Secure Mod sites and mods folder

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Teobust

Secure Mod sites and mods folder

Post by Teobust »

Hi, Do anyone now about mod sites wich is virus FREE and safe?
And i can't find "mods folder"
It Would be great to Get help and answers.
don_apple

Re: Secure Mod sites and mods folder

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Please have a look a the following post where you find some tips about the installation of mods and some recommended mod download sites: viewtopic.php?f=895&t=102821&p=791562#p791562
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Borealis

Re: Secure Mod sites and mods folder

Post by Borealis »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

What platform are you on PC/Mac? If you're on PC, it's under Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/mods

As for safe mod sites... Obviously, the Giants modhub is safe: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mods. ... country=gb

Likewise, any mods from FSUK are safe as they're either hosted at FSUK or on the Giants Modhub. As far as other sites are concerned, Modhoster.com/de is OK, but check the download link. If it's hosted directly at modhoster, then it's safe. If it's on say uploaded.net then get ready for a lot of pop-ups!

I try to avoid modhub.us as there are a heck of a lot of pirated/broken/bugged/poor mods on there, plus some of them also contain malware.

PS. Could a mod move this to tech support/modding as this isn't really a bug rep as such.

EDIT: beaten to it by don apple!

Edit don_apple: and moved to the proper location.