Mustang Valley Ranch.. an ON topic discussion of this pending map

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Airborne82nd

Re: Mustang Valley Ranch.. an ON topic discussion of this pending map

Post by Airborne82nd »

Great Map !! Love the size of the fields. I would've nixed the mountains though, being it looks a bit too much like American Outback, but it's great anyhow. Thanks again.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Airborne82nd wrote:Great Map !! Love the size of the fields. I would've nixed the mountains though, being it looks a bit too much like American Outback, but it's great anyhow. Thanks again.
Mustang Valley Ranch. You can't have a Valley without mountains. :biggrin2:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

Is there any chance you can change the silos to hold everything? ie root crops, wood chips, grass, mixed ration etc, I have seen that on 2 maps so far Dummard Farm and Westbridge Hills, so it is possible.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

ArizonaSnow wrote:Is there any chance you can change the silos to hold everything? ie root crops, wood chips, grass, mixed ration etc, I have seen that on 2 maps so far Dummard Farm and Westbridge Hills, so it is possible.
U have the root crop bunkers
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

eric21 wrote:
ArizonaSnow wrote:Is there any chance you can change the silos to hold everything? ie root crops, wood chips, grass, mixed ration etc, I have seen that on 2 maps so far Dummard Farm and Westbridge Hills, so it is possible.
U have the root crop bunkers
Yeah but the root crop bunkers don't hold Wood Chips, Grass or Mixed Ration and there are no mods to store any them on consoles and Drummard Farm and Westbridge Hills prove that us console owners can have storage for these things.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

You dont generally store woodchips in silos obly in barns
novass

Post by novass »

Shoes2,
Thank you do much for the smokin map.can you make the trees along the roads and fields be able to be not ghost like..so they can be cut down and removed...uf a update is coming..oh,,maybe add a few tools in the shops on the farm and shops in the dealer/shop area to...thank you..nice frickin map..girst time to have and need big equipment.thank you Shoes2.......Chris
krazycat2012

Post by krazycat2012 »

I am having issues with loading your map, i have no errors with mods. It just seems that it take for every to load the map. When watching the debug window while loading the game it seems to be like 5000.00 ms to load and yet the game never gives me a start option even if i let it set for 5 to 10 minutes thinking it is my computer.

I generally have this issue when i try to reload the game the next day, or next time i want to play.
TheSupineRocket

Post by TheSupineRocket »

Awesome map!!! If I could make one suggestion.... can you please add exits to the fenced grass fields on both ends instead of just one?? That would make life slightly easier. Keep up the great work though!
Bigdaddigta

Post by Bigdaddigta »

Love this map been playing or should that be working it but i have a request for somethingonmyshoe2 if he sees this, How about a map with huge feilds like ths but with a railroad on on, with such huge crop quantity's a railroad would be so useful.
N420DV

Post by N420DV »

I've copied this post from my response to a thread I started a couple of months ago, asking for a huge map with huge fields...

Thanks to somethingonmyshoe2 for creating the Mustang Valley Ranch map, which aside from a few minor complaints, is exactly what I had in mind!

I would have posted my "thank you" to somethingonmyshoe2 earlier, but I was out of the country April 19th through May 7th, and I've been engrossed with playing the map ever since coming home.

I was unfortunate/fortunate enough to be off work sick yesterday, and I spent about 8 hours harvesting canola in the largest field. I have four New Holland CR 10-90 combines working side-by-side-by-side-by-side. I'm about 80% done with harvesting this one field. This is precisely how farming works in the real world in Western North America. No one field is harvested in just a few hours. Individual fields take days to plow/cultivate/sow/fertilize and harvest.

My only complaints are the map's coloring. The "always autumn" color palette could use improvement. Also, about 80% of the foliage alongside the roads, buildings, and fields could stand to disappear. The map's topography and coloring indicate this map is set somewhere in the American Southwest, and there ain't much rainfall in the American Southwest, so there isn't much growing aside from what's irrigated by farmers. Non-irrigated agricultural areas in the American Southwest usually contains sagebrush, occasional patches of range grass, and not much else.

Otherwise, the Mustang Valley Ranch map is fantastic!
novass

Post by novass »

N420DV wrote:I've copied this post from my response to a thread I started a couple of months ago, asking for a huge map with huge fields...

Thanks to somethingonmyshoe2 for creating the Mustang Valley Ranch map, which aside from a few minor complaints, is exactly what I had in mind!

I would have posted my "thank you" to somethingonmyshoe2 earlier, but I was out of the country April 19th through May 7th, and I've been engrossed with playing the map ever since coming home.

I was unfortunate/fortunate enough to be off work sick yesterday, and I spent about 8 hours harvesting canola in the largest field. I have four New Holland CR 10-90 combines working side-by-side-by-side-by-side. I'm about 80% done with harvesting this one field. This is precisely how farming works in the real world in Western North America. No one field is harvested in just a few hours. Individual fields take days to plow/cultivate/sow/fertilize and harvest.

My only complaints are the map's coloring. The "always autumn" color palette could use improvement. Also, about 80% of the foliage alongside the roads, buildings, and fields could stand to disappear. The map's topography and coloring indicate this map is set somewhere in the American Southwest, and there ain't much rainfall in the American Southwest, so there isn't much growing aside from what's irrigated by farmers. Non-irrigated agricultural areas in the American Southwest usually contains sagebrush, occasional patches of range grass, and not much else.

I agree with ya..and one other thing.make all trees able to be cut and removed..the trees are like ghost trees..smokin work and great map Shoes2...is there going to be a update to this map?...thank you...Chris
eric21

Post by eric21 »

novass wrote:
N420DV wrote:I've copied this post from my response to a thread I started a couple of months ago, asking for a huge map with huge fields...

I agree with ya..and one other thing.make all trees able to be cut and removed..the trees are like ghost trees..smokin work and great map Shoes2...is there going to be a update to this map?...thank you...Chris
Having all trees like that will make it lag. There are trees in the top of field 1 that you can cut.

Harvesting the big fields i use 2 combines or 3, then split them into teams. Start one combine on each side of the map and one in the middle. So the auger cart does not go all the way round the field. Ive seen this done on big fields on youtube. Then have combines do there little area
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

hi there all
first off i.d like to say sorry for not replying to comments as I'm just finishing off a map . I'm hopeing to upload on Tuesday and yes I'm trying to take notes on all the comments .
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

oooo can't wait to see what you have in store for us! :search:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt