PS4 MODS

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
canadafarms

Re: PS4 MODS

Post by canadafarms »

Kaceyyy wrote:@canadafarms ....So is this basically a waiting game to see if any modders will send the scripts/mod to giants for a GPS mod? Or giants could get hold of the basics of GPS then tweak it themselves??
Ok since you asked me directly I will try to give you an answer as best as I can, keep in mind this is only an educated guess based on what I have read and is not official as I have no direct contact with anyone from Giants.

I don't think Giants will make their own GPS script simply because it would be the same script as what the modder who made this script created. The modding community is a big part of this game and I don't think Giants wants to do things that would make waves with the people who create additional content. So the only way I see us getting this mod, along with other things like it, would be for Giants and the modder/s to make an arrangement for this script to become property of Giants just like the 4real mods were. Keep in mind even if they were to come to an agreement this would not be like other mods that are uploaded to modhub and just downloaded by players, it would have to be added to the base game in an update just like the scripts for the 4real mods were. So as I said before, never say never but since they have not added any of these scripts except the ones that were turned over to them(4real mods) I would not hold my breath that we will get them. I don't know who made the GPS script but it really would have to be up to them to give up the scripts to Giants. This is a highly requested mod so maybe just maybe Giants will or has discussed this with the creator already, but if they have there has been no official word of it anywhere that I've seen. As I said these are only my opinions and guesses.
PS4
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Chad05 wrote:I can't believe they cant give us console player no more mods then what they do we we pay for the game as much as the PC player did we should have the right to have as many mod as they do. I get on hear day after day all the hell I see is more mod for PC it make me sick.
It makes me sick seeing these whining threads about "we need more mods for console." There's PLENTY of mods available on consoles with more on the way.

If I was a modder, I'd seriously reconsider making a mod compatible for consoles seeing all these ungrateful threads.If you're that unhappy, go make your own mods OR do what everyone else does...enjoying the game and wait for new mods to hit modhub.

These kinda threads are pretty boring now. Taking up space for far more exciting threads...
Last edited by BreadedVirus on Mon May 08, 2017 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Kaceyyy

Post by Kaceyyy »

@canadafarms .....Thank you mate, I understand where you're coming from and whats going on , I should think that Giants are in contact or getting in contact with a modder because as you say this is highly requested and should've been in the base game anyway! So by them doing that it would make alot of people happy....Also, what do you mean by " since they have not added any of these scripts except the ones that were turned over to them" ???
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Kaceyyy wrote:Also, what do you mean by " since they have not added any of these scripts except the ones that were turned over to them" ???
I just meant that there are other scripted mods that people would love to see on consoles such as follow me, auto load or UAL, feed mixer, slow bee, course play and many others but the only scripted mods that have come so far were the 4real mods and only after they became property of Giants.
PS4
Kaceyyy

Post by Kaceyyy »

Ohhh okay I get you ! Well hopefully all of these scripted do come to console
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Kaceyyy wrote:Ohhh okay I get you ! Well hopefully all of these scripted do come to console
Maybe for fs19 though
Dooringboom

Post by Dooringboom »

This is just a shot in the dark, but I am willing to buy these mods as a DLC on PS4. Most mods are free (The once that gets handed over to Giants like the 4Reel mods) but some might just be so needed that we as PS4 players would need to put ou rmoney where our mouths are, to try and encourage Giants/modders that these popular scripted mods (Like mentioned by canadafarms), to become available for us as console players. Not sure if this is going make things easier for Giants, but at least this way there is some justification/motivation for the modder to give Giants the IP as long as the modder gets a % of each DLC bought as some sort of "Royalty" payment.

Has anyone tried to reach out to the modder of the GPS mod and maybe asked him/her if Giants have reached out to them yet?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Unfortunatly money has nothing to do with mods. Modders should not have to sell thier work
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Dooringboom wrote:This is just a shot in the dark, but I am willing to buy these mods as a DLC on PS4. Most mods are free (The once that gets handed over to Giants like the 4Reel mods) but some might just be so needed that we as PS4 players would need to put ou rmoney where our mouths are, to try and encourage Giants/modders that these popular scripted mods (Like mentioned by canadafarms), to become available for us as console players. Not sure if this is going make things easier for Giants, but at least this way there is some justification/motivation for the modder to give Giants the IP as long as the modder gets a % of each DLC bought as some sort of "Royalty" payment.

Has anyone tried to reach out to the modder of the GPS mod and maybe asked him/her if Giants have reached out to them yet?
A royalty payment? Eric said it, modders should not have to sell there work, our job is to download our favorite modders mods, that's our payment to them.
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

All I want is follow me and an auto load bale trailer, everything else is just a bonus.