Ground Modification

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Preble 818

Re: Ground Modification

Post by Preble 818 »

May be in the textures folder not the editor itself.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Boerke79

Post by Boerke79 »

The textures folder holds the same names, I have also checked the Original GoldCrest map, and these names have not changed. It is only the roller mod that refuses to pick up any of it.
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

Another discovery after playing multiplayer, I am the only one that can see the changes I have done, note that this is on a mod map, the map is "Lossberg" by vertex dezign, there are no errors in the log. I haven't tested it in multiplayer on a default map yet though, so maybe it's a mod map issue ?
Other than that it worked as it should on my end, everything from having the correct tyre tracks to the correct sound. It's really not that big a problem for us though, since we have separate farms, but thought I should bring it to your attention.
criss20ster

Post by criss20ster »

Could you help my for my trouble?
Redneckbeer

Post by Redneckbeer »

@Totenfarmer, I went and loaded a new game using the American Outback Mod map. I then went and bought the roller and a tractor. I was able to run the game and the roller. But the only way the roller or the ground modification will work is if you start a new game. It will not load onto a saved game. It will not allow you to load the game at all. So, the map ground names work properly. There is an issue with the mod working with saved games. I only started a new game just to test this out.
Redneckbeer PC/XboxOne :wink: :this:
Cryptixuk

Post by Cryptixuk »

I just tried this mod and I like it but It dont appear to save the changes in the texture that you produce, I tried this with an existing savbe and I also tried with a new save both to the same effect it, after loading the save the texture went back to normal. I changed grass to concrete and after saving then loading again the concrete has gone back to grass
jodamm

Post by jodamm »

Hi,
the most problems will be solved with the next update. The update is currently tested by Giants.
For the problem where after saving and loading again the textures are lost, i'm still investigating the issue.
Courseplay can cause this issue and i'm working on a fix for this, is someone having this issue and not using courseplay?

For multiplayer: I have not tested or used it with multiplayer, if it's not working with a mod map then it probably will not work with a standard map.
BlackFox403

Post by BlackFox403 »

jodamm wrote:Hi,
the most problems will be solved with the next update. The update is currently tested by Giants.
For the problem where after saving and loading again the textures are lost, i'm still investigating the issue.
Courseplay can cause this issue and i'm working on a fix for this, is someone having this issue and not using courseplay?

For multiplayer: I have not tested or used it with multiplayer, if it's not working with a mod map then it probably will not work with a standard map.
I do not use Courseplay. That is the only issue I have- the textures changing to green instead of retaining what I have done (leaves, dirt). It shows just as if you put a placeable in grass then sell it and you have the "area" the placeable sat upon all flat but green. No errors or LUA errors in the log, FPS normal, all features are normal. I can produce what I need in any map we use, the script is working for me as it should be. It is just the save/reload.

I can always redo the leaves for the session until a solution is found. Thank you for the work and effort, we appreciate it.

Regards
jodamm

Post by jodamm »

BlackFox403 wrote: I do not use Courseplay. That is the only issue I have- the textures changing to green instead of retaining what I have done (leaves, dirt). It shows just as if you put a placeable in grass then sell it and you have the "area" the placeable sat upon all flat but green. No errors or LUA errors in the log, FPS normal, all features are normal. I can produce what I need in any map we use, the script is working for me as it should be. It is just the save/reload.

I can always redo the leaves for the session until a solution is found. Thank you for the work and effort, we appreciate it.

Regards
What other mods do you have installed, maybe one of them is causing the same problem.
BlackFox403

Post by BlackFox403 »

jodamm wrote: What other mods do you have installed, maybe one of them is causing the same problem.
I do agree with you on this. It seems my wife and I are using a mod that may be the cause. Our son used the roller and your script in his save game and made a "beach" area, When he saved and loaded, it was all there. My wife and I do use FarmingTablet and growthManager, but all our mods come from Giants site with the exception of the FarmingTablet and my mods I wrote (taskLog, baleStores, and infoPad). Except for the FarmingTablet and growthManager, our son and us use the same mods.

I will keep testing away. I am certain we will find the culprit and I can let you know our results.

Regards

**Edit** 8:27pm PST 25-Apr-2017

@ jodamm,

My wife and I solved our issue. Since we run the FarmingTablet mod and three apps (AnimalStatus, FabrikscriptExtension, Farmsilosystem) and our son does not, we started with these. We deselected these mods, loaded the game, and used a roller to place dirt. We saved the game, exited FS, restarted FS and loaded the game and voila- the dirt remained. :)

We can place what we want and even revert back to the original ground. We thank you for taking time to field our issue and for creating this mod. You have given us a new dynamic and will make good use of it.

Best regards.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Redneckbeer wrote:
Not sure what you mean by "Saved Game" but I just restarted this map due to an update to the map that was done to it last week. I saw this new tool in the Mod and figure I would get it. When I went to load the game it would not load. The game just sits there. I am assuming you are saying we should delete our existing game to get this to work...I want do that. Takes way to many hours to set it back up again. However, I hope you are able to fix this issue. First time this has happened to me. I am using the PC version of the game.
Two posts above yours is the fix for the bug until an update is released. Once again, please read the thread before replying.
jodamm

Post by jodamm »

BlackFox403 wrote: My wife and I solved our issue. Since we run the FarmingTablet mod and three apps (AnimalStatus, FabrikscriptExtension, Farmsilosystem) and our son does not, we started with these. We deselected these mods, loaded the game, and used a roller to place dirt. We saved the game, exited FS, restarted FS and loaded the game and voila- the dirt remained. :)

We can place what we want and even revert back to the original ground. We thank you for taking time to field our issue and for creating this mod. You have given us a new dynamic and will make good use of it.

Best regards.
Thank you for your reply. I will test the mentioned mods and hopefully i can change my mod to work with them.
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

Redneckbeer wrote:@Totenfarmer, I went and loaded a new game using the American Outback Mod map. I then went and bought the roller and a tractor. I was able to run the game and the roller. But the only way the roller or the ground modification will work is if you start a new game. It will not load onto a saved game. It will not allow you to load the game at all. So, the map ground names work properly. There is an issue with the mod working with saved games. I only started a new game just to test this out.
I'm not sure you found the real reason why it happens, obviously I was wrong about it being the custom textures of the map, but when I first tested the roller on a normal sized map it was in an already excisting samegame with over 200 hrs played and a ton of mods, and it worked flawlessly, so this can't be the real issue either..
criss20ster

Post by criss20ster »

Could someone help me with this modem how to fix it so the map will load with this modem?

Error: Running LUA method 'loadSharedI3DFileFinished'.
D: /ModyFS17/mods/FS17_Ground_Modification/GroundModifier.lua: 145: attempt to compare number with nil
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

criss20ster, please post your full log.txt. How to post log.txt is in my signature.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt