Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by Rahkiin »

No. no no

I have NO idea why you assume we have not changed that. And I said before, we did change that. We changed how the whole cost system works for vehicles, so don't use your 'Giants' 'knowledge' for this, and try it out again, with Seasons.

And no, Giants coding for that part is not 'running', now how you think it is.

We on purpose did not subtract values from the operating hours. It would be illegal and unrealistic. In the Garage / vehicles page in the ingame menu, you can see information about your vehicles. The daily cost will go down when you repair. Also, the sale price goes up.
If you want, you can note down somewhere when you repaired it. (It is also available int he vehicles.xml).

And that giants script is _not_ running. (Not the way you think it is). We changed the whole upkeep and sale price algorithm.

EDIT: As you repair every 30 hours, you can know the last time you repaired by doing 30-(number that is in the F1 menu)
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

Rahkiin wrote:No. no no

I have NO idea why you assume we have not changed that. And I said before, we did change that. We changed how the whole cost system works for vehicles, so don't use your 'Giants' 'knowledge' for this, and try it out again, with Seasons.

And no, Giants coding for that part is not 'running', now how you think it is.

We on purpose did not subtract values from the operating hours. It would be illegal and unrealistic. In the Garage / vehicles page in the ingame menu, you can see information about your vehicles. The daily cost will go down when you repair. Also, the sale price goes up.
If you want, you can note down somewhere when you repaired it. (It is also available int he vehicles.xml).

And that giants script is _not_ running. (Not the way you think it is). We changed the whole upkeep and sale price algorithm.

EDIT: As you repair every 30 hours, you can know the last time you repaired by doing 30-(number that is in the F1 menu)
Ok... sounds like a fair argument... I will test it again more closely as based on your argument. If i'm wrong, I need to know that.

I appreciate your patience, and apologize for the negative disruption.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ No, that isn't how it works. It's going to have 30 hours no matter what you replace or repair
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
High Cotton

Post by High Cotton »

The 30 hour maintence cost is not necessarily equivelent to say replacing and engine or transmission. It's replicate the preventive maintance and or wear parts cost. For example keeping equipment running properly things such as Oil, filters, tires, batteries and Etc will need to be replaced. Most farmers do there maintance in their down time in the winter or summer when planting and harvesting are not in full swing.
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

High Cotton wrote:The 30 hour maintence cost is not necessarily equivelent to say replacing and engine or transmission. It's replicate the preventive maintance and or wear parts cost. For example keeping equipment running properly things such as Oil, filters, tires, batteries and Etc will need to be replaced. Most farmers do there maintance in their down time in the winter or summer when planting and harvesting are not in full swing.

He was not referring to the 30 hour maintenance cost. The question was regarding why we still get charged the daily maintenance "fee" - I am also curious about this. What is the daily maintenance fee meant to represent, if we are already manually maintaining the vehicles periodically?
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

The daily maintenance fee is 'taxes' and 'deprecation' :P Maybe some interest. Maybe just a bit of oil. Due to balance we had to keep it in.
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

Rahkiin wrote:The daily maintenance fee is 'taxes' and 'deprecation' :P Maybe some interest. Maybe just a bit of oil. Due to balance we had to keep it in.
My "immersion" can work with that :)
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
MetalCage

Post by MetalCage »

Maybe I missed it while reading through the post but I thought I would ask. I'm playing County Line with Season on a dedicated server and love it.

I'm trying to work with sheep at the moment in the summer months. My question is with grass bales disappearing after 2 days it makes it very difficult to preplan for feeding them. My biggest concern is they eat grass or hay. During the winter months this will be very difficult to manage with season length set to 24 days if bales disappear every 2 days. So I ask the community if you all have sheep in the winter what are you feeding them and how do you maintain their food storage. Would it be in my best interest to wait to harvest my grass until the last days of autumn?
empato

Post by empato »

Only grass will disappear, so you should use hay. If hay bales are stored under a roof they will not rot at all
MetalCage

Post by MetalCage »

Sweet thanks for the quick response. I will do that.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Anyone know of a good American map, that is fully set up for seasons mod? Also the map needs to allow you to cut trees. County line looks good, but as far as I know its not ready for season mod, as it dont have snow mask, and there is no place to sell logs. I dont know why some of the US maps, dont have logging, as we do cut down a fair amount of trees, and especially a lot of trimming trees in fence rows IRL here in the US.
So if anyof you know of a really nice US map, that is set up with snow mask, please let me know? Thanks
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Are you on PC or on console. On PC I can recommend "Maverick Farm V5. It`s a 4x map with big fields, a lot of additional productions and fully seasons ready. You can find it on modhoster.

I can also recommend the "Inntal Reloaded" which is a rebuilding of the goldcrest valley. Also lots of productions, but can be handled with smaller and medium sized equipment. You can find it here: http://wowhalli.de/
Kristaok

Post by Kristaok »

I just put in Seasons so I'm pretty new to all of this, I mostly play on Easy since I'm sort of new to FS. :P

I just planted some Canola I'm on Early Spring, I hope it sticks and grows. :P

Thank you to the creator of Seasons <3
Last edited by Kristaok on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To everything there is a Season
and a time to every purpose under Heaven."
Ecclesiastes 3:1
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Serenity Valley is a nice US map with a ton of extras. Seasons ready too
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

TobiHH wrote:Are you on PC or on console. On PC I can recommend "Maverick Farm V5. It`s a 4x map with big fields, a lot of additional productions and fully seasons ready. You can find it on modhoster.

I can also recommend the "Inntal Reloaded" which is a rebuilding of the goldcrest valley. Also lots of productions, but can be handled with smaller and medium sized equipment. You can find it here: http://wowhalli.de/

Im on PC, I saw Maverick farm, but it looks kind of plain, with all square fields, IRL not all of our fields are square, I wish they were,lol. Would really like to see a US map based on the Midwest, and being seasons ready.