Seasons and maps / mods compatibility

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
don_apple

Re: Seasons and maps / mods compatibility

Post by don_apple »

Thanks a lot for all the additional info about the Seasons mod and the compatibility list *thumbsup*

One question though: Why is the 'Lossberg' map listed twice, once in the '**Maps not optimised for Seasons but working fine**' list and also in the '**Maps optimised for Seasons**' section?
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

don_apple wrote:Thanks a lot for all the additional info about the Seasons mod and the compatibility list *thumbsup*

One question though: Why is the 'Lossberg' map listed twice, once in the '**Maps not optimised for Seasons but working fine**' list and also in the '**Maps optimised for Seasons**' section?
That would be a silly mistake. It was updated recently and not removed from the other section. Oops. Thanks for spotting it. *thumbsup*
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

RattleSnake Valley V2 is compatible, but not ready for seasons mod:
No snow mask: Needs to have it added...
Textures/foliage isn't compatible with season's Textures&Colors...
See RSV Topic: viewtopic.php?f=895&t=107005&p=883980#p883980
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

ThaFarmer wrote:RattleSnake Valley V2 is compatible, but not ready for seasons mod:
No snow mask: Needs to have it added...
Textures/foliage isn't compatible with season's Textures&Colors...
See RSV Topic: viewtopic.php?f=895&t=107005&p=883980#p883980
Great. Thanks for letting us know.
BlackFox403

Post by BlackFox403 »

My wife and I have been using Seasons and have been really happy with using it. You guys did a fantastic job- a solid mod. We made the switch and have been very happy with it. We have a list compiled for your info.

Code: Select all

**Maps not optimised for Seasons but working fine** In other words, everything works as it should- we cannot harvest during non-harvest times, weather changes, winter hits and we get snow on ground, trailers fill up, etc.

* giantsIsland09- no snow mask and some trees do change when using the console command ssSetVisualSeason, snow falls in winter
* Farming Legend- no snow mask and the trees do *not* change when using the console command ssSetVisualSeason, snow falls in winter
* Gorale- no snow mask and some trees do change when using the console command ssSetVisualSeason, snow falls in winter
* Fichtelberg- no snow mask and some trees do change when using the console command ssSetVisualSeason, snow falls in winter
* Kleinhau- no snow mask and some trees do change when using the console command ssSetVisualSeason, snow falls in winter

**Mods we noticed on your "Mods with possible issues" list that we tested...

*ExternalAccount- we use this mod and have had no issues so far with it and Seasons
We tested the above in both singleplayer and multiplayer (no dedicated server but direct connect where my wife created the MP session and I connect to her).

We did have one thing come up that we were not too sure on. The module "ssStorage"- it seems we get an error in our log with the following...

Code: Select all

Warning (LUA): 'getUserAttribute': Argument 1 has wrong type. Expected: Int. Actual: Nil 
  ..\..\..\src\base\scripting\lua\LuaScriptSystem.cpp (640): expectedType == Value::VoidType
LUA call stack:
  dataS/scripts/objects/Storage.lua (58) : getUserAttribute
  =C:/Users/black/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/mods/FS17Contest_Seasons/src/placeables/ssStorage.lua (25) : superFunc
  dataS/scripts/objects/Storage.lua (16) : load
Warning (LUA): 'getUserAttribute': Argument 1 has wrong type. Expected: Int. Actual: Nil 
  ..\..\..\src\base\scripting\lua\LuaScriptSystem.cpp (640): expectedType == Value::VoidType
LUA call stack:
  dataS/scripts/objects/Storage.lua (59) : getUserAttribute
  =C:/Users/black/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/mods/FS17Contest_Seasons/src/placeables/ssStorage.lua (25) : superFunc
LUA call stack:
  dataS/scripts/objects/Storage.lua (60) : getUserAttribute
LUA call stack:
  dataS/scripts/objects/Storage.lua (68) : getUserAttribute
LUA call stack:
  dataS/scripts/objects/Storage.lua (75) : getUserAttribute
Warning (LUA): 'getName': Argument 1 has wrong type. Expected: Int. Actual: Nil 
LUA call stack:
  dataS/scripts/objects/Storage.lua (75) : getName
Error: Running LUA method 'Storage.onCreate'.
dataS/scripts/objects/Storage.lua(75) : attempt to concatenate a nil value

