Service vehicle

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Guil

Re: Service vehicle

Post by Guil »

Been honest I have no clue. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to put your log file here and someone might notice a mod that could cause the problem. Click the spoiler button before pasting it if you can please.

Also one quick way to check that I have seen others mention is simply rename your mod folder to anything and then start the game. It won't load any mods because the folder is 'missing' and then try it on one of the vanilla maps. Just make sure you turn off buy seed and fert and fuel.
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

Firstly, apologies for late reply, intermittent wifi (net connectivity) can make this a bit of trial (have moved to the Philippines and have to rely on sporadic wifi....).

Have tried your suggestions and still selling my own products back to myself. Trial was on a new map with NO mods added (excepting the service veh/s) and still, as stated, have to pay for my own products.

Any other suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated. My current workaround is to take note of how much I 'spent' and add that amount to my 'closing funds' in my latest savegame file.

Cheers :hi:
Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
Guil

Post by Guil »

What is the service vehicle that you use. There must be a problem with that because if you get the fuel trailer that's in the game and fill that. Go refill one of your vehicles and you won't be charged a second time.
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

This service vehicle (actually a trailer) has all products needed on board; ie; fuel (once purchased), seeds and fertilizer. Link to vehicle/trailer is in the spoiler.
Guil

Post by Guil »

It seems that only holds 450 litres of each and after that it acts like a placeables sell point. What seeder are you filling with it? It's very possible that you are actually purchasing them from that trailer so your whole way of adding the money back to the xml means you have been getting free seeds all the time over the initial 450L purchase.
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

G'day again, and thanks for the explanation (never thought of checking the 'values' on the trailer /facepalm).

I'm using the Condor currently which holds 3000/5000lts of each, so it seems you're correct about the 'freebie' being so small. I was under the misconception that the trailer was NOT a sellpoint which explains the continual 'drain' of my finances.

Is there a way (yes or no answer will suffice) to change the trailer into a non-sell point, ie; just a resupply point at no cost?

Guil

Post by Guil »

I'd imagine if you edit the xml and say make it hold 10,000 of each then you won't be charged until it uses more than that. Look for capacity and 450. Change that value to whatever you like.
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

Thanks much for that, didn't even think of that (facepalm) even though I do it with the 'Farm Silos', especially when they can only initially hold 250k lts of each..... and this is on the "Big" farms.....

Will dabble with the xml :gamer: and make necessary changes, again, thanks much for the help Guil.