Seasons and maps / mods compatibility

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
gmfarmer420

Re: Seasons and maps / mods compatibility

Post by gmfarmer420 »

One is the large storage shed in game and the other is bsm storage tunnel from the modhub. I haven't tried any others yet but those were there before I did the snow mask.
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

I just tried the large storage shed on Dusty Cove: works perfectly. When adding snow, the snow does not fall inside the shed.
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

I tried it on an existing save and the sheds were already there before I did the snow mask. I am going to try placing a new shed on that save and also try on a new save to see when I get on my PC later.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

gmfarmer420 wrote:I tried it on an existing save and the sheds were already there before I did the snow mask. I am going to try placing a new shed on that save and also try on a new save to see when I get on my PC later.
That would not work then. The masking is done when there is a snow mask at the time you are placing.
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

Ok so if I sell my sheds and build new ones it will work?
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

gmfarmer420 wrote:Ok so if I sell my sheds and build new ones it will work?
Actually I was wrong. That should have worked when you reloaded the save game. But maybe try to add another to see what is happening. There might be an issue with the snow mask in this map. We are trying to figure out why we cannot reproduce this on Dusty Cove and you and another user are having this problem.
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

Update: placed new shed on the map works fine and still doesn't register the existing sheds before the snow mask. So sold the sheds and replaced with same ones. Also is there a way to increase max snow fall to say a full meter to simulate a nor'easter( major blizzard that comes up New England coast)?
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

gmfarmer420 wrote:Update: placed new shed on the map works fine and still doesn't register the existing sheds before the snow mask. So sold the sheds and replaced with same ones. Also is there a way to increase max snow fall to say a full meter to simulate a nor'easter( major blizzard that comes up New England coast)?
You've found a way to clear out all this snow??
There's only 2 equipments on the ModHub that does an effective work:
- Light Weight Universal Bucked, for 11500l Bucked for WheelLoader
- Sweeper Rabaud SuperNet 2200A, extreme and risky solution(removes/resets/delete ground material/modifications)

Anyone have found something else that works well to remove snow?
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

I haven't had a problem with any bucket clearing snow with any loader its time consuming but a real working plow would work wonders if it can be done. I also grew up moving snow so I'm used to alot of it. Also storms like that are a rare occurrence once every couple years but I had 3 feet back in march.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

I went on a wild shot and tried with the ROC RT 1000 belt windrower, bud sadly the windrowers dont support snow... :(
It would have been the perfect tool to clear out snow if it had worked...
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

gmfarmer420 wrote:I haven't had a problem with any bucket clearing snow with any loader its time consuming but a real working plow would work wonders if it can be done. I also grew up moving snow so I'm used to alot of it. Also storms like that are a rare occurrence once every couple years but I had 3 feet back in march.
Like one of the Seasons mod devs said in another post, I think it's going to come down to Giants adding a new "snowplow" or "grader" (or whatever name) specialization to the game to make angled snow plow blades work as they should. Is there any official method to submit this as a suggestion for a game update?
Questionnaire

Post by Questionnaire »

I think that when thew new Version cones out there should be a snow section in the shop for plows and buckets compatible with snow. Just an opinion.
Playing FS 15-17-19-22 on a Razer Blade.

PC Specs
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
AMD Radeon RX 590 "Fatboy"
Corsair Vengance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8) DDR4-3200
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Samsung 870 QVO Plus 1TB
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB M.2

In-game username:Questionnaire
Discord: russian_man_99
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

hi there
if we add a snow materialHolder to maps as a fillplane (will that work on buckets stuff to move snow)?
as it will load all fillplane stuff
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote:hi there
if we add a snow materialHolder to maps as a fillplane (will that work on buckets stuff to move snow)?
as it will load all fillplane stuff
Hi. Snow is just another fill type, so all vanilla buckets will pick it up no problem. It works very much like chaff or silage. That's why even stuff like this bulldozer will move snow.

https://www.modhoster.com/mods/dt-75m-pack
Stoatie

Post by Stoatie »

ThaFarmer wrote: You've found a way to clear out all this snow??

Anyone have found something else that works well to remove snow?
If you just want to clear the snow, then using a normal plough will get rid of it. The jympa's are particularly effective.