractors from the 70's and 80's.
Emanon farmer

Post by Emanon farmer »

Allis Chalmers was founded in 1901 and was buying other companies like Simplicity and others until 1985 when they were bought out by Deutz. Allis Chalmers was its own company until they got bought out. Then in 1990 executives at Deutz-Allis bought out Deutz-Allis North American operations from the parent corporation KHD, (Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz). They named their new company Agco Allis and still have the rights to Allis Chalmers. Agco has removed Allis from their name and just went with Agco. Agco also bought the Challenger tractor line from Caterpillar. So since Challenger tractors are in FS17 Giant Software had to go to Agco to put Challenger tractors in the game.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

So... are we talking about this?: http://www.grit.com/~/media/Images/GRT/ ... wntrac.jpg

Just joke! :lol: :lol:

Allis Chalmers tractors would actually be kind of cool to have in the game. Don't know a lot of models from Allis Chalmers, but I have seen a lot of them before.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Jeepstick

Post by Jeepstick »

As far as I remeber, AGCO has never had the rights to the Allis-Chalmers name or logo. They looked into it back when they bought themselves from KHD, but the owner of the rights, Allis-Chalmers Energy Inc., wanted 1 million dollars for the use of the name and logo, and AGCO did not wish to pay that amount at the time. Allis-Chalmers Energy Inc., was the last part of the business to use the name/logo and it is they that licensed the logo and name to Briggs and Stratton for a short lived line of lawn tractors in 2009. Briggs and Stratton owns Simplicity, Ferris, Snapper, and Murray, among others. The new Allis-Chalmers lawn tractors were based on the lowest cost Simplicity, the Broadmoor, with a Snapper deck instead of the floating Simplicity deck. AGCO, when bought by its management from KHD, was initially called the Gleaner-Allis Corporation, soon changed to Allis-Gleaner Corporation (AGCO). When Allis sold the agriculture division to KHD, Allis-Chalmers still existed and was still a completely separate entity even in manufacturing, until 1998, when it all divested except for the energy division in Houston. Allis-Chalmers Energy Inc., merged with Seawall to form Archer, a global oil service company. That was in 2011, and until that time Allis-Chalmers Energy Inc. was still using both the name and the AC triangle logo.
Jeepstick

Post by Jeepstick »

JohnDeere318 wrote:So... are we talking about this?: http://www.grit.com/~/media/Images/GRT/ ... wntrac.jpg

Allis Chalmers tractors would actually be kind of cool to have in the game. Don't know a lot of models from Allis Chalmers, but I have seen a lot of them before.
More like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=allis+c ... L-2vrDVMlM:

Or this: https://www.google.com/search?q=allis+c ... YmcPBxFmhM:
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Jeepstick wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:So... are we talking about this?: http://www.grit.com/~/media/Images/GRT/ ... wntrac.jpg

More like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=allis+c ... L-2vrDVMlM:

Or this: https://www.google.com/search?q=allis+c ... YmcPBxFmhM:
I have seen a lot of the B series, but not the D21's.

That link I posted was a joke by the way. :mrgreen:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Emanon farmer

Post by Emanon farmer »

I was doing more research and you are right. The Allis-Chalmers trademark is stilled owned by Allis-Chalmers Energy.
Emanon farmer

Post by Emanon farmer »

I was doing more research and you are right Jeepstick. The Allis-Chalmers trademark is stilled owned by Allis-Chalmers Energy.
Jeepstick

Post by Jeepstick »

It is unfortunate, but true. So many great classic models will probably go undeveloped because of this. In addition to the fact that A-C has not been very popular at all for mods in the past. I would reccomend maybe Massey Ferguson as the only hope for classic American equipment on consoles?
Jeepstick

Post by Jeepstick »

And possibly Massey Harris and Ferguson before they merged? What about Minneapolis Moline, Oliver or White? As far as I know AGCO should have rights to those names. We could also use some Gleaners. ON a different note, I would also reccomend IHC and Case for older equipment, really we just need anything. It seems that all anyone wants is big, way to big if you ask me, tractors and implements. I tend to use more cramped maps and prefer smaller and older equipment, like the old Farming Classics pack. An old New Holland Clayson couldn't hurt either.
Jeepstick

Post by Jeepstick »

I was hoping that the IHC 744 that was in testing for consoles would pass, but I now see it has been released as beta for PC/MAC, so I am losing heart.