Ground Modification

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
CarsenGray

Re: Ground Modification

Post by CarsenGray »

It also conflicts with the Swiss Bank mod. :(
FS-19 (PC)
Mitch84

Post by Mitch84 »

Any chance bringing to console?
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ No, it has outside scripts.
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
PeterJJ

Post by PeterJJ »

I have problem with this mod as well (version 1.0.0.6). I have plenty of other mods but I've either disabled them or uninstalled completely.

I have an extended field with sowed grass on it. The roller works great on land which is not a field and the information is saved. Changes made ON the field (original or extended) are visible but are not saved. I can plow that field again and on that plowed field I can change AND SAVE other textures (dirt, meadow, etc.) but the grass is gone so it *censored*.

I would like to modify the ground (with the roller) on the fields without loosing the grass. Is that possible? For example now I have field grass and I would like to change it to meadow, leaving the grass on it.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Just to balance this thread a little I would like to state that in general @jodamm did a fantastic job with this mod. Bugs here and there are unavoidable but the mod is great. Keep up the good work!
W1der

Post by W1der »

PeterJJ wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:28 pm I have problem with this mod as well (version 1.0.0.6). I have plenty of other mods but I've either disabled them or uninstalled completely.

I have an extended field with sowed grass on it. The roller works great on land which is not a field and the information is saved. Changes made ON the field (original or extended) are visible but are not saved. I can plow that field again and on that plowed field I can change AND SAVE other textures (dirt, meadow, etc.) but the grass is gone so it *censored*.

I would like to modify the ground (with the roller) on the fields without loosing the grass. Is that possible? For example now I have field grass and I would like to change it to meadow, leaving the grass on it.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Just to balance this thread a little I would like to state that in general @jodamm did a fantastic job with this mod. Bugs here and there are unavoidable but the mod is great. Keep up the good work!
Hello and welcome to the forum!

There is a mod called "Wild grass" ... you should be able to use this to get the grass back.

However it causes a conflict with the ground modification mod so the Wild Grass mod has to be uninstalled after use (I think this is covered within in this thread actually).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
PeterJJ

Post by PeterJJ »

W1der wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:25 pm Hello and welcome to the forum!
Hi there and thanks :)

Have heard about the "Wild Grass" mod but haven't used it since it is known to cause problems with "Ground Modification". I thought I was doing something wrong or that I simply was not allowed to obtain the secret knowledge of the elders on how to tame the Mighty Roller ;)

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:58 pm In the help/control menu there should be an option to remove grass, have you tried that?
Yes, I'm aware of this option. The thing is I want to keep the grass. I assumed it would act as if I plowed the field and then applied some texture. The result should be identical - new texture and no grass. I want the damn grass! ;)

Thanks for taking the time to post an answer. I'll play around with the "Wild Grass" mod and see what's what.

[EDIT]

Drmattymd's post intrigued me a bit and so I did the test. Turns out with the option to remove grass ENABLED, I'm able to edit the ground and it gets saved. When I change the option to keep the grass, ground modification does not get saved.

So... What I want - to keep the grass, is preventing me from getting what I also want - to change the ground. This is turning out to be an existential problem of immense magnitude :D
W1der

Post by W1der »

Change the ground ... install wild grass mod ... plant grass on the ground where you want grass ... remove wild grass mod ... (this should work) ... !?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
PeterJJ

Post by PeterJJ »

Yes I think you're right.

Come to think of it, the roller should not leave the grass intact, I mean, it's a roller after all, flattens everything :)