North West Texas 4X

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
averydan

North West Texas 4X

Post by averydan »

Dear Txzar,
Seeing your map on mod hub and it looks amazing! Oh how I would be honored to use this map on console.
If it ain't red
leave it in the shed
Jwolfm3

Re: North West Texas 4X

Post by Jwolfm3 »

4x can't be on console yet
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Yeah i love it too. Maybe they can shrink it to meet console specs.
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

Only standard size maps are compatible with consoles...
By that, he would have to resize the map, which might be impossible...
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I don't believe that a 4x map is not compatible with consoles. because GTA V map is 49 square miles and the Witcher 3 is 52 square miles
eric21

Post by eric21 »

lefe1 wrote:I don't believe that a 4x map is not compatible with consoles. because GTA V map is 49 square miles and the Witcher 3 is 52 square miles
Different game engine and others. Also theres 2 errors that need fixing
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

Hey this map would need larger field gates/doors, isn't it? BigBud with triple wheels can't pass through :shock:
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

Hi everyone,
I just started on this map and I like it till now, but I've discovered a lighting anomaly(I think)...

Anyone is feeling that the night on this map is a lot too dark?
I mean, like complete darkness at 22:00 can't see anything but the horizon... *thumbsdown*

Here's the situation: @ around 16:20, all my work is finished, accelerating time ->120x.
@ 22:00: :shock: Panic! nothing on screen but the hud
Move the camera with mouse, realize it's not a graphic issue, but can't see anything but a "NPC field purchase/mission icon", the small blue dot...
re-accelerating time -> 120x, untill around 23:00 where we recover some normal night vision...
I hope this bug is already known and will be fixed soon, 'caus I won't play this map any longer 'till it's fixed... :sadnew:
Farmer2B

Post by Farmer2B »

Might want to check your log, I have been playing this map for a few weeks and have not had this issue, I don't think it's a bug.
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

Yeah I've been looking at this yesterday and apparently it's a feature of this map, simulating a period of moon-less night...
Might also depend of the gamma level? Mine is at a "normal" setting, it's @ 1.0... My screen have a pretty good brightness level, If I put the game's gamma higher, during in-game daytime it's blinding...

Personnally, I think the creator went a little bit far on the darkness for this time of the night...
longhaul444

Post by longhaul444 »

LOL those of us who have driven thru Texas in a semi know all too well about this level of darkness. To me it is very realistic. The only issue I am having with this map is how the hell do you feed the sheep grass? I have tried to put it in the trough and the trailer won't unload. Tried several different trailers and approaches to getting sheep their grass and have yet to figure out how to get it into the troughs. I used a conveyor belt in the last map to deliver the grass to them. Anyone else have this issue? How do you guys feed the sheep?
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

lefe1 wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:14 am I don't believe that a 4x map is not compatible with consoles. because GTA V map is 49 square miles and the Witcher 3 is 52 square miles
You're comparing apples to hard-boiled eggs.
heyimbill.com
gearhed502

Post by gearhed502 »

longhaul444 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:07 pm LOL those of us who have driven thru Texas in a semi know all too well about this level of darkness. To me it is very realistic. The only issue I am having with this map is how the hell do you feed the sheep grass? I have tried to put it in the trough and the trailer won't unload. Tried several different trailers and approaches to getting sheep their grass and have yet to figure out how to get it into the troughs. I used a conveyor belt in the last map to deliver the grass to them. Anyone else have this issue? How do you guys feed the sheep?
I use the stock forage wagons. The trigger is a pain to find, I usually have to back up several times to find it.
longhaul444

Post by longhaul444 »

ok Thanks for that clue. I've tried several wagons and drop points and nothing seems to work. Even went so far as to take a side dump down the length of the trough and nothing. Guess it's a back up, nope...pull forward, move over, back up....... rinse, repeat.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

I think to feed the sheep you need to drive into the pasture.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks