BSM 950 rig

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
redglasses

Re: BSM 950 rig

Post by redglasses »

PigKing wrote:Ok guys I have to enlighten you people on terminology in the world of commercial vehicles because my buddy has a CDL. Steer-axles only have two wheels on the axle. The term dually mean 2 wheels on each end of an axle. Tandem means 2 axles together, so if have two axles on a trailer, that's a tandem axle trailer. A tridem means three axles. For example a three axle trailer has tridems. Now any axle that you can raise off the ground is called a drop axle. It's that way in America. I hope this clears the air. Let me know if there's any confusion because I am here to help.
I don't drive a truck and I knew that, I think 75% of people in this thread knew this as well, only part I didn't know about is tridem, we call them tri axles here. So really all this thread is is just people saying what is called in their country, and your doing the same
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
PigKing

Post by PigKing »

redglasses wrote:
PigKing wrote:Ok guys I have to enlighten you people on terminology in the world of commercial vehicles because my buddy has a CDL. Steer-axles only have two wheels on the axle. The term dually mean 2 wheels on each end of an axle. Tandem means 2 axles together, so if have two axles on a trailer, that's a tandem axle trailer. A tridem means three axles. For example a three axle trailer has tridems. Now any axle that you can raise off the ground is called a drop axle. It's that way in America. I hope this clears the air. Let me know if there's any confusion because I am here to help.
I don't drive a truck and I knew that, I think 75% of people in this thread knew this as well, only part I didn't know about is tridem, we call them tri axles here. So really all this thread is is just people saying what is called in their country, and your doing the same
I understand that. Most big rig drivers call them tri -axles though.
PigKing

Post by PigKing »

Look the reason i asked for the truck to be geared down is because horsepower is the speed you hit the wall whereas torque is how much force you hit the wall with therefore the short of it is horsepower is your acceleration where torque does all the heavy lifting or in this case pulling has engines are widely used in cars because they are less expensive to maintain and not to mention the don't cost as much as diesel engines which are widely used on vehicles that are used for heavier loads because they burn the fuel at higher and more efficient temperature which translates to more torque diesel engines are more reliable than gasoline engines because they are built with a lot more material and when properly maintained and used last a lot longer than gas engines here is a video which matches my research in general https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TCzNHgZdWUk
Guil

Post by Guil »

A better description of torque and horsepower is,
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you bring it.
PigKing

Post by PigKing »

Guil wrote:A better description of torque and horsepower is,
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you bring it.
thank you I didn't think of that one
Sonek4

Post by Sonek4 »

eric21 wrote:
Sonek4 wrote:
Pensarethebest wrote: In the us it is common.
Almost every truck here in Brazil does it nowaday...
There's a Brazilian insta account for trucks in Brazil. None of them have on what u mention
https://goo.gl/photos/Uv4w49KGm5Ssqtad7
https://goo.gl/photos/N3xUehDJPMTWjiJu8
https://goo.gl/photos/NskKV565D5vY43TTA
That's enough?
Sonek4
FS 15/17/19/22 on PS4 and XBox One
eric21

Post by eric21 »

No its a 3rd set of Axel's. Look up US dump trucks and cement mixers
Guil

Post by Guil »

eric21 wrote:No its a 3rd set of Axel's. Look up US dump trucks and cement mixers
You seem to be confusing yourself Eric. All those pics you posted have 4 axles.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

He means 3rd axle thats with the drive axle.
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Guil

Post by Guil »

3 axles at the back would still be a 4 axle truck. When you mention x amount of axles on a truck it's the overall number.
novass

Post by novass »

Davo79 wrote:
novass wrote:I hope that both rear duals actually drive.the Pete looking barrelcore truck has dual but both don't drive.it would be great if we could choose floaters on the steer axle and cleated drive in the back.it doesn't look like we get the option foe sleeperless..I wished.great no matter what..Thank you BSM....Chris
You do realize irl the rear axle on a tractor is the driven axle. The front doesn't drive unless the interaxle is locked. Which is only used in inclimate conditions.
I do know my trucks..I know albout the differential in the rear axles and inter axles..the barrelcore don't look right to me so the tests I've done on the barrelcore drives front rear axle and front steer axle back should turn as traction increases and decreases. .but that said.It works great..but it needs some lug rear tires.it has the power but slips in dirt to tge point that...to me..needs a serious set of cleats..or chains..great work BSM...Take care all..Chris
novass

Post by novass »

eric21 wrote:Know your trucks
Eric..I do.
novass

Post by novass »

Davo79 wrote:
JTstractors wrote:
Davo79 wrote:
You do realize irl the rear axle on a tractor is the driven axle. The front doesn't drive unless the interaxle is locked. Which is only used in inclimate conditions.
I believe he is talking about both tandem axles on the rear being powered
The only way to get both sides of the rear axle to spin is with a locker or having the front drive axle engaged via the interaxle lock in real life. If you ran all the time with the interaxle locked or even a locker engaged you'd eat tires for breakfast lunch and dinner, get pushed through corners like you weren't even turning and tear up u joints like they were cardboard. 99.9 percent of the time you never need the interaxle or a locker for that matter. But hey what do I know I've only owned and driven my own trucks for 20 years now. And have only been working on trucks for 25 years since I graduated tech school with papers from paccar,cat,Cummins,eaton and dana/Spicer.
LOL...so true....your right I did't make it clear..sorry to all.Dave you know your stuff..I'm trained diesel mech and automotive as well...I do know.
Sonek4

Post by Sonek4 »

Guil wrote:
eric21 wrote:No its a 3rd set of Axel's. Look up US dump trucks and cement mixers
You seem to be confusing yourself Eric. All those pics you posted have 4 axles.
I've found it confusing too lol. He sayd theres no dual wheel liftable axles, so i got that he meant only an axle with a single wheel could be liftable; obviously That's not true because here in Brazil almost every truck haves a dual wheel liftable axle as i proved by pics. Now he comes with a different kind of trucks so, what's exactly is him talking about lol?
Sonek4
FS 15/17/19/22 on PS4 and XBox One