Adding and Playing with Mods Advice Please

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Bushmaster77

Adding and Playing with Mods Advice Please

Post by Bushmaster77 »

Loving life as a PC farmer, so much better than X Box 1 IMO. Do have a couple questions for those that can provide insight. :confusednew:

The following link is the computer that I bought and will only primary be used to play FS-17. Seems that a NVIDA GC is way most people go, but based on the research I did it seemed that this option was better that a 1050 NVIDA card. If I was wrong, please let me know.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1 ... UTF8&psc=1

The link will pertain to the following question:

Currently playing on Elkhorn Valley, downloaded off of AmericanEagleModding. Thanks Preble 818 for the advice on mods. So downloaded about 30 to 33 mods, from the before mentioned, modhub.us, modhoster, and a couple other main stream ones to include FS 17 MODHUB. Primarily John Deere mods with a few other makes, for semi's, cultivator, grain carts, and etc etc. So I have noticed on my farm, which is where I store all my vehicles I will get a slight lag from time to time. It also sometimes does it when I crest the hill near my farm. The lag is very brief and does not last, but a few seconds if that. It does not do it when I am in the field working. I have read that it is due to the amount of vehicles in the same area at the same time. Also read it could be an error in the script, or even due your computers operating system. I really hope is the latter, since I am sure that my system can handle it...and yes I play on the highest level. Thoughts.......advice?

Also, I downloaded the Brock Grain Bin Mod. Can anyone tell me where I can please find legs, loading and unloading augers (system) for the bins. Also where can I find a modern grain dryer system as well? Been looking, but can't find anything as of yet.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Much thanks! :biggrin2:
Preble 818

Re: Adding and Playing with Mods Advice Please

Post by Preble 818 »

I'm guessing your leg has to do with either the amount of vehicles you have on your map or some vehicles in particular can cause lag when you look in their Direction. I'm that map I deleted the silage clamps at the cow farm and in that spot used the multistorage mod for rootcrops and such from the official mod hub and edited it to hold all normal fruit types. I used the fermenting silo from gtx mods to replace the clamps.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

Bushmaster77 wrote:Loving life as a PC farmer, so much better than X Box 1 IMO. Do have a couple questions for those that can provide insight. :confusednew:

The following link is the computer that I bought and will only primary be used to play FS-17. Seems that a NVIDA GC is way most people go, but based on the research I did it seemed that this option was better that a 1050 NVIDA card. If I was wrong, please let me know.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1 ... UTF8&psc=1

The link will pertain to the following question:

Currently playing on Elkhorn Valley, downloaded off of AmericanEagleModding. Thanks Preble 818 for the advice on mods. So downloaded about 30 to 33 mods, from the before mentioned, modhub.us, modhoster, and a couple other main stream ones to include FS 17 MODHUB. Primarily John Deere mods with a few other makes, for semi's, cultivator, grain carts, and etc etc. So I have noticed on my farm, which is where I store all my vehicles I will get a slight lag from time to time. It also sometimes does it when I crest the hill near my farm. The lag is very brief and does not last, but a few seconds if that. It does not do it when I am in the field working. I have read that it is due to the amount of vehicles in the same area at the same time. Also read it could be an error in the script, or even due your computers operating system. I really hope is the latter, since I am sure that my system can handle it...and yes I play on the highest level. Thoughts.......advice?

Also, I downloaded the Brock Grain Bin Mod. Can anyone tell me where I can please find legs, loading and unloading augers (system) for the bins. Also where can I find a modern grain dryer system as well? Been looking, but can't find anything as of yet.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Much thanks! :biggrin2:
I have the Nvidia 1050ti FTW in my PC and it's amazing, I have however like you experienced slight shirt loved lag but that is almost always when I start a new modded map. What I have done to fix that is when I start a new modded map I jump in which ever the fastest vehicle that is provided and do a quick lap around the whole map then I save and quit, when I get back into that map I don't have any more lag issues no matter the amount of modded vehicles and equipment I have gathered up.
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
crash

Post by crash »

I hvae a ryzen 7 (no OC) GTX 1060 6gb, 16gb ram and m.2 memory. (1920x1080 resolution) Everything at max grafics wise.. The game still hickups if there is many things going on, straw mod also seems to give a load spike. Would have been fun to try with a perfomance overlay to see where there are hickups. The fps drops to 45ish in those hicups, elsewhere it stays at 60fps.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway