BSM 950 rig

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
eric21

Re: BSM 950 rig

Post by eric21 »

Its not i think..it is the mod
JTstractors

Post by JTstractors »

Davo79 wrote:
novass wrote:I hope that both rear duals actually drive.the Pete looking barrelcore truck has dual but both don't drive.it would be great if we could choose floaters on the steer axle and cleated drive in the back.it doesn't look like we get the option foe sleeperless..I wished.great no matter what..Thank you BSM....Chris
You do realize irl the rear axle on a tractor is the driven axle. The front doesn't drive unless the interaxle is locked. Which is only used in inclimate conditions.
I believe he is talking about both tandem axles on the rear being powered
Davo79

Post by Davo79 »

JTstractors wrote:
Davo79 wrote:
novass wrote:I hope that both rear duals actually drive.the Pete looking barrelcore truck has dual but both don't drive.it would be great if we could choose floaters on the steer axle and cleated drive in the back.it doesn't look like we get the option foe sleeperless..I wished.great no matter what..Thank you BSM....Chris
You do realize irl the rear axle on a tractor is the driven axle. The front doesn't drive unless the interaxle is locked. Which is only used in inclimate conditions.
The only way to get both sides of the rear axle to spin is with a locker or having the front drive axle engaged via the interaxle lock in real life. If you ran all the time with the interaxle locked or even a locker engaged you'd eat tires for breakfast lunch and dinner, get pushed through corners like you weren't even turning and tear up u joints like they were cardboard. 99.9 percent of the time you never need the interaxle or a locker for that matter. But hey what do I know I've only owned and driven my own trucks for 20 years now. And have only been working on trucks for 25 years since I graduated tech school with papers from paccar,cat,Cummins,eaton and dana/Spicer.
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Davo79 wrote:
JTstractors wrote:
Davo79 wrote:
The only way to get both sides of the rear axle to spin is with a locker or having the front drive axle engaged via the interaxle lock in real life. If you ran all the time with the interaxle locked or even a locker engaged you'd eat tires for breakfast lunch and dinner, get pushed through corners like you weren't even turning and tear up u joints like they were cardboard. 99.9 percent of the time you never need the interaxle or a locker for that matter. But hey what do I know I've only owned and driven my own trucks for 20 years now. And have only been working on trucks for 25 years since I graduated tech school with papers from paccar,cat,Cummins,eaton and dana/Spicer.
Been doing it 20+ yrs myself Davo (pulling wrenches that is), and yes, you're spot on. Facts are facts and you have it nailed, sir.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
tom5051
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by tom5051 »

Oh babbbbbyyyyyy, I can't wait for these rigs to arrive on my farm. I have many road trains that need more POWER!
PigKing

Post by PigKing »

Hi guys this semi is nice and we needed a drop axle truck however it couldn't pull both big buds on the goldhofer lowboy my buddy the logger says in the real world a 700 horsepower truck would have pulled it also he and I see no need for a semi in farming simulator on any map to do 70 down a hill my biggest request is to please gear it down
Sonek4

Post by Sonek4 »

PigKing wrote:Hi guys this semi is nice and we needed a drop axle truck however it couldn't pull both big buds on the goldhofer lowboy my buddy the logger says in the real world a 700 horsepower truck would have pulled it also he and I see no need for a semi in farming simulator on any map to do 70 down a hill my biggest request is to please gear it down
Lol man! To go down a hill you need first reach it's top doesn't it? So how is that supposed to happen with a low horsepower truck fully loaded with two trailers? I can tell you this: that original Lizard TX 415 Barrelcore did it to climb a hill on Goldcrest at 5 kph! Yep! Only FIVE! So sorry but we need more power hahaha

Edit:
I am not sure if thats the rigth way to say this but here it goes: i cannot understand why a truck have traction in it's front steering axle and miss it by the last rear axle? I mean, those two axles on back should have traction and the one to steering should not. But since it looks like all machinery in FS goes the same way, who am i to go against it lol. (Same happens to the motor's sound that is more likely theres no gear changes)
Sonek4
FS 15/17/19/22 on PS4 and XBox One
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

Friends farmers, blacksheep uploaded a new video update of 950 legende know what is what they update ??
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
Sonek4

Post by Sonek4 »

Farm-war wrote:Friends farmers, blacksheep uploaded a new video update of 950 legende know what is what they update ??
I guess they updated the third axle (that one you can lift) because it wasn't getting dirt. That was the only issue i could find in it.
Sonek4
FS 15/17/19/22 on PS4 and XBox One
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

Also, this...
Separate options for the bull bar and airfoil, and they fixed the fit of the street tires on the rear axles.
Edit: My tires get dirty on my lifting axle but I don't use the Ground Control mod.

Pic of current road tires for comparison..
PS4 Farmer
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya the fitment for those tires are horrible can't wait to see them changed
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
cve312

Post by cve312 »

Did they fix anything for the console version of this truck? The pics above shows duals on the liftable Axel, mine version (ps4) still has the single wheel and also I only have the option of both the pullbar and top wing, I can only have both, or are these options only on PC or what?
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

The update has not been released yet.
PS4 Farmer
cve312

Post by cve312 »

Ok thanks, thought I missed something or my game wouldn't update it. I really want those dual wheels on that liftable Axel.
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

Me too!
PS4 Farmer