If we comment out the loading of "ssStorage" then no error and we can load our map of choice. My wife had thought perhaps our GlobalStorage was the issue so I tried without that mod and it still produced it. We then thought perhaps because we have placeable silos (this ties into the FarmingTablet and Farmsilosystem app script) as well as a few other placeable silos/fermenters that have storage. It is not a game breaker for us as we just don't load that one module, but if it is relating to silos and such I can revisit those mods to find and fix.

Otherwise, solid work and well done. You have our house hooked.

Regards
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Thanks for the comprehensive report.
Last edited by theSeb on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Thank you so much, BlackFox!

As a matter of fact, once i saw your error, I spotted the issue and have fixed it for 1.0.1 :)
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

It's still interesting knowing how to reproduce, because log is normally clean.
BlackFox403

Post by BlackFox403 »

Rahkiin wrote:Thank you so much, BlackFox!

As a matter of fact, once i saw your error, I spotted the issue and have fixed it for 1.0.1 :)
Curious if you might be able to let us know if in fact it has to do with anything that has "storage" and placeable, such as GlobalStorage or placeable silos that tie into Fabrikskript. I do not get the error on a new game with just Seasons or vehicles, but we had a hunch it is one of the placeable mods.

Otherwise, we can still play providing we just comment out that one module.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

BlackFox403 wrote:

Curious if you might be able to let us know if in fact it has to do with anything that has "storage" and placeable, such as GlobalStorage or placeable silos that tie into Fabrikskript. I do not get the error on a new game with just Seasons or vehicles, but we had a hunch it is one of the placeable mods.

Cheers for the clue. We will look into this a bit more. "1.0.1" is coming out soon(ish) after the mod contest ends.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

BlackFox403 wrote:

It has everything to do with any storage. ssStorage adjusts the cost of the Silos, and everywhere else the Storage class is used (it seems to be used by the train depot as well, and the placeable silo extension).
We make the pricing more... usable, given that we now have years with much longer crop cycles. Also, we normalize the costs over 6 day seasons, so using longer seasons is not inherently more costly than user shorter seasons (or other way around).

Does that help?
BlackFox403

Post by BlackFox403 »

Rahkiin wrote:
It has everything to do with any storage. ssStorage adjusts the cost of the Silos, and everywhere else the Storage class is used (it seems to be used by the train depot as well, and the placeable silo extension).
We make the pricing more... usable, given that we now have years with much longer crop cycles. Also, we normalize the costs over 6 day seasons, so using longer seasons is not inherently more costly than user shorter seasons (or other way around).

Does that help?
It does help us indeed. My wife will be pleased she is on the right track, and I will be revisiting GlobalStorage to make sure it does not Conflict with Seasons, as well as a few other placeables we use. Since we know the scripting side, most fixes we do solve our issues with what we use.

Thank you both for your time- it is appreciated.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

BlackFox403 wrote:
Rahkiin wrote:

Does that help?
It does help us indeed. My wife will be pleased she is on the right track, and I will be revisiting GlobalStorage to make sure it does not Conflict with Seasons, as well as a few other placeables we use. Since we know the scripting side, most fixes we do solve our issues with what we use.

Thank you both for your time- it is appreciated.
Let's chat on Discord nearer the time so that you can check GlobalStorage before Seasons 1.0.1 is released
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

I snow masked wbh for my save I started when seasons was released went to test it and the mask works perfect where I put it but I'm getting snow in my placeable sheds
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

gmfarmer420 wrote:I snow masked wbh for my save I started when seasons was released went to test it and the mask works perfect where I put it but I'm getting snow in my placeable sheds
That should not be happening. What sheds are they? Please provide more info