Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
wildberry

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by wildberry »

I noticed when doing missions that FPS is stable, outside of missions is drops every 10 s or so. What is shut off during missions that that fps drop only is seen outside of missions?
MC, aka Master of Cereals
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

I do not think it is the fault of seasons but the game itself
Just wondering if they could make adjustment's in Seasons to balance this a bit
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

abslayer wrote:This property maintenance cost is getting out of hand now over $825.00 every day for maintaining the buildings NUTS NUTS
Machinery maintenance costs makes sense , maintaining the buildings does not , way to high
That's about half a tree per day. Cheap as hell.
Buildings require maintenance just as much as vehicles do.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

henrikf wrote:The new economy screen for crops and animals is really great. Well done.
Don't know if this is possible, but have you considered making a yearly finance screen showing the same numbers from the "normal" finance screen but using years instead of days? I would really like to compare my finances each year.
+1 for "yearly finance screen"! Since the seasons are well, seasonal, current daily screen does not show much. In winter you don't see any cost related to fert or seeds etc.
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

Drmattymd wrote:
abslayer wrote:This property maintenance cost is getting out of hand now over $825.00 every day for maintaining the buildings NUTS NUTS
Machinery maintenance costs makes sense , maintaining the buildings does not , way to high
Seriously, if all youre gonna do is complain about the mod then just dont use it. They said seasons doenst change the price of maintenance.
abslayer wrote:I do not think it is the fault of seasons but the game itself
Really try reading all of post before you S--- on me
This is getting to be the most unfriendly forum I have ever been on :hmm:
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

henrikf wrote:The new economy screen for crops and animals is really great. Well done.
Don't know if this is possible, but have you considered making a yearly finance screen showing the same numbers from the "normal" finance screen but using years instead of days? I would really like to compare my finances each year.
Thanks. Yes we have noted the many wishes about a way to display annual accounts. Can't make any promises, but understand it would be a very handy feature.
wildberry wrote:I noticed when doing missions that FPS is stable, outside of missions is drops every 10 s or so. What is shut off during missions that that fps drop only is seen outside of missions?
Are you sure this is due to Seasons? Have you checked whether a similar effect can be observed withtout any mods? And then only with Seasons?
abslayer wrote:I do not think it is the fault of seasons but the game itself
This is the first time we hear about too high property maintenance. I had to check the code again to see what we actually do. First we do a normalization of the daily cost given by the game so you will pay the same annually, no matter what season length you use. As a consequence that you pay more per day on a 3-day season, than on a 24-day season. Then we do a slight increase of costs depending on age. But this age effect is quite small unless you have played several years. This is natural as you should be spending more to maintain older buildings than new ones.

Then we also affect the sell price of placeables. Not sure if anyone has played that long, but the sell price can become negative. Meaning it is no longer worth anything and you have to pay to get it demolished. At this point the maintenance costs will be quite high.

Maybe you can tell what kind of placeables you have that gives daily cost of $825?
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

reallogger wrote:Are you sure this is due to Seasons? Have you checked whether a similar effect can be observed withtout any mods? And then only with Seasons?
Yeah, extensively tested, on an i7 with GTX 1060. Just vanilla maps + Seasons: can run at tweaked 200% without any issue. Even with unselected other mods in folder, or even when using them all at same time.

Modmap (Lossberg, Stappenbach, Agrovation) and Seasons 1.2, and nothing else in mod folder: no matter what game settings I use be it bottom lowest or Custom highest, every 5 seconds or so there is negative fps spike, without even moving in game. That is for a game where I have been everywhere on map, on normal time.

As it also happens with these maps when game settings are at bottom lowest possible it must be Seasons, as these maps run fine on 200% Very High Custom settings without Seasons installed. Which just makes me wonder what Seasons does every 5 second.

Doing missions on aforementioned modmaps with Seasons the fps is an extremely very steady 60 fps on vsync (monitor is locked at 60, no way to unlock it). Once mission is done, after a few seconds or so there is a quick drop to 59 fps... then after that it starts again, about every 5 seconds: dropping to about 43 fps but shooting to 60 fps within about 2 seconds. If you're moving in any way in the game this negative fps spike creates freeze frames on my monitor, so no fluid movement at all. Which is utterly annoying, especially when e.g. sowing fields that are not square.

As I said, these modmaps work fine on 200% Custom High setting with no Seasons. The tests were done with just Seasons 1.2 and one Modmap at a time in the mod folder. Therefore it just makes me wonder what Seasons is doing in the background. I am lousy at LUA so thought to just ask if Seasons (re)loads something every few seconds.

Also, tested on 9, 6 and 3 day Seasons settings. On 3 days it is worse than on 9 days. Have not tested it on 12 days or more as that would be an unplayable time setting requiring a time fast forward mod. This is all single player. On another forum I wrote about it and people asked about programmes running in background etc, well, system is tweaked to have Windows 10 run as little as possible to give as much resources to games as posisble. I checked and GTX 1060 is being used for the game. Installed MSI Afterburner, which showed fps as a heartbeat with just mod map + Seasons, and stable without Seasons. As my system is quite new and not lacking speed nor has a bad videocard I am just confused by the fps spikes, as it doesn;t really make sense why it occurs when using Seasons. So therefore my question: does Seasons do something every few seconds?

Finally, not a complaint, as I love this addition. Playing without Seasons has gotten boring, but playing with it causes annoying jumpy movement due to these fps drops. :confusednew:
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

What size of ram have you got?
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Thefisherj wrote:What size of ram have you got?
Top of my head 6 GB, might be 8 though... not sure, but not the 2 nor the 3 GB versions.
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

It might be full on background apps. I have 8gb but thinking of upgrading it to 3200hz 16gb ram
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

This is all the add on mods to game
FS17_powerLights /
FS17_Grain_Storage_Silo /
FS17_placeable_Beiser_Fertiliser_BsM
FS17_placeableRefillStation /FS17_repairVehicles
The big machine shed from game not a mod
To pressure washers
The rest loaded with the new Plat game map
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Don't use repairVehicles together with Seasons
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

Then how do you get your tractors and harvesters to keep running
When needs mat. comes up about ever 9 to 12 days and if I do not repair they keep stopping and become very hard to start.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Seasons has it's own repair system, and the stand alone mod conflicts with it because they are both trying to do the same thing in different ways.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

So if I remove repair mod Conflicts disappear along with things like not running and stopping .
So may I ask how does seasons repair stuff?