Console Mod Request.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
juf.de

Re: Console Mod Request.

Post by juf.de »

The problem with licenses affects only consoles, thats why they appear in the website modhub. - has been said multiple times by giants employes in the german as well as the english forum, search stegeis posts if you don't believe it.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

How about a placeable stand alone grain silo.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Davo79

Post by Davo79 »

juf.de wrote:The problem with licenses affects only consoles, thats why they appear in the website modhub. - has been said multiple times by giants employes in the german as well as the english forum, search stegeis posts if you don't believe it.
The only time giants would be violating a license is if they originate the mod, charge for the download or pay the mod originator. Even in the pc world you can't take say Chevrolet's logo or name put it on something and sell it. If you give it away for free there's no violation of a law. If you charge a penny for it you're in trouble. Now if giants were to charge a membership fee for a website like the mod hub and gave the content away for free there is still no violation of a law. The Chinese sell stuff all the time wether it's car parts clothing you name it with no license agreement and ship it all over the world. You can buy a john deere emblem that fell off your tractor from them and put it on your tractor. If there would be a some sort of law being broken then they could never get it imported into the United States. Now does that make it right? No it doesn't but at the same time it's legal.
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I think you missunderstood my, as english isn't my first language i also migth have used not the correct words, what i wanted to say is, that there was/is an agreement between Giants and Sony/MS to allow mods on consoles, up until now it's still one of the few games out there which has modsupport for consoles after all. But to get this agreement working Giants had to restrict the mods on consoles to only allow brands which Giants already has a license for.

Like a wrote before search for stegeis statements regarding this, i just repeat in my one words what he wrote here in the forum.

And no need for you to teach me how licenseing in general works, this isn't the first discussion regarding console mods in here ;-)
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Calvert35 wrote:https://youtu.be/2SY6nEiitp4

Can someone please make this mod for the xbox1 console. And also the hay storage building building can someone update it to be able to.hold grass in there as well. Please please I want the trailer as a mod
The mod has scripts in it, so it cannot be made for the console. There is a post just a few posts above yours which already mention this.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Davo79 wrote:
juf.de wrote:Brands, which Giants has no license for will never be released on console <--- blame Microsoft/sony for it

Mods which contain scripts will also never be released on console <--- blame Microsoft/sony for it
Only Sony is to blame. Microsoft allows outside scripts e.g. fo4 slur in etc etc. Sony however doesn't hence the reason Sony can't play Xbox in multiplayer. They were working on a deal to be able too but Sony wouldn't allow the scripts.
Giants originated mods require a license yes. However 3rd party mods do not because they are not being sold. If they are free there is no profit being made from them therefore no laws are being broken. It is giants decision not to allow them for consoles not Sony or Microsoft's decision. Take battlefield for example there are weapons that are not licensed by the owners of the patents yet no lawsuits have come about. Or a better example you buy a movie and show it to your friends for free now laws broken, if you charge them you broke the law.

Edit don_apple: fixed quoting
Sorry, but this is not correct. All executable code has to be vetted by Microsoft and Sony if it's to be run on a console, hence why mods with scripts are not allowed.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

How about some customizable decals for the pickups and big rigs.Then you could put your farm name or truck company on them.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Most of that decal stuff would have to be for GE. Unless, GIANTS makes it integrated down the road.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

theSeb wrote:
Calvert35 wrote:https://youtu.be/2SY6nEiitp4

Can someone please make this mod for the xbox1 console. And also the hay storage building building can someone update it to be able to.hold grass in there as well. Please please I want the trailer as a mod
The mod has scripts in it, so it cannot be made for the console. There is a post just a few posts above yours which already mention this.
If it could be on console, it'd have to be for all platforms, it wouldn't be fair if Xbox1 got different stuff than PlayStation 4.
Davo79

Post by Davo79 »

theSeb wrote:
Davo79 wrote:
juf.de wrote:Brands, which Giants has no license for will never be released on console <--- blame Microsoft/sony for it

Mods which contain scripts will also never be released on console <--- blame Microsoft/sony for it
Only Sony is to blame. Microsoft allows outside scripts e.g. fo4 slur in etc etc. Sony however doesn't hence the reason Sony can't play Xbox in multiplayer. They were working on a deal to be able too but Sony wouldn't allow the scripts.
Giants originated mods require a license yes. However 3rd party mods do not because they are not being sold. If they are free there is no profit being made from them therefore no laws are being broken. It is giants decision not to allow them for consoles not Sony or Microsoft's decision. Take battlefield for example there are weapons that are not licensed by the owners of the patents yet no lawsuits have come about. Or a better example you buy a movie and show it to your friends for free now laws broken, if you charge them you broke the law.

Edit don_apple: fixed quoting
Sorry, but this is not correct. All executable code has to be vetted by Microsoft and Sony if it's to be run on a console, hence why mods with scripts are not allowed.
Yet Microsoft allows them and Sony doesn't hence the reason why there's no cross compatability. Yet if a Mac user wants to play multiplayer with a pc user they can. 2 completely different operating systems. It's more on how they connect to the network I guess. Consoles go through one server to get online and another to play the game.
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."
averydan

Post by averydan »

I would love to have a cabless tractor option, preferably the International Harvester 86 series type and a wide winged bush hog cutter. It'd be cool to be able to keep the grass cut around the fields while they grew. I know I have the hay cutters but, they leave cut grass to be picked up.
If it ain't red
leave it in the shed
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

BSM is making a cabless Massey.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

How about some lamp posts for console.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

Mattsson77

Post by Mattsson77 »

Still waitning for fendt 1000 serie for console
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Take your time modders