Ground Modification

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
W1der

Re: Ground Modification

Post by W1der »

Thanks for creating this script ... it is brilliant!!!

Getting a graphics glitch after changing the ground ...
Look at the clip I posted on YT.

https://youtu.be/maVLn0vxbsA

Edit: Any one else getting this glitch, or is it only on my system?
Last edited by W1der on Mon May 01, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

I had to keep the old one as the update kept telling me it was unzipped and not compatible in multiplayer, I tried to unzip and rezip, but the problem persisted, any idea why ?

Also when it comes to multiplayer compability, I noticed the config file for the mod is stored in the mods folder, that's why no one other than the host can see the changes made, is there any possibility to have the config file saved in the savegame folder instead, that way you could implement a search parameter in the scripts lua to search for that file within the savegame, as the game will search for all files related to the hosts savegame, this is how it's done with e.g growthManager ?
TimmyTheSnail

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

BigC92 wrote:I dont see why this wouldn't work on console, besides for it being an outside script, hear me out, now the different " layouts" are some sort of picture file, right? This is an assumption, but if thats the case, just put those files ingame, we'll download the roller, we can choose what we want, bing bam boom done, i hope this makes sense, but if im wrong, tell me why, besides for it being an outside script. I dont see nothing "outside script" about it. Maybe have giants do a few test with this mod on console?
I would love this mod more than anything else to come to console. I'm no modder but I am slightly confused as to why it couldn't be made console compatiable as it's only applying textures that are already in the base game. But like I said I'm not a modder
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

TimmyTheSnail wrote:
BigC92 wrote:I dont see why this wouldn't work on console, besides for it being an outside script, hear me out, now the different " layouts" are some sort of picture file, right? This is an assumption, but if thats the case, just put those files ingame, we'll download the roller, we can choose what we want, bing bam boom done, i hope this makes sense, but if im wrong, tell me why, besides for it being an outside script. I dont see nothing "outside script" about it. Maybe have giants do a few test with this mod on console?
I would love this mod more than anything else to come to console. I'm no modder but I am slightly confused as to why it couldn't be made console compatiable as it's only applying textures that are already in the base game. But like I said I'm not a modder
Thats what im saying, you know, we just select what ground texture we want, and away we go, simple tbh with you, im not a modder either.
TimmyTheSnail

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

BigC92 wrote:
TimmyTheSnail wrote:
Thats what im saying, you know, we just select what ground texture we want, and away we go, simple tbh with you, im not a modder either.

Yeah basically the same way you select what seed you want from a seeder but it's on a roller and it's textures instead of seed. I'm sure it could be done if someone was willing to try
W1der

Post by W1der »

Hjm ...

This mod suddenly stopped working for me ... :confusednew:
The controls are all there, but it only resets the ground to the original state what ever I try to do ... :hmm:

Edit:
It works on a fresh savegame with no other mods ...
Possibly a conflict ... do we know of any?

Also ... doing the same thing as I did where I got the graphics glitch in previous post ... this does not happen on this new savegame.

Edit:
Found it to be the "wild grass" mod that makes this one stop working ... :this:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

W1der wrote:Hjm ...

This mod suddenly stopped working for me ... :confusednew:
The controls are all there, but it only resets the ground to the original state what ever I try to do ... :hmm:

Edit:
It works on a fresh savegame with no other mods ...
Possibly a conflict ... do we know of any?

Also ... doing the same thing as I did where I got the graphics glitch in previous post ... this does not happen on this new savegame.

Edit:
Found it to be the "wild grass" mod that makes this one stop working ... :this:
I use the wild grass mod too but haven't used the roller much. It plants grass as well doesn't it?
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I just started exploring the ground modification mod ...
So far I have not found a way to make it "plant grass" ... only change the ground, but no actual grass grows on it.
For that I would need the "wild grass" mod I guess? ... :hmm:
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

We'll that's why I've been using it so I can edit field edges and get grass growing again. Maybe one of them will get an update so they work with each other
TimmyTheSnail

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

Preble 818 wrote:We'll that's why I've been using it so I can edit field edges and get grass growing again. Maybe one of them will get an update so they work with each other
No the roller doesn't plant anything. It is not a seeder
W1der

Post by W1der »

As for now I disable the wild grass mod and only enable it when I need to use it.
Seems to be working ... but it would be nice if this was solved somehow ... maybe edit this mod to also be able to "sow grass"!? ... :blushnew: *thumbsup*

Again ... thank you for creating this one ... adds another dimension to the game!

GIANTS restricted the amount of different "ground types" to 4 in each "area" ...
Does anyone know if it could create a problem, using to many different types "to close together"?
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

If I get a chance later I'll try it on a test save. Might just cause performance issues so the disabled the ability in GE. Guessing here
jturie

Post by jturie »

This mod locked up my game as well. Could not get savegames to work, could not get a new game to work. However, if I cleared my mods folder out, it worked for GCV. Mod conflict? Grabbed all my mods, took out all the scripts, worked fine.

To make a long story short, I am pretty sure that my problem was that I was using the Mod Folder Switcher (MFS) mod. When I took all the mods from one of my MFS folders, and dumped them all into the plain old Mods folder, everything worked fine, including my save games! Ground modification is more useful to me than MFS, so I'll just keep MFS for my multiplayer maps. Your mileage may vary, but if you are using MFS, try this fix.
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

I am having a problem with the ground modification mod. It will not save the changes. I have tried it on all three maps I play (GCV, American Outback, and Giants Island), and none of them save the changes. I am (or was) using version 1.0.0.5 which states it fixed that problem, but I am still experiencing it. :frown:
FS-19 (PC)
BlackFox403

Post by BlackFox403 »

Transforming an empty field to Farm production use with Ground Modification on Farming Legend. Mod works great, and gives a great dynamic.