FS17 BGA/Cowzone clamps/silos

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
mrnascar

FS17 BGA/Cowzone clamps/silos

Post by mrnascar »

Playing on goldcrest. Finally got to the point where I need silage. Do not like the FS17 versions of the BGA or Cowzone silos (clamps) - seems to be the gameplay triggers are completely different - no indicator of fill level, need to use left control-I to unload, poor graphic on completed ferrnentation - only the ends show silage - centre stays white - is this normal?... . If so, much preferred those in FS13/15. Does anyone know if those have been converted for FS17?
PrincessJessi84

Re: FS17 BGA/Cowzone clamps/silos

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

there r 2 good options imo as I don't know what u mean about those in fs13/15.. for 1.. as I recommended a few days ago.. get u a good dozer mod.. they make using the bunkers a mega ton easier.. 2.. try a fermenting silo.. just dump in grass or chaff and wait.. it will ferment in time.. then pull your tipper under the spout and fill er up.. I hope this helps

oh and yes its normal for it to only uncover part at a time.. just take your bucket (wheel loader/front loader/teleloader) and stick it in the silage a foot before the white part (the tarp cover) and it will uncover it.. do this all the way down and your whole bunker will be uncovered
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
mrnascar

Post by mrnascar »

Thanks for the info! Will try those ideas. I know there are placeable fermenting silos; If I can track down a fermenting silo that I can add with GE, I'll replace the clamps in the cowzone, and live with the BGA... What I meant by FS13/15 was - are there any mods that I could install in FS17 that would mimic the graphics and trigger actions of those in FS13/15...?
PrincessJessi84

not that I'm aware of.. srry
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
jwtsn05

Post by jwtsn05 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote:there r 2 good options imo as I don't know what u mean about those in fs13/15.. for 1.. as I recommended a few days ago.. get u a good dozer mod.. they make using the bunkers a mega ton easier.. 2.. try a fermenting silo.. just dump in grass or chaff and wait.. it will ferment in time.. then pull your tipper under the spout and fill er up.. I hope this helps

oh and yes its normal for it to only uncover part at a time.. just take your bucket (wheel loader/front loader/teleloader) and stick it in the silage a foot before the white part (the tarp cover) and it will uncover it.. do this all the way down and your whole bunker will be uncovered

I don't suppose you happen to know if the fermenting silo may make its way to consoles?
PS4
PrincessJessi84

its an outside script so as things stand now they will not.. it is best to remain optimistic though as none of us know what the future may hold for this edition of farming simulator or the next
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
jwtsn05

Post by jwtsn05 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote:its an outside script so as things stand now they will not.. it is best to remain optimistic though as none of us know what the future may hold for this edition of farming simulator or the next
Thanks for the reply. I don't really get on here a lot, because of some of the attitudes and/or arguments. Do you think if there were more requests, Giants might try to pursue some of the more requested mods, that contain the outside scripts, or try to come up with other variations that uses Giants scripting? The reason I'm asking, is we all know about the 4Reals mods. They did prove it could be done.

Also, I know you're getting into modding, I just wanted to wish you luck. Some of those poor people put up with a lot of stuff.
PS4
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

jwtsn05 wrote:Do you think if there were more requests, Giants might try to pursue some of the more requested mods, that contain the outside scripts, or try to come up with other variations that uses Giants scripting? The reason I'm asking, is we all know about the 4Reals mods. They did prove it could be done.
I doubt it very much. If I had to guess, the 4real mods were supposed to be in the base game and they didn't get them implemented in time for release. This is all just speculation on my part though.

Also for the fermenting silo, (I'm not a modder so I don't really know much about it) I don't see why this is using outside scrips. You input chaff, and it outputs silage. Just like the silage clamps work minus compacting and a "tarp". Shouldn't be different from the hay loft that's in the base game other than the input/output. Am I completely off-base? (highly likely) Personally, I like using the clamps or wrapping bales, but I see how this could be handy for the small farm.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
PrincessJessi84

honestly I'm not sure about the requests.. it seems to me that giants has a road map laid out for the game and I don't think its too likely that they will stray too far from the course.. even with the 4real mods.. they had acquired the rights to the scripting to those before fs17 was even released leading me to believe that they knew from the beginning that they would end up putting them on consoles.. they have to be aware that the console fan base wants scripted mods.. we know they watch the forums and now they have the community manager who has opened up all kinds of lines of communication between us and them.. I would say the best chance is getting sony to change their stance on restrictions.. as with FO4 and Skyrim remastered they r the kink in the flow of mods.. Bethesda was a lot more relaxed with their mod platform allowing mods to be uploaded separately for the 2 consoles which had big benefits for xbone users but was a major thorn in the side of sony users and also had some huge short comings in terms of the fact that there was little to no moderation in the mods being uploaded.. giants ultimately has made the right decision in giving both platforms access to the same mods in that its much easier to monitor and control the flow of a single set of mods ensuring a much higher quality in the content.. I know Microsoft is down for pretty well anything that doesn't violate their terms and conditions so at this point the problem is with sony.. if sony would lift the restrictions even a little it would open all kinds of doors for console users

and thanks for the well wishes on my modding ventures.. I know modders get a ton of flak but I think it would be worth it to see my vision come to life and make some people happy.. if I can contribute to even a handful of people enjoying the game more or longer then I would call it a win
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

PrincessJessi84 wrote:I know modders get a ton of flak but I think it would be worth it to see my vision come to life and make some people happy.. if I can contribute to even a handful of people enjoying the game more or longer then I would call it a win

FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
jwtsn05

Post by jwtsn05 »

Well dang it. I'd fuss at Sony, but I'm just one person. :confusednew:
PS4