[SOLVED]Working on semi-truck mod, problem: added stuff not shoing in-game...

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
TSM

Re: Working on semi-truck mod, problem: added stuff not shoing in-game...

Post by TSM »

i have a vague memory from FS15 where I had put the beacon visible into the same group that the lights where in and it only made them visible when beacons were activated.
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

Tycoonspaceman wrote:i have a vague memory from FS15 where I had put the beacon visible into the same group that the lights where in and it only made them visible when beacons were activated.
He sent it to me I got him fixed up he did not have the real lights pasted into the conora's he had them seperate which would work in fs15 but fs 17 changed how they setup plus who ever turned that truck into a mod had the lights in xml file all messed up got him taken care of though its always easier for me just to do it than trying to exsplain it
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
TSM

Post by TSM »

makes sense :D
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

After many tries I've managed to get lights working somehow, but it's probly a bad fix.
I found pretty quickly by myself that the stuff that wasn't visible had to be moved in the truck's content.
The corona's problem, maybe with some work I could have eventually understood how it works...
I made the mod by importing the in-game TX 415 in GE, searched online for informations about the lights section of the XML file, and did some tries from the infos I found...

I'll check how Thunder fixed it and I'll learn a lot from his fix I'm pretty sure!

The ground-stuck camera problem must be something I made wrong...

Guys, I began to use GE monday at around 20:00... Give me some credits here for how far I went by myself!
TSM

Post by TSM »

you learn lots by breaking mods first :D
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

CanProFarm wrote:After many tries I've managed to get lights working somehow, but it's probly a bad fix.
I found pretty quickly by myself that the stuff that wasn't visible had to be moved in the truck's content.
The corona's problem, maybe with some work I could have eventually understood how it works...
I made the mod by importing the in-game TX 415 in GE, searched online for informations about the lights section of the XML file, and did some tries from the infos I found...

I'll check how Thunder fixed it and I'll learn a lot from his fix I'm pretty sure!

The ground-stuck camera problem must be something I made wrong...

Guys, I began to use GE monday at around 20:00... Give me some credits here for how far I went by myself!
We will help all we can hey iv been doing this for over 3years and Im still learning thing about GE & FS modding in general
And yes The camera was due to not saving mod with camera from behind mod close to where it was before the edit this is a must do to keep camera from going bonkers as you seen LOL
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

Also NOTE Any light index's you add to the XML lights must be in both high and low section to work both high and low section must match the other you will see in my edited version
Nvidia GTX 660ti
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

Yes I've noticed your changes in the XML file...

I've tested your version, and I've found a problem, no more reversing lights... Was it a sacrifice you had to make for the LightBars?
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

CanProFarm wrote:Yes I've noticed your changes in the XML file...

I've tested your version, and I've found a problem, no more reversing lights... Was it a sacrifice you had to make for the LightBars?
no a index must have gotten off I will redo and resend it
This mod mod dont have any reverse lights checked both XML and i3d No reverse lights period
Last edited by thunderhawk on Wed May 24, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nvidia GTX 660ti
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

ok good 'caus I was checking/comparing with a fresh TX(vanilla import from store in GE) and I'm not sure to understand enough to fix it myself as you used a different hierarchy than the original version... :|
Chainsawcrazy

Post by Chainsawcrazy »

Would love to see your boss truck on XB1
Infrastructure contractor tasty beef farmer
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

CanProFarm wrote:ok good 'caus I was checking/comparing with a fresh TX(vanilla import from store in GE) and I'm not sure to understand enough to fix it myself as you used a different hierarchy than the original version... :|
Just check the Default game truck it never had reverse light the default one does not have them either
Nvidia GTX 660ti
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

thunderhawk wrote:
CanProFarm wrote:ok good 'caus I was checking/comparing with a fresh TX(vanilla import from store in GE) and I'm not sure to understand enough to fix it myself as you used a different hierarchy than the original version... :|
Just check the Default game truck it never had reverse light the default one does not have them either
Damn you're right! it's the trailer which have backing lights... That solves the question... :mrgreen:

What if I'd want to add a backing light bar? I already placed a 4 spot bar on the truck, it has the root "index path" 0>16.
What would be the XML lines to add? just give one of low and high, the 3 others must be copy-paste with the last digit changing?
I am doing some trials, but no hit till now...
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

Chainsawcrazy wrote:Would love to see your boss truck on XB1
Sorry, but I really need to sharpen my tools by doing a PC version first(easier to edit and test), you understand?

Eventually if it goes well, maybe I'll take a try for consoles but it isn't in my objectives for now...
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

Huge thanks to ThunderHawk for placing me on the right path:¸

I've completed the second phase of my project: Adding Light bars and enabling truck's high beam lights
1. Bumper, 4 Work spots rallye-style light pattern, medium beam long range
2. Top cab, 6 Work spots just over the sun blocker, wide beam, medium-long
3. BackCab(lighting back side) 2 rows 3 intensity:
Lower row
a. 2 lights low intensity
b. 3 lights high intensity
High row
c. 4 spots Work Lights, medium-long range, wide beam

Again, Thanks to T.H:
Respective low,high and work intensity stages are enabled by pressing "F" key for each stages, as tractors.

ScreenShots to come.

I'll get working on the 3rd stage of my project: adding strobe-style(flashing) DEL beacon lights on the truck.