[WIP] Utility Trailer

Smith Modding

[WIP] Utility Trailer

Post by Smith Modding »

Smith Modding here :hi: I am making a Utility Trailer for PC that will eventually end up in consoles. I have a question: For the ramp, should I do one solid ramp, or two separate ramps? Look in the pictures for examples
One Ramp
https://image.giants-software.com/index ... codes=true
Two Ramps
Thanks *thumbsup*
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
juf.de

Re: [WIP] Utility Trailer

Post by juf.de »

In my opinion the one with two seperate ramps looks better, but if you would choose that version i recommend creating a collision like the single ramp vor gameplay reasons.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
garyst

Post by garyst »

I like the two ramp version.
OkieFarmer

Post by OkieFarmer »

2 ramps, for sure.
OkieFarmer

Post by OkieFarmer »

It would also be cool if they could slide back and forth for different wheel base lengths, but I could see that being hard to do, and probably make it incompatible with xbox.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Ok thanks! I just didn't know what people would prefer. The coding is all done, and im about 25% done with the model.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Brad_02 wrote:Ok thanks! I just didn't know what people would prefer. The coding is all done, and im about 25% done with the model.
Perfect!! A trailer for my skid steer, oh and if you want my input (doesn't look like you need it, as it seems unanimous for 2 ramp) I think 2 ramp, but collision like 1 ramp like someone has stated before. And once again thanks for making this, hopfully it can make it to console :wink3:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

redglasses wrote:
Brad_02 wrote:Ok thanks! I just didn't know what people would prefer. The coding is all done, and im about 25% done with the model.
Perfect!! A trailer for my skid steer, oh and if you want my input (doesn't look like you need it, as it seems unanimous for 2 ramp) I think 2 ramp, but collision like 1 ramp like someone has stated before. And once again thanks for making this, hopfully it can make it to console :wink3:
No prob! :hi: I know consoles want mods and I'm trying to make some for them.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Brad_02 wrote:
redglasses wrote:
No prob! :hi: I know consoles want mods and I'm trying to make some for them.
*thumbsup*
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I've done all of what I'm doing today, and won't get to work on it this weekend due to family events and such, but here it is so far. Any ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated! :hi:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
TSM

Post by TSM »

Nice start :), tip from me don't make ramps to short as vehicle driving up it tends to push trailer.

You going to use Giants scripted animation?
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Tycoonspaceman wrote:Nice start :), tip from me don't make ramps to short as vehicle driving up it tends to push trailer.

You going to use Giants scripted animation?
Not entirely sure. I'm actually not sure how to add an animation but I figured I'd look it up on YouTube .
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
TSM

Post by TSM »

This mod http://marhu.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=204&t=4900 has great example of scripted ramp and it would work on consoles aswell, Blender sadly cannot make a proper anim to work in Giants Editor.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Thanks for the reference! I'll look at it and watch some videos and we'll see what happens!
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
novass

Post by novass »

Brad...looking great..one ramp...two ramp...two ramp looks better..but one ramp all wheel widths would work. but sounds like you choose already..can't wait .looks great dude..thank you..console users need this..pc probably has one to ten already..take care....Chris