trailer

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
kansas_dude

trailer

Post by kansas_dude »

I have a mod beets harvester that holds 1,000,000 liters, is there a mod trailer that holds 1,000,000 liters (or close to it) I know the store has a 55,000 but i'd like to find a trailer that holds more?
fenixguy

Re: trailer

Post by fenixguy »

You could edit the XML file of any mod trailer to whatever value you would like. It's been a while since I edited mods but you open the trailer's .xml file (not the modDesk.xml). Search for "capacity". Should look like this: capacity="55000" (or whatever amount that particular trailer holds). Change the number in quotes to whatever amount you would like.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

Just an add on, download notepad++ first, that makes editing files so much easier and don't forget to save anything you edit.
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

True about saving. Always keep an unedited version of the mod somewhere other than the Game so if you mess it up, you can start over. Never tried Notepad++.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

fenixguy wrote:True about saving. Always keep an unedited version of the mod somewhere other than the Game so if you mess it up, you can start over. Never tried Notepad++.
I've never had a reason for any program like it but when I started editing mods XML files I had seen a video about notepad++ and it is alot user friendly the way it's laid out and organized.
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

yeah and fs 17 its the only way you will open the file and have in default layout now plus when making edit keep xml file open till your done making the edit that way all you have to do is ctrl Z to revert your changes back to where where you started each time you hit ctrl Z it reverts one change and if you go back to far just hit ctrl Y to go back
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

thunderhawk wrote:yeah and fs 17 its the only way you will open the file and have in default layout now plus when making edit keep xml file open till your done making the edit that way all you have to do is ctrl Z to revert your changes back to where where you started each time you hit ctrl Z it reverts one change and if you go back to far just hit ctrl Y to go back
Good advice, thank you very much!