Console Mod Request.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
brendand2583

Console Mod Request.

Post by brendand2583 »

My name is Brendan.

I am looking at the ITRunner mods for the Semi trucks by Vanquish081. I like all 3 packs and would love to see them on the console. Any ideas on to the status of the mod? Also looking at the Fendt GT 255 by Farmer Andy, the CLAAS Axion, Tatra Pheonix Agro Pack, and the woodstack placeable. Sorry if I'm being rude or pushy, just curious about the mods as they are mostly in Beta and no way to check about planned ones for console.

Thank you very much!
JohnDeere318

Re: Console Mod Request.

Post by JohnDeere318 »

They are in BETA because there are errors. I cannot tell you how long it will take, but from what I have seen, nothing makes it out of BETA, but I have seen a few, for the most part, sorry, this won't happen sadly.

There is also this thread: viewtopic.php?f=893&t=111060
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

It all depends on whether the modder wants to take the time to fix the errors, or change the mod to fit the rules for console mods.
It may be that the mod works flawlessly on PC, but causes errors when loaded onto a console, as is the case with 4x4km maps. If this is the case then I can see how it would be incredibly frustrating for a modder, as they have no way of checking their attempted fix before resubmitting it to Giants. By the time they have done that a time or two, I can see why they'd move onto the next project.
I am a bit surprised that Giants don't take it upon themselves to fix some of these in demand mods, but they're a small company, in the scheme of things, and I'm sure they're busy.
Maybe they do, and give credit to the original author, for all I know.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Let me clear some thing up, before anymore false information gets around:

Beta Mods do not have any errors, a mod stays beta as long as the author did not publish at least 3 selfmade mods.

Mods which are mostly based on Giants modells will not lose its beta status and therefore not released on console, since Giants wants the modders to create there own mods and prevent that there are 20x the same tractor with only small changes.

Brands, which Giants has no license for will never be released on console <--- blame Microsoft/sony for it

Mods which contain scripts will also never be released on console <--- blame Microsoft/sony for it
Last edited by juf.de on Tue May 23, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Oh that's right. My apologies, I thought they had errors in them - that's just what I have heard from others.

Edit: fixed spelling of a word.
Last edited by JohnDeere318 on Tue May 23, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

How to post your log.txt
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

No need to apologize, i just wanted to clear it up, before some folks spam the forum again with false accusations or informations ;-)
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I hear ya @juf.de. :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

juf.de wrote:Let me clear some thing up, before anymore false information gets around:

Beta Mods do not have any errors, a mod stays beta as long as the author did not publish at least 3 selfmade mods.

Mods which are mostly based on Giants modells will not lose its beta status and therefore not released on console, since Giants wants the modders to create there own mods and prevent that there are 20x the same tractor with only small changes.

Brands, which Giants has no license for will never be released on console <--- blame Microsoft/sony for it

Mods which contain scripts will also never be released on console <--- blame Microsoft/sony for it
I hate that we cant have slightly modified versions of in game equipment. I know why they do it, it just angers me slightly, because there could be so many good mods that will never make it to console. :sadnew:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Calvert35

Post by Calvert35 »

https://youtu.be/2SY6nEiitp4

Can someone please make this mod for the xbox1 console. And also the hay storage building building can someone update it to be able to.hold grass in there as well. Please please I want the trailer as a mod
Davo79

Post by Davo79 »

juf.de wrote:Brands, which Giants has no license for will never be released on console <--- blame Microsoft/sony for it

Only Sony is to blame. Microsoft allows outside scripts e.g. fo4 slur in etc etc. Sony however doesn't hence the reason Sony can't play Xbox in multiplayer. They were working on a deal to be able too but Sony wouldn't allow the scripts.
Giants originated mods require a license yes. However 3rd party mods do not because they are not being sold. If they are free there is no profit being made from them therefore no laws are being broken. It is giants decision not to allow them for consoles not Sony or Microsoft's decision. Take battlefield for example there are weapons that are not licensed by the owners of the patents yet no lawsuits have come about. Or a better example you buy a movie and show it to your friends for free now laws broken, if you charge them you broke the law.

Edit don_apple: fixed quoting
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

never say never
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

@Davo:
Battlefield is not FS17 and not made by Giants and therefor can't be compared as EA and Microsoft/Sony may have a different agreement then Giants and Microsoft/Sony.
As there is no more option to mod Battlefield (for example to fix all the bugs) you can't compare them at all. The only other games with enabled modding for consoles i know of are Fallout 4 and Skyrim and even those migth have different terms and conditions then Giants.
Playing on PC
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

juf.de wrote: Beta Mods do not have any errors, a mod stays beta as long as the author did not publish at least 3 selfmade mods.
Beta Mods as well as non-Beta actually can have errors (otherwise there wouldn't be a need for 'ModHub Mod Bug-Report' sections), the main difference between Beta and non-Beta mods besides the one you have already mentioned is that Beta Mods are actually not that thoroughly tested by Giants Mod test team (they are only briefly checked on the Windows Version of the game as far as I know). So the likelihood that something in the game might break is higher when using Beta Mods, and this is one of the reasons why Beta Mods are not available on the consoles
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Thanks for the correction, i'm aware of this, but tried to keep the posts as simple and short as possible.
Besides the chance, that mods which are release on the modhub, contain erros is next to none, compared to those released on other sides.
Playing on PC
Davo79

Post by Davo79 »

juf.de wrote:@Davo:
Battlefield is not FS17 and not made by Giants and therefor can't be compared as EA and Microsoft/Sony may have a different agreement then Giants and Microsoft/Sony.
As there is no more option to mod Battlefield (for example to fix all the bugs) you can't compare them at all. The only other games with enabled modding for consoles i know of are Fallout 4 and Skyrim and even those migth have different terms and conditions then Giants.
Fo4 and skyrim do not have mods on PlayStation only Xbox. And if brands like class or john deere required licensing then giants could not put them on mod hub period yet they show up all the time for pc and Mac. So until someone from giants comes out and gives is an exact reason why they can't for console then anything anybody says is pure speculation.
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